Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 03:43   #16
BHPian

I have an indoor flying helicopter. its Chinese made. It may be a good start for amateurs. I shall post pics tomorrow.
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

i use to make small aircraft

it was my favorite pass time its called aeromodelling. The kit are available locally,but one need a lot of understanding to make and fly these airplanes and they also cost a bomb. Upwards for 7-8k for a decent kit and 10k+ for engines the R/C one cost upward of 25k to build and fly
Old 8th December 2008, 11:08   #18

hi guys..nowadays it has become pretty inexpensive..you can get almost full trainer setups for as low as 11k including the radio equipment. But it is electric...fuel version setups would cost about 20k..but you need extensive training and experience to build and fly such planes..anyone interested in chennai can get in touch with me at 9952966660..i fly regularly at sholavaram air strip near red hills...got addicted to this hobby 4 months back!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th December 2008 at 14:11. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aero Modelling and GP Cars

BHPians,

Chennai is proving itself as Automotive hub for the country(may be for the world in the future).
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-image017.jpg

Not only cars, trucks and bikes now also in Aero modeling and GP cars.
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-image021.jpg

Here is one of the state of art work shop that makes aero model flights and helicopters. I was visiting them yesterday and got stumped on their infrastructure and workmanship.
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-image019.jpg

It was great to see lots of guys working day and night making the miniature flights, cars, helicopters and so on.
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-image018.jpg

This one is attracted me heavily, a 100cc twin ;-)
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-image028.jpg

The guys in here teach how to fly the miniature flying objects in chennai, it is new fond passion that caught the city's attention. Anyone visiting chennai and going towards ECR can witness the mini flights taking off near the sea shore.
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-image024.jpg

the devices are radio controlled and few of the cars they have got can reach maximum speed upto 140+ kmph.
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-image022.jpg
Old 15th December 2008, 17:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Where is this person located in Chennai? Would like to have a look. Please provide details.
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

This workshop is in Thiruvanmiyur(Palavakkam) but I really don't have the address as they recently moved in to this place. I will try getting it for you.
Old 6th January 2009, 08:34   #22
BHPian

Mine is an inexpensive indoor helicopter (chinese made) but still a lot of fun. It takes 20 minutes to charge and has a flying time of 2-4 minutes. Its very sensitive to wind and hence should not be flown outside or near a fan. Its a little difficult to control at first but it gets easier later with practice. It does nothing but hover around, I usually tape a pin to its nose to make it fly forward.
Attached Thumbnails
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-heli.jpg  

Old 27th May 2009, 19:05   #23

Hey,

Its great to see so many ppl talking about aeromodelling or RC hobbies on Team BHP. i am also an aeromodeller or a hobbiest .

I also tend to own a few models like:

I have a velox 120 size with a 26cc zenoah and all high torque metal gear servos, Lazer 2000 with 45CC DA engine with again metal gear servos, a seaplane called Neptune 46, ultimate bipe 46size, extra 300 - 60size, corsair 90 size and a few small ones

in cars I own a inferno US SPORT 2 edition, Sledge Hammer S50 with a 0.70 engine, EB4 S3, Savage X with a racing engine...

I am preparing my car for the upcoming race on the 5 - 7th of June in Mumbai.

hope to see a few BHPians there.

CHEERS!!!!

RC HOBBY IS THE BEST
Old 28th May 2009, 02:08   #24
BHPian

Nice to see you here BRC. I'm into aero stuff waiting to get into Road and Water in a bigger way now I have a few electric cars and Boats.
All the best!
cheers!
Old 28th May 2009, 13:10   #25

Thanks for the greeting....

I am sure you should be in cars its a lot more fun and exciting then planes I think,

As for Cars you need no special area to drive then.... yes but they are too noisy and PUC is on think you need to get for theses........
Old 24th August 2009, 13:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

If someone likes RC turbine Jets, here one at Sholavaram, Chennai. Piloted by Gurunath. See the Chennai super kings colors.

Old 24th September 2009, 14:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Radio Controlled airplane-maiden flight

Hi folks,

On a lazy evening, somebody sent a link for youtube video of Radio controlled airplanes which does the aerobatics and complex flying as real life planes. The video was fascinating enough to hook me on to R/c planes and kept studying and exploring more info on the subject.

The result, ordered for a kit - ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) on the net. Got one, in bits and pieces, got taken for ride by vendor from chennai. Time lag of one and a half year after getting first consignment, finally was ready to fly.

Engaged a trainer - Vijay Gupta in Bangalore and went for first view of flying to Hoskote Lake bed. He and another gentleman had their models flying.

Model spec:

Trainer - high winger of 60' wing span
Engine - .56 ( 9 cc engine) of JBA Make
Transmitor - Futaba 6 channel
Fuel - Glow fuel , a mixture of methanol 75 % and caster Oil 25 %
First set of batteries for transmiter and receiver - Duracell

A weekend next was my model ready to fly. Warmed up the engine. Maiden flight took off without any hiccups. followed two more flights of 12- 13 minutes each. Excitement is unimaginable. Once on air, the transmitter was given to me to flight control. Burned the fuel completely in air. Now the transmitter is handed over to the Trainer. He brings the model in gliding mode to land.

some pictures are given below:
Attached Thumbnails
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-img_1241.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-img_1242.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-img_1243.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-img_1244.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-img_1240.jpg  

Old 24th September 2009, 14:17   #28
BHPian

Congrats on the new toy, sir. Now you have one more thing to get hooked on to!! How was it to control? How much did the whole kit cost you? Didn't the grassy surface cause any issues in take-off/landing?
Old 24th September 2009, 14:43   #29
BHPian

Congrarts and a nice writeup. Did you try @ the indus avation store @ koramangala 80 ft road. they a R/c palne and avaiton related store.

Do you have exprience flying R/C planes as I heard you need to know how to fly and land them.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:04   #30
BHPian

Wow! Should have been a wonderful experience.

There is a group who meet regularly at the Jakkur airport too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks