Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/45546-guide-eating-out-hyderabad-secunderabad-cyberabad-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrinalSinha (Post 1383317)
I know the MGrill, where is F9?

It's right on the crossroad of Kondapur T-Junction on the way to Bar-one, but much before that.

Thanks Mobike gaaru!! Will check that out tonite on my way back. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrinalSinha (Post 1383876)
Thanks Mobike gaaru!! Will check that out tonite on my way back. :)

Sure !!!

Forgot to mention they have a nice lunch buffet ( continental included) for Rs.199 ++ ( Rs.235 NET) with a very large salad counter and Indian,Chinese and Continental dishes with desserts.

Btw, I went for lunch again today to "Wantons" at Gachibowli and i am becoming a fan of this place. All the dishes are pretty good. What we ordered

Veg Hot and Sour Soup
Veg Fried Wantons
Pepper Chicken ( this was awesome)
Oriental Fish in Gravy ( very good)
Veg Manchuria in Gravy
Veg Fried Rice ( something special rice, i forgot the name, very good)
Chilly Garlic Veg Soft Noodles ( Very Good)

I am seriously contemplating of making this my regular place whenever i have chinese food cravings.:thumbs up

Been to Reshmi's at Paradise, Sec'bad for dinner day before yesterday night.

Corn Cheese Balls
Smoked Paneer
Dal Makhani
Gobi Paratha/Laccha Paratha/Kulcha/Roti
Meat Biryani

Rs.600

Cheese Balls were out of this world as usual. However, the star of the evening was smoked paneer, superb and perfectly cooked. Even Dal Makhani was very nice according to wifey.

We love this place:thumbs up

Had lunch at Punjabi Rasoi, Gachibowli X roads.

Very nice, very rich food.
The punjabi lassi had a huge mallai layer, with some badam etc.

Three of us had;
1 Chicken Kabeb
Phulkas: Excellent
Punjabi Chicken chops: decent
Hyderabadi Veg something: good
1 Chicken paratha, good
3 Lassi's
bottle of mineral water.

Bill about 800.

Excellent service.

They have a veg restaurant from the same group in the ground floor.
A friend of mine was all praises for the thali they serve there.

Tried the Kwality's Grill and Curry over the past 2 afternoons.

Their USP seem to be the wide variety of combos (feel so, for the first day I was there they showed me a menu with just the combos, no A la carte, That changed the second day).

The first day I tried the Fish n chips combo. Did not serve the welcome drink (I disn't ask for it too, for I wouldn't have it anyhow), They brought on the soup which was definitely not my liking, it had a slight sweetness to it and the bits of chicken, which was not cooked properly, reminded me of the difficult times I have had in various restaurants in China.

However the Fish and Chips turned out to be the saving grace. The portion was good enough for a hungry person and the fish was fresh. This was followed by some Caramel custard but I did not eat it so I would not know how it tasted. This combo costed me around 195/- + taxes @4%.

This afternoon I was there again and asked for the Chinese NV Combo which consisted of a Chicken Manchow soup, A veg Fried Rice, A chicken soft noodles and a Chicken in Garlic sauce. I could not eat the noodles after I had had the Fried rice. Overall eventhough the rice seemed a bit undercoooked for comfort, the meal was pretty nice and at 150/- it was inexpensive too.

The other combos that they have other than the A La Carte are
Lebanese Combo
Mexican Combo
Indian Combo
Biryani Combo
Chole Batura Combo and a few others I don't remember.

The have these combos for the Vegetarians too for a few tens of Rupees less. The ambience is good and so is the service.

My office being stones throw distance from this place, and me being sick of Nanking, Reshmi's Taj Mahal, Taj Tristar, Abhiruchi et al have a new place to go and thats about it.

Would I recommend this place to you folks? If I had several options I would stay away from this place. Shall update if the quality improves over a period of time.

Hey Suren---where is this place? Is it diagonally opposite Reshmi's--adjacent to the petrol bunk?

Yes Nabhi, it is exactly where you have mentioned it to be. Nowhere near the Petrol bunk though, but adjacent to Nanking's main entrance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 1399813)
Tried the Kwality's Grill and Curry over the past 2 afternoons. Would I recommend this place to you folks? If I had several options I would stay away from this place. Shall update if the quality improves over a period of time.

Chief, thanks for the update. But, some of us are so lunatics ( including me) that if its a new place and reasonable costing, we would certainly go and strike it off the list if not found suitable.

I wanted to go there a few weeks ago but settled for the tried and tested Reshmi's. Will go there soon and try their lebanese combo

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1400057)
Hey Suren---where is this place? Is it diagonally opposite Reshmi's--adjacent to the petrol bunk?

Diagonally opposite is correct but adjacent to petrol bunk?:eek:. Petrol bunk is a bit farther away after the new 3-star type hotel that opened in that lane last year.

Btw, RR is binging on mediterranean and Andhra food since past couple of days. RR, why dont you update us here what transpired between your tongue and the tummy?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1400951)

Btw, RR is binging on mediterranean and Andhra food since past couple of days. RR, why dont you update us here what transpired between your tongue and the tummy?

1:00 PM
Call from RR, "Where are you? I am at Punjagutta"
Me: "I am also at Punjagutta, inside the Vodafone store."
RR: "Wait, I know the place. I am coming. Let's go for lunch"

Next few minutes I watch with :Shockked: that RR takes a U-Turn right in front of the Vodafone Store and calls me saying that he is on the wrong road! LOL

After the initial issues on directions were sorted out, Ravendra joins us at Nagarjuna Circle. From there it's a dash to Rayalaseema Ruchulu.
Pulsar 150 beat the GTX and the Santro AT who were caught up in traffic!

Items Ordered:
Fish Fry (3 pieces)
Bheja Fry
Gongura Chicken Boneless
Phulkas (6)
Lassis (2)
Mineral Water (2)

Total damage - 750 INR including tips!

As for the food, it was awesome and really really spicy! We luckily had a table directly under the fan. Actually, fan works wonders instead of the AC when folks like me are sweating with a single bite of spicy food! LOL.

RR has sped to his home to attend to his growling tummylol: and Ravendra to take a nap and I am thinking what should I do to kill time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar56 (Post 1401025)
RR has sped to his home to attend to his growling tummy

Mid way i stopped to meet up with Arun at his workplace .He offered me one sutta which i coudnt refuse but that added up to the pressure.lol

now that the job is done ,i feel 5 kgs light.

that gongura chicken was deadly man!

Pandeyji ,this mediterranean joint at toli chowki is good man! i dont remember the names of what i ordered ( all i was doing is reading the description of the dish and telling him 'bhaiya yeh number wala dish laana"

we all should go there !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 1401075)
that gongura chicken was deadly man!

I love gongura mutton and i dont remember having it any better than the hotel we all had in Warangal. Mind going there to just have that?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 1401075)
Pandeyji ,this mediterranean joint at toli chowki is good man! i dont remember the names of what i ordered ( all i was doing is reading the description of the dish and telling him 'bhaiya yeh number wala dish laana"we all should go there !

Sure. It's now added to wishlist of our future lunch meets.:thumbs up

Arun ,pulsar and me happened to go to bhongir fort yesterday afternoon and on the way back ( around 4pm) we folks stopped at Sri Nidhi Resort for a late lunch.

Items ordered :

a) Andhra Chicken
b) Kadai Mutton
c) Rotis/Naan
d) Chilly Prawns
e) Chicken Biryani
f) Water/cold drinks

Total bill INR 703.

Decent place on NH 202 ,about 16 odd km from tarnaka.

We sat in these little ethnic type of huts for our grub.

You need to pay an entry fee( inr 70) to get in ( so it was 210 + 703)

Post lunch we happened to visit the area where there was this rain dance kind of thing happening (hoping to find some eye candy there) the whole floor was with guys in funny looking swim wear ( one fellow was wearing a nakli 'pink' colour speedo.hehehe totally sloshed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 1403121)
Items ordered :

a) Andhra Chicken
b) Kadai Mutton
c) Rotis/Naan
d) Chilly Prawns
e) Chicken Biryani

Sounds Yummy. Been a while since i tried out proper spicy andhra food:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 1403121)
Arun ,pulsar and me happened to go to bhongir fort yesterday afternoon and on the way back ( around 4pm) we folks stopped at Sri Nidhi Resort for a late lunch.

Items ordered :

a) Andhra Chicken
b) Kadai Mutton
c) Rotis/Naan
d) Chilly Prawns
e) Chicken Biryani
f) Water/cold drinks

Total bill INR 703.

Decent place on NH 202 ,about 16 odd km from tarnaka.

We sat in these little ethnic type of huts for our grub.

You need to pay an entry fee( inr 70) to get in ( so it was 210 + 703)

Post lunch we happened to visit the area where there was this rain dance kind of thing happening (hoping to find some eye candy there) the whole floor was with guys in funny looking swim wear ( one fellow was wearing a nakli \'pink\' colour speedo.hehehe totally sloshed out.

and to think that you guys missed out on the chance of having masala chai and onion/palak pakoras at my place stupid: