Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 16:03   #91
Senior - BHPian

Have you decided a name?
Hows "NIRVANA" as a name? or "NIRVANA Estate" or "COFFEE CLOUDS"
If you have some cinnamom trees or grow them, then "CINAMOM" is a good name. remember cinamom has super healing qualities!
My bungalow on the hills is named Nirvana.

Last edited by scooby05 : 14th October 2008 at 16:04. Reason: added
Old 14th October 2008, 17:24   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I liked the place buddy and here are some advice.
Please price it reasonably as i feel quite alot of them price it kinda exorbidantly.
Please make small trips yourself and try to cut the number of agents as this actually makes things look expensive.
Also while makeing the bookings be careful.
A plain example being a couple on a holiday and the rest are all bachelors.
Also is there places for a campfire and all?
Hey maddy i know what you mean regarding the pricing.i have seen a couple of them myself.Regarding agents,the amount will be fixed and whether a guest comes via self booking or an agent the amount wont be changed.in other words just because there is an agent the guest wont have to bear the brunt of it.As for bookings,i have decided that no groups of bachelors will be allowed if there are families or couples.i dont want drunken stags creating noise and harassing innocent people.a special place will be kept for bon fires.maybe even have a fire on the sand next to the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Have you decided a name?
Hows "NIRVANA" as a name? or "NIRVANA Estate" or "COFFEE CLOUDS"
If you have some cinnamom trees or grow them, then "CINAMOM" is a good name. remember cinamom has super healing qualities!
My bungalow on the hills is named Nirvana.
Oh i missed this part completely.We decided to name the place COFFEE CREEK after the suggestion by fellow tbhpian NIP.It totally skipped my mind.

@all:The place will be called COFFEE CREEK Holiday Home after the suggestion by tbhpian NIP.

@NIP: thanks buddy for the name and get ready to pack your bags and visit as soon as the place is completed.
Old 14th October 2008, 20:14   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Hi ash.We havent yet fixed upon the cost aspect of it yet since its not yet fully functional.iam researching other homestays based on facilities and costs and the end result will be based on that.one thing for sure is i would definitely try to keep it as affordable as possible.Regarding the tours and travels i havent tied up with anyone yet.i have been toying with the idea of operating some local sight seeing myself without any external agents.would surely help to keep the costs low.
Actually operating the tour on your own may turn out to be more expensive. You will have not have the economy of scale working in your favor. However, it will definitely be a selling point. I think a full day tour for a family of four might cost you around 1000 (maybe more considering fuel, vehicle,driver etc). So you might end up charging 1200 or 1300 to the customer. Its acceptable but maybe on the higher side unless you figure out a way to include it in the accommodation package cost.
Old 15th October 2008, 02:27   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Actually operating the tour on your own may turn out to be more expensive. You will have not have the economy of scale working in your favor. However, it will definitely be a selling point. I think a full day tour for a family of four might cost you around 1000 (maybe more considering fuel, vehicle,driver etc). So you might end up charging 1200 or 1300 to the customer. Its acceptable but maybe on the higher side unless you figure out a way to include it in the accommodation package cost.
i do not want to include it separately.as time goes by iam planning to have package tours if things work out.even otherwise,a guided tour depends on the place of visit and the distance as done by other tour operators here.lets see how it works out
Old 7th November 2008, 09:54   #95
NIP
Senior - BHPian

hey congrats on the name zahed !! Coffee Creek definitely sounds cozy and mystic. Will definitely visit your place when I'm in coorg next time
Old 7th November 2008, 10:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

good going... do post some pics of the place...........
Old 7th November 2008, 10:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey PrinceZahed,

Congrats on the naming! And all the best on the venture.

A request to you will be this - better make sure you know who makes the coffee in your place. Coorg is know, for other things, for its coffee also and with the name given, buddy, you should be having the best coffee available there!

And hey, hows the work progressing over there?
Old 7th November 2008, 10:48   #98
BHPian

Hey, congrats dude.
I could not do Coorg as I planned last month. So it is is plans again for near future.
Let us know once you have completed your work.
Old 7th November 2008, 11:28   #99
BHPian

Hi PrinceZahed,

What is the latest progress on your project? I may visit Coorg in the Christmas vacation of 2009 with my family, will it be ready by then?

All the best!
Old 7th November 2008, 13:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

Buddy what do you think about starting a small aviary so you can give fresh honey to your guests. Just read that the coorg honey society help out someway.
Old 10th November 2008, 20:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy what do you think about starting a small aviary so you can give fresh honey to your guests. Just read that the coorg honey society help out someway.
well i did enquire about the aviary once from the society itself.they give rebates and since all the societies in coorg come under someone i know well it shouldnt be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Hi PrinceZahed,

What is the latest progress on your project? I may visit Coorg in the Christmas vacation of 2009 with my family, will it be ready by then?

All the best!
hey buddy as of now the main house is ready.just getting the surrounding estate cleaned up along with some other small construction work which should be done by another 10days.we had plans of building cottages but that may take another month or 2 to start due to some unforseen circumstances.your visiting in 2009 christmas?by then it would have completed its 1st year of operations.i will post new pics in about a weeks time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Hey, congrats dude.
I could not do Coorg as I planned last month. So it is is plans again for near future.
Let us know once you have completed your work.
thanks buddy.the main house has been completed.will post updated pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hey PrinceZahed,

Congrats on the naming! And all the best on the venture.

A request to you will be this - better make sure you know who makes the coffee in your place. Coorg is know, for other things, for its coffee also and with the name given, buddy, you should be having the best coffee available there!

And hey, hows the work progressing over there?
thanks buddy.will try to make sure that the coffee is as good as possible.anyways coffee creek is better known for the peace and tranquility and the creek more than.all the friends and others who have visited the place have liked it even though its about 1km interior from the highway.
construction of the main house is over.just getting a few small things sorted out.will post updated pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
good going... do post some pics of the place...........
hey lohith will surely post pics soon buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
hey congrats on the name zahed !! Coffee Creek definitely sounds cozy and mystic. Will definitely visit your place when I'm in coorg next time
well the name is yours,not mine thanks.coffee creek has not even been completed and already i have a few ppl ready to buy it.

@all:sorry for the delay in replying.i do not have a net connection here and iam not able to visit d cyber cafe daily.will keep you al posted with updated pics soon.
Old 17th November 2008, 19:49   #102

Hey dude...Planning to come there in Dec alongwith 4 on my friends.....Whats the current status of your resort and the tariff? Also help suggest the best approach road to Madikeri from Banglore
Old 17th November 2008, 21:06   #103
BHPian

Updated pics

Hi guys.Just thought i would post a few pics taken 2days back.as of now the cottage construction is on hold for some unforseen reasons and would start by year end or early jan.Hope you like the pics.camp fire can be arranged as of now amongst the trees.still a bit more work to go till its all neat and clean.

@drdryeyes: the pics below is how it would look for now.please pm me for any more details that you may want.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_1782.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2085.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2088.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2097.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2093.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2098.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2100.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2104.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_2106.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-img_1787.jpg  

Old 17th November 2008, 21:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Good place dude. Congrats as its almost up. So when is it starting running??
Old 17th November 2008, 21:29   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Good place dude. Congrats as its almost up. So when is it starting running??
thanks maddy.starting in a weeks time
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks