Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 19:41   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn2363 View Post
Did you get the appointment? .... Contact the VFS call centre ...

Regarding financial documents, the consulate is only interested in confirmed travel & lodging details plus a proof of steady income/ financial holdings, hence a 6 month bank statement depicting the latter are sufficient. 2 year ITR, if available, helps.
Thanks, bro.

After I had posted, I had tried to call the listed number for VFS. However, no response.

After almost messing up the appointment, the travel agency got us one in Bangalore. Visa granted & the passport reached us couple of days back. I felt that the travel agency person did not seem aware of exact requirements for proving income. At one point Many calls & mails exchanged, but in the end - got it.

Now for Schengen. Hopefully should not be a problem.
Old 21st April 2019, 09:30   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Need a help!

We filled DD form for paying German visa fee. HDFC issued Manager's cheque instead of DD. They said they issue Managers cheque if requested city and payable city is same. Is it OK?
Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 21st April 2019, 09:41   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Need a help!

We filled DD form for paying German visa fee. HDFC issued Manager's cheque instead of DD. They said they issue Managers cheque if requested city and payable city is same. Is it OK?

Demand drafts and Manager's cheques are technically the same. For intra city, its a Banker's/Manager's cheque. For outstation it's a Demand Draft. The bank would issue as applicable based on where the instrument would be deposited.
Old 21st April 2019, 10:22   #409
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @swissknife for your answer.
Old 24th April 2019, 10:02   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need a help!

German Visa - Manager's cheque is fine.

We submitted our documents to German consulate. They kept originals of my Master's degree certificate, marriage certificate, and my son's birth certificate. How long are they going to keep it? Do they return with our passports? I forgot to enquire about it.

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th April 2019 at 10:05.
Old 26th April 2019, 20:31   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea how long does it take to get the passport after submitting for a Schengen Visa ? Applied at VFS, Bangalore (Swiss)
Old 26th April 2019, 22:18   #412
BHPian

Quote:
German Visa - Manager's cheque is fine.

We submitted our documents to German consulate. They kept originals of my Master's degree certificate, marriage certificate, and my son's birth certificate. How long are they going to keep it? Do they return with our passports? I forgot to enquire about it.
For my brother's Schengen visa via Netherlands embassy, originals were submitted at the VFS center at Mumbai. All documents travel from VFS Mumbai to the consulate at Delhi and once Visa is issued, it is dispatched to the address you mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Any idea how long does it take to get the passport after submitting for a Schengen Visa ? Applied at VFS, Bangalore (Swiss)
As per my brother's experience, it took 4 working days for receipt of passport after submission.
Do not include Sundays or other holidays.

Last edited by Ithaca : 26th April 2019 at 22:35.
Old 28th April 2019, 12:12   #413
BHPian

Has anyone done eNTRI for entry into Malaysia? I have applied for my family and cousins and wanted to be prepared for any eventualities when we land in KL on the 9th of May. Last year I did eVisa for all of us and there was scrutiny of the documents I submitted and mistakes were asked to be corrected. However the eNTRI is just a form with proofs of last exit. The submission is barcoded and we are asked to carry it on our journey. Basically no scrutiny which has me a bit worried
Old 1st May 2019, 16:51   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I applied for a tourist visa at VFS Chennai on 23 Apr (Tue), the visa was processed on 25 Apr at the Swiss Embassy, couriered from VFS Delhi to my home on 26 Apr, delivered by Bluedart on 29 Apr ( Mon).
Fast turn around time indeed. Hope this info helps
Old 3rd May 2019, 18:13   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
I applied for a tourist visa at VFS Chennai on 23 Apr (Tue), the visa was processed on 25 Apr at the Swiss Embassy, couriered from VFS Delhi to my home on 26 Apr, delivered by Bluedart on 29 Apr ( Mon).
Thanks ..

Interview on 25th April, Passport delivered today - couriered to home. Much better than UK visa turn-around
Old 3rd May 2019, 19:26   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Thanks RST89

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/how_to_apply.html

I found the above link - is this the correct one.

Regards
S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
I applied for a Canadian visa online in March 2018. I had same scenario as yours where my uncle gave me a invitation letter as he is Canadian citizen. I didn't attach any travel tickets. Just gave travel itinerary in the online process along with other proofs. Got a visitor visa till March 2020. Just one advice, they take long time to process all the documents and the advertised time in just indicator.

I feel you can apply online instead of paying a travel agent as the process is simple. Some rules may have changed from Jan 2019 but it is a straight forward process.
I'm looking to apply for a Canada tourist visa for my wife. A travel agent has mentioned you can only apply online if you have a US visa first. Was this true in your case? I don't believe it is true as I filled out the questionnaire online mentioning that she has no prior US visa and it still provides an option to do the online application.

Also, you mention that you added a "travel itinerary in the online process along with other proofs". Would you mind sharing the format that you uploaded the travel itinerary and what the other proofs were?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 3rd May 2019, 21:21   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I'm looking to apply for a Canada tourist visa for my wife. A travel agent has mentioned you can only apply online if you have a US visa first. Was this true in your case? I don't believe it is true as I filled out the questionnaire online mentioning that she has no prior US visa and it still provides an option to do the online application.

Also, you mention that you added a "travel itinerary in the online process along with other proofs". Would you mind sharing the format that you uploaded the travel itinerary and what the other proofs were?

Thanks in advance for your help.
USA visa is not required to fill the online Canadian tourist visa application. The disclaimer is I had a USA visa but didn't show any proof to them that I had it. I have documented the process in below link on my personal blog.

Canadian Tourist visa

My invitation letter had details of flight from where I would be landing in Canada. The itinerary format should contain the dates that match your arrival in Canada and the city which you would be visiting. It's simple like date and place where you would be present.

Hope the link and above description helps.
Old 3rd May 2019, 22:39   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
USA visa is not required to fill the online Canadian tourist visa application. The disclaimer is I had a USA visa but didn't show any proof to them that I had it. I have documented the process in below link on my personal blog.

Canadian Tourist visa

My invitation letter had details of flight from where I would be landing in Canada. The itinerary format should contain the dates that match your arrival in Canada and the city which you would be visiting. It's simple like date and place where you would be present.

Hope the link and above description helps.
Awesome, thank you so much! This is extremely helpful.

Thanks again.
Old 12th May 2019, 17:01   #419
BHPian

**Perhaps this is not the right place to ask, but couldn't find where to post.

I'm being posted to Germany (2 years) by my organisation and my wife intends to come with me. Our VISA interviews haven't been done yet, but I wanted to know the work options for my wife on reunion visa in Germany. I heard that with special permission from an office in Germany, it is possible to work. But her VISA will still be dependent and its validity will expire once my VISA validity expires. Suppose she gets a job in Germany on dependent VISA during my tenure, must she come to India and apply for a fresh employment VISA and go back?

Kindly advise, if anybody has gone through this process.

Thanks,
Ryuu
Old 13th May 2019, 21:48   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
**Perhaps this is not the right place to ask, but couldn't find where to post.

I'm being posted to Germany (2 years) by my organisation and my wife intends to come with me. Our VISA interviews haven't been done yet, but I wanted to know the work options for my wife on reunion visa in Germany. I heard that with special permission from an office in Germany, it is possible to work.

Depends which visa you have, if you get a Blue Card, your spouse is eligible to work after reaching Germany, automatically.

Quote:
But her VISA will still be dependent and its validity will expire once my VISA validity expires.

Correct, because it is a dependent visa.

If she is eligible for a Blue card herself, she can apply for Blue Card and convert her dependent visa to Blue Card.

Quote:
Suppose she gets a job in Germany on dependent VISA during my tenure, must she come to India and apply for a fresh employment VISA and go back?

No not needed, she can start working as soon as possible, no need to return to India.

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks