Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 12:07   #46
Sha
BHPian

Congrats Sir, I guess now it will be easy to spot OTR trail.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Congrats Sir, I guess now it will be easy to spot OTR trail.
Like what , fitting a camera and flying on unchartered area to identify the trail? Smart move Sha.

We need to find first an airfield to takeoff and land too near the OTR trail.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Shajufx,

Nice to know that people are getting interested in this hobby. I have just started getting to fly. But I find it very involving. To build the model from ARF stage will take lot of patience and study through the manuals. In USA this hobby is very popular and cheaper to get the kit.

Dwarak
Very true. Seeing your involvement and the videos I am hooked now.

Thanks a lot for your kind messages.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:47   #49
BHPian

another video..
bangalore flying club

Old 25th September 2009, 15:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Bangalore,

Nice video. Helicoptor flying is much more trickier than plane itself.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Bangalore,

Nice video. Helicoptor flying is much more trickier than plane itself.
Yes. In real flying business also it is the same and the training for flying a helicopter is much more expensive.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

I always imagined myself flying an actual plane (thanks to few hollywood movies !) but had tough times landing it in dreams !. Somehow helicopter always reminds me of spraying pesticides to the rubber plantations (kerala and TN). Youtube has plenty of videos including the filmstars Ajith and Madhavan enjoying this hobby. Somewhere I read Madhavan has half a dozen of RC planes and helicopters.

I understand this is a hobby getting popular as days pass. Its not economical too ! My first attempt is to get invited by someone to atleast see it in real, then I could think about the practicalities.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I always imagined myself flying an actual plane (thanks to few hollywood movies !) but had tough times landing it in dreams !. Somehow helicopter always reminds me of spraying pesticides to the rubber plantations (kerala and TN). Youtube has plenty of videos including the filmstars Ajith and Madhavan enjoying this hobby. Somewhere I read Madhavan has half a dozen of RC planes and helicopters.

I understand this is a hobby getting popular as days pass. Its not economical too ! My first attempt is to get invited by someone to atleast see it in real, then I could think about the practicalities.
Will let you know the next date for flying, mostly on weekends. Please come over.
Old 25th September 2009, 19:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that was quick ! Thanks for the good heart, I will surely make it, probably with my 3.5 yrs old boy (if kids are allowed). Jakkur is very close to me as I stay close to Hebbal flyover.
Old 25th September 2009, 22:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

I dont see any reason why this thread should be on the motorsports forum. Must move to Shifting gears or Radio control Aircrafts thread.
Old 27th September 2009, 00:15   #56
BHPian

I checked this after a long time, AND I'M happy that there are AERO- Hobbyfolks on tbhp, I had made an entry last year some time and didn't hear from anyone, untill they merged a bunch of aero threads - GOOD!
hope to see more action and I must say Great Planes and Great pilots.
Thanks Ajo for that affirmation. R/C is a great Hobby or shall we call it insanity
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:28   #57
BHPian

Want Aeromodelling teachers to teach kids at Summer Camp at Mudumalai in the month of

April and may .
If any one interested please contact - 09448485160

Quote:
Hi folks,

On a lazy evening, somebody sent a link for Youtube video of Radio controlled airplanes which does the aerobatics and complex flying as real life planes. The video was fascinating enough to hook me on to R/c planes and kept studying and exploring more info on the subject.

The result, ordered for a kit - ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) on the net. Got one, in bits and pieces, got taken for ride by vendor from chennai. Time lag of one and a half year after getting first consignment, finally was ready to fly.

Engaged a trainer - Vijay Gupta in Bangalore and went for first view of flying to Hoskote Lake bed. He and another gentleman had their models flying.

Model spec:

Trainer - high winger of 60' wing span
Engine - .56 ( 9 cc engine) of JBA Make
Transmitor - Futaba 6 channel
Fuel - Glow fuel , a mixture of methanol 75 % and caster Oil 25 %
First set of batteries for transmiter and receiver - Duracell

A weekend next was my model ready to fly. Warmed up the engine. Maiden flight took off without any hiccups. followed two more flights of 12- 13 minutes each. Excitement is unimaginable. Once on air, the transmitter was given to me to flight control. Burned the fuel completely in air. Now the transmitter is handed over to the Trainer. He brings the model in gliding mode to land.

some pictures are given below:
Old 5th May 2011, 19:51   #58
BHPian

Any RC Aeromodellers in Team BHP?

Just got my hands on 2 RC aeromodels. These are the two high wing Arising Star ARFs which the vendor assembled and delivered to us. We have the full where with all to operate the models as far as hardware is concerned, but are lacking in training. The vendor gave us a demo on the models when he delivered it to us and I had a few basic hands on moments with a similar aeromodel, in which I managed the take off and basic straight and level as well as turns, but I am yet to try a landing and since a crash is going to cost us about 35G I don't really want to try it on my own.
Does any one have any ides of some one who can come over to Bidar and train us on the birds? Accommodation and the like will be taken care of and we will be ready to pay for the services of the trainer. I expect us to be comfortable with the birds in about 7 days.
Any leads people?
Old 6th May 2011, 20:22   #59
BHPian

Re: Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling

** Moderators** My bad. Sorry for not carrying out a proper search before posting!
Old 31st January 2012, 11:31   #60
BHPian

Re: Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling

The child in me woke up last weekend and I got myself this humongous battery operated chinese heli. You can see the comparison with the mobile phone in the pics just to get an idea how big this is. This thing needs a large area to fly and the frontyard of our house was not enough that I kept crashing into the plants in the garden even trimming the leaves in the bargain. On the first charge the battery lasted for almost half an hour, hope the duration lasts longer on further usage.

As the pics speak, its got leds in the 'missiles' as well as headlights. Heli battery is rechargeable and has a connector which can be disconnected when the chopper is not in use for long periods. The whole unit is lightweight and the rotating blades are as loud as a vaccuum cleaner. I love this thing!
Attached Thumbnails
Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-dsc_0314.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-dsc_0315.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-dsc_0319.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-dsc_0320.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-dsc_0321.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-dsc_0322.jpg  

Miniature Remote controlled Airplanes & Aeromodelling-dsc_0323.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks