Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:49   #11071
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But I only saw Rudra's entry other than mine. If other BHPians have posted, do let me know the position of the photo.
If you dont mind, can you PM me yours as well?

Loads of good photographs there. I love going through those pics. I've got loads to learn before thinking about participating!

One macro shot today. I love shooting Dragonflies! Amazing insects they are!!!
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_2975wms_800.jpg
Click to view in flickr!

OT: Are these scratch marks on the eyes?
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:11   #11072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If you dont mind, can you PM me yours as well?

Loads of good photographs there. I love going through those pics. I've got loads to learn before thinking about participating!
Rudra is at position 30 and I am at 69. But these positions can change a little since some people are still uploading without realizing it is too late. BTW, don't blindly click like because it is from a BHPian. That won't be right. Only if you feel it matches the theme and has compositional merit, click like to vote. In fact, do this for as many pics as possible. I have visited all the pics and voted the ones I liked. See here: http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...71598&view=all

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd November 2010 at 18:36.
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:33   #11073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
....I love shooting Dragonflies! Amazing insects they are!!!
Good details buddy. Reminds me of someone with a full MacD burger shoved into his mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Rudra is at position 30 and I am at 69.
I already voted for you and yes your position is not a comfortable one
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:32   #11074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

You got it with more blacks (CS4 bleach bypass gives that effect), I am guessing its also at 400mm and cropped.
yeah taken at 400 mm, cropped. and some shadow/highlight adjustment.
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:36   #11075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I already voted for you and yes your position is not a comfortable one
Here is the list of photos: Login | Facebook BTW, 69 is the year of my birth, so I am OK.

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd November 2010 at 18:59.
Old 24th November 2010, 00:16   #11076
Senior - BHPian

@ Shajufx, the pics of the Bulbul was captured in Yercaud. We had just parked our car near the lake when we spotted that beauty, sitting on a fence right in front our car. I barely had enough time to switch on my camera and take four shots, before the birdie flew away. My wifey was shooting the ghat roads of Yercaud earlier, so I had to shoot with those settings itself. The pic came out a bit dark, as I had no time to adjust anything.

Here are two pics, of the same bird. I hope I edited better this time!

The Official non-auto Image thread-2-bulbul.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-4-bulbul.jpg

@ CrAzY dRiVeR, thanks for the appreciation. I took over 800 night shots of the palace from different angles and places! More pics can be seen in my travelogue (about 2000 pics, I guess).

The exif of that pic is as follows;
Focal Length - 70 MM
Aperture - F 10
Exp - 20 Sec
ISO - 200
White Balance - Auto
Shutter priority mode

& temperature on the hill? 2 Degree C!!!

Since you liked the palaces, here is one more pic for you.

The Official non-auto Image thread-fireworks-over-lake-palace.jpg

This shot was by far the most difficult shot I ever took. I had no idea that there would be fireworks over the Lake Palace. So I did not get much time to prepare for the shot. I had approximately 4 seconds to dial in the settings in my camera!!! The whole show lasted just about 20 seconds.
Old 24th November 2010, 00:29   #11077
BHPian

@Shaju: Thanks!
@Chevy Lover: Nice photo again!
@Sujai: Thanks! No flash used in the last shot. What is the kit you use for your macro shots or is it a dedicated lens?

All the best to all those who have participated in the contest

Moon anyone?

The Official non-auto Image thread-moon-full-resized.jpg

Regards
Preetam

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 24th November 2010 at 00:47.
Old 24th November 2010, 04:20   #11078
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
No flash used in the last shot.
Available light will be very less, and its quite difficult to get decent shutter speeds to prevent shake! Also, you need to stay at f/8 or more to get decent DOF to work with, further limiting the light available.

Flash lighting is the way to go, IMHO! (Although on camera flash will be difficult to use without glare in case of aquariums!)
Old 24th November 2010, 06:25   #11079
BHPian

Another one from my Garden collection.

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_0331_726.jpg
Old 24th November 2010, 13:52   #11080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
..The pic came out a bit dark, as I had no time to adjust anything.
Second crop looks nice, still the yellow is very bright, probably it is fluorescent type in real or the dull color of bird doesn't go well with the bright yellow, or may be the yellow is a distracting fellow. Technically my comment has no base, so please dont take it serious

Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again
The Official non-auto Image thread-115.jpg
200mm, f/2.8, sometimes you have to enter someone else's house to get that angle..LOL
Old 24th November 2010, 13:56   #11081
Senior - BHPian

@ Preetam, excellent pic of the moon. Which lens was used? And the focal length? Can you reveal the secret?
Old 24th November 2010, 14:20   #11082
Senior - BHPian

Attention.

Entries are open for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY, PHOTOGRAPH OF THE YEAR 2010, until 30 November 9 am.
Link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...st-2010-a.html

Regards,
Old 24th November 2010, 15:24   #11083
Senior - BHPian

Fazal, do you think we can beat those big guns ? I dream of winning something like this, atleast I could get all my DSLR dream kit one day

I saw those images through boston.com that was posted on 19th November. I got spell bound with the first image of giraffe and lioness (Alex Tan) and 'the unsafe journey' (Amy Helene). I wish I could shoot atleast something closer to them in my next 5 years of learning.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:34   #11084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fazal, do you think we can beat those big guns ? I dream of winning something like this, atleast I could get all my DSLR dream kit one day

I saw those images through boston.com that was posted on 19th November. I got spell bound with the first image of giraffe and lioness (Alex Tan) and 'the unsafe journey' (Amy Helene). I wish I could shoot atleast something closer to them in my next 5 years of learning.
shajufx,

Some were already and some have become "Big Guns" after these images.

It is a combination of being there at the right moment and right gear, not to disregard the fact that one needs to be good with composition, aperture and shutter controls and most importantly, imagination before they press the shutter release button.

The giraffe and lion pic. is a great capture of action and the right position apart from the exposure and high end gear.

Lightning and the statue of Liberty are being there, a perfect timing shot, though the image quality is not that impressive.

The Llama and Oasis in the desert are beautiful.

Rudra Sen's Thiksey Monastery is far superior in terms of contrast and mix of colors and composition, compared to the one here.

The egret and the fish is a magnificent capture.

The woman on train is such a wonderful shot with own story apart from the captured motion blur, just visualize...wouldn't it be an ordinary shot had it been shot at a higher shutter speed?

The shopping dolphin has turned out so well balanced due to the land mass in the back ground.

The roosters and boys through the filtered sunlight is full of life.

The twister or tornado is just out of this world.

The boy in the wheel chair needs no words, it speaks out very loud.

The African boy's mood and the near monotone make it so special.

The 'Unsafe Journey' last pic. is orchestrated beautifully, but what makes it so interesting is the story behind it and the rebirth theme.

Can you comment on the 10th photograph, the woman washing clothes?

This was shot by me, deep in Srisailam Tiger Reserve, of tribal woman and her mentally disabled son. She is all through keeping a vigilant eye on him (as he is pretending to help her) perched on a slippery rock. Just a few feet downstream of this perennial stream, on his right is a 30 foot deep gorge.

You see shajufx, mine will be very down the line when the judges would be viewing and short listing the entries but I am there, at least to lose to someone better.

I have seen your photographs, you are good. Just pick one you believe deserves to be there, of course winning and losing is a part of the competition. Who knows you might your DSLR dream kit may be realized.

All the Best.

Regards,
Old 24th November 2010, 17:00   #11085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
...It is a combination of being there at the right moment and right gear, not to disregard the fact that one needs to be good with composition, aperture and shutter controls and most importantly, imagination before they press the shutter release button.
Wow, very happy to know you have something placed with the 'big guns' , somehow your image was not there where I saw them National Geographic's Photography Contest 2010 - The Big Picture - Boston.com

There is a story behind every image, yours is not different at all. I doubt if I can pinpoint atleast one such image from my whole collection over the last 1 year ! Thanks for the inspiration, I will start digging my hard drive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks