Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 01:53   #1531
BHPian

Anyone looking for an opportunity with Fraud Investigation (banking) may apply at JP Morgan Chase, Mumbai.
Walk-in for an interview between 2pm to 6pm Mon to Fri at 7th floor, Magnus Tower, Mindspace, Malad West, Mumbai 64
I'm currently working with the same organization and department (Fraud) so PM me if you have any questions.
Old 25th October 2013, 11:18   #1532
BHPian

SAP PLMaint professionals query

Hello all,
I am marine engineer by profession having worked abt 10 yrs in plant maintenance (marine propulsion/power generation/oil and gas transporting ships) I have done an MBA in operations management concurrently.
Off-late I am finding some interest in SAP plant maintenance as an alternative career path.
I have gone through many forums and threads and found that queries addressed there are more for freshers as in w/o any previous work experience.

In my case, I have spent quite a time in maintenance management but nothing on SAP even as end user. Now what are prospects for guy like me in SAP plant maintenance. I am too specific with PM coz 10 yrs with hammers and spanners have left me with no much other skills like programming or whatever.

I run the shipboard maintenance administration single handedly like purchase, spares logistics, maintenance scheduling, permit to work and other safety matters like Health Safet and Environment, surveys and certification, Budget planning and budget control of almost 6 mn USD per year, projects planning and execution (on-board) and am also accountable for engineering maintenance of variety of systems including high voltage electrical, central A/C and refrigeration, propulsion, boilers, pneumatic/hydraulic control systems, complex fire fighting and detection systems, cryogenic cargo handling systems and very large diesel engines.

Can I start looking for a SAP job right away without investing on certification? Some of my friends working in IT have suggested this mode as they are not too sure if my previous work experience is relevent to employers. Hence they think it is better to see what interest the employers find in me. and if the prospective employers would be willing to train me. And then make a decision. Unfortunately none of these friends work on SAP.

Couple of guys having spent quite a time in SAP suggested to get Siemens SAP certification as they think PM domain + SAP certification is a deadly combo if I c'd use my experience for implementation. Now how can I guage if I can use my previous experience for any implementation prior enrolling to an expensive certification course. Honestly I do not have any SAP specific experience. I use computer based maintenance extensively but that software is an in-house developed and somehow mated with SAP implementation at headquarters.

I understand that there is no harm searching for jobs first but I think I might blow my 3 months vacation. It sh'dn't so happen that at the end everything w'd boil down to certification requirement. I am already 34 and I do not want to prolong transistion too much from now as I fear I might loose on age.

Hence I seek guidance of you knowledgeable and experienced SAP gurus.

Rgds.

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 25th October 2013 at 11:27. Reason: typo error
Old 25th October 2013, 12:03   #1533
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
A friend of mine, who is a project manager at Oracle, said his team needs a Java professional with 4+ years experience. Location is Bannerghatta road office, Bangalore.

Please PM me for further details.
What exactly does he need in Java. One of my friends would be interested if it's Core Java, JSP, Servelets, Javascript or Sturts.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:15   #1534
Distinguished - BHPian

Help Required

Dear friends,
I'm writing this post for my cousin who is a fresh graduate out of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida in IT stream. His scores have been averaging around 60%. He is a very bright and intelligent person but with a very big drawback being that he is suffering from 100% deafness ( Profound Sensorineural Deafness) in both ears making him 100% Physically Handicapped as per Govt norms. As of now, his base is Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. My aunt is staying with him as he cannot be left alone. His base will be Ghaziabad so we are only looking at options in and around Noida/Ghaziabad. We are little disturbed as he did get calls from some places but then no one responded after interview. We also feel that most of them are not responding as they are unable to understand how to deal with someone who cannot hear. He has been educated in a normal school with normal kids. He does not know sign language as there was no one around to teach the same at our place 20 years back. He is able to talk after lip reading and is able to go about with daily work. I'm not into IT sector so cannot exactly comment on his expertise but I'll be greatful to anyone who could come out to help him. Anyone who requires his CV can PM me or if required, I'll upload it here. I'll be very greatful and indebted to any possible help that can be offered.

Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 16:44   #1535
BHPian

Re: Help Required

Hi ,

Can you send me his profile. My email id is samarpan@gmail.com

I can definitely go an extra mile or two to help in this case, as this should set an example for many others physically challenged ones not to give up.

Thanks,
Sam_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Dear friends,
I'm writing this post for my cousin who is a fresh graduate out of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida in IT stream. His scores have been averaging around 60%. He is a very bright and intelligent person but with a very big drawback being that he is suffering from 100% deafness ( Profound Sensorineural Deafness) in both ears making him 100% Physically Handicapped as per Govt norms. As of now, his base is Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. My aunt is staying with him as he cannot be left alone. His base will be Ghaziabad so we are only looking at options in and around Noida/Ghaziabad. We are little disturbed as he did get calls from some places but then no one responded after interview. We also feel that most of them are not responding as they are unable to understand how to deal with someone who cannot hear. He has been educated in a normal school with normal kids. He does not know sign language as there was no one around to teach the same at our place 20 years back. He is able to talk after lip reading and is able to go about with daily work. I'm not into IT sector so cannot exactly comment on his expertise but I'll be greatful to anyone who could come out to help him. Anyone who requires his CV can PM me or if required, I'll upload it here. I'll be very greatful and indebted to any possible help that can be offered.

Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 19:15   #1536
BHPian

Re: SAP PLMaint professionals query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello all,
I am marine engineer by profession having worked abt 10 yrs in plant maintenance (marine propulsion/power generation/oil and gas transporting ships) I have done an MBA in operations management concurrently.
Off-late I am finding some interest in SAP plant maintenance as an alternative career path.

In my case, I have spent quite a time in maintenance management but nothing on SAP even as end user. Now what are prospects for guy like me in SAP plant maintenance. I am too specific with PM coz 10 yrs with hammers and spanners have left me with no much other skills like programming or whatever

Sindabad, I am a SAP Consultant and been in this job ever since I joined my organization. From what I know most of my colleagues have come to the SAP world after a bit of domain experience and preferably a MBA. So your thoughts on entering this field is a step in the right direction.
In SAP PM as you mentioned you dont need programming and hence you neednt worry about your skills as a programmer.

Quote:
Can I start looking for a SAP job right away without investing on certification? Some of my friends working in IT have suggested this mode as they are not too sure if my previous work experience is relevent to employers. Hence they think it is better to see what interest the employers find in me. and if the prospective employers would be willing to train me. And then make a decision. Unfortunately none of these friends work on SAP.
Well see it depends, some companies provide trainings to people of your profile and then use it for their projects. You can definitely try that , if you have the right contacts then I dont think it will be a big problem to get a job without a formal SAP training / certification.

But the problem is there are a lot of people who are in the market with similar skill sets ( or they claim so , there is a huge problem of fake experience resumes in this industry ) and hence if you just upload your resume in a job portal, then your profile might not get the right attention

So if you dont have enough contacts at key positions, and then want to get in, then its good that you invest in certification. You may check with other providers like ATos or something who offer training and certification at a better rate than Seimens.

Quote:
Couple of guys having spent quite a time in SAP suggested to get Siemens SAP certification as they think PM domain + SAP certification is a deadly combo if I c'd use my experience for implementation. Now how can I guage if I can use my previous experience for any implementation prior enrolling to an expensive certification course.
I will agree to what your friends mentioned. Certification and the right experience is the key here. In a real project what you will be doing is discussing the possible solutions that SAP has to offer to your clients and then taking note of the gaps / providing work arounds. Your experience as a plant maintenance engineer would really help you relate with the real time problems that your clients are facing and then give them a much better solution or a process to keep their plants up and running.

All the best..
Old 28th October 2013, 10:33   #1537
BHPian

Symantec Bangalore has a Program manager opening for 8+ (6+ relevant) years experience folks.

PM me to refer. More details @ http://buff.ly/1caYLmp
Old 28th October 2013, 10:51   #1538
BHPian

Paladion Networks looking for Information Security Consultants ans Project Managers.
Location - Bangalore, Mumbai, Dubai & Doha.
Requirement - At least 4-5 years of experience in Information Security field (Application Security Testing, Code Security, Security Auditing etc).

Anyone interested can PM me, I can get you in touch with their recruitment team.
Old 28th October 2013, 11:27   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Help required

Any Remote server/Network monitoring and Server migration jobs availiable for me ?

5 plus years experience in Server/network monitoring

Old 29th October 2013, 06:37   #1540
BHPian

Cognizant has called for 2013 passout batch Offcampus Recruitment registration. It doesnt require any referral, candidates can directly register in through the Company portal.

Trying to get hold of the portal details. Will post in some time.
Old 29th October 2013, 08:41   #1541
BHPian

Here is the link for registration

https://www.myamcat.com/Cognizant-Offcampus2013.am

Mods - Please merge with my previous reply if possible, I am not able to Edit
Old 29th October 2013, 14:54   #1542
BHPian

HI Bhpians,

Suggest Best companies for Software testing professional to work for in the US in IT services .Looking for Good work environement &location ,good pay ,Work-life balance I have vast experience and good knowledge on Retail and Banking domain.
I am planning to change my job and looking for permanent positions in the US and ready to give a long term commitment.
If there are any such openings in your company for H1B holders and on W2 please PM me i will send in my updated resume.

thanks
MSVG
Old 31st October 2013, 13:09   #1543
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

I am currently having 3+ years of sales & marketing experience in industrial related products. Looking for a job change in Delhi/NCR region. Any opportunities please do let me know.
Old 13th November 2013, 11:30   #1544
Oxy
BHPian

My wife needs someone in her team who is into ITIL having around 6 years of experience on Production Support and willing to work in UK shifts.

Interested people can PM me. The opening is for TCS at ITPL, Bangalore.
Old 13th November 2013, 13:13   #1545
BHPian

Re: Help Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Dear friends,
I'm writing this post for my cousin who is a fresh graduate out of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida in IT stream. His scores have been averaging around 60%.
Please send his profile on ankur.shankdhar@gmail.com. I would be more than happy to help and infact I passed out from one of the Jaypee Institutes.

I won't put forth false hopes as I feel sad to say but the IT stream is flooded with graduates right now and this stream is more customer centric, which unfortunately puts your cousin in a problematic situation. I would do whatever I can.

Good Luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks