Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 15:47   #136
BHPian

Re: Going to the UK for pursuing Automobile engineering-tips, advice and gyan

Hi guys

Reviving the thread again, am in need of some guidance I planning to do automotive design engg in UK for PG and am looking at September 2011 intake. Am currently doing my mechanical engg from reputed engg college in Bangalore and in my last semester. The colleges I have shorlisted are:

1) Loughborough University
2) University of Leeds
3) University of Glasgow
4) University of Sussex
5) Coventry University

Now what i need is:

1)info regarding this course on the following colleges and what their standings are

2) How is the scene of automotive industry there as far as growth is concerned

3) Last but not at all the least, the whole PSW fiasco (detailed info would really help )

Thanks & Regards

Adhiraj

adhiraj
Old 25th March 2011, 17:42   #137
BHPian

Hi Adhiraj,

Please find some answers and opinion below -

1) Loughborough University - They are really big with the Automotive side and highly recommended.
2) University of Leeds -
3) University of Glasgow -
4) University of Sussex
5) Coventry University - I would avoid. I haven't heard many people say nice things about Cov Uni.

Look at University of Hertfordshire - Very big (and usually successful with their Formula Student Team) plus they have big backing from Ford (Wind tunnel, crash/stress simulators, etc). I don't know much about Leeds, Glasgow and Sussex.

Check out University courses, university courses reviews, college course reviews UK for ratings, photos and reviews on courses at Universities.

Now what i need is:

1)info regarding this course on the following colleges and what their standings are - University courses, university courses reviews, college course reviews UK

2) How is the scene of automotive industry there as far as growth is concerned - At the moment the growth is fantastic, i don't think i have ever seen so much activity. But it all depends on the field your interested in. I started off in design and whilst we were working on special projects it was great fun, but for the normal day to day stuff it was boring. I have now moved to Project Management. Our two biggest customers are Honda and Renault and most of their design work is done in Japan and France.

3) Last but not at all the least, the whole PSW fiasco (detailed info would really help ) - I cant really help you there, because i am not sure how the Tier and work permit system works anymore. But maybe you should talk to someone at the British Council Library. They are usually very helpful

I hope this helps and if you need any more info or thoughts on things, just let me know. Please remember that this is just what i think and opinions will vary. Just make sure you do your research. From a University point, i studied at Hertfordshire 6 yrs ago and i enjoyed every bit of my Automotive Engg course.

Kind Regards,

Samir.
Old 5th September 2011, 23:06   #138

Hi guys,
I'm in 12th standard, and have been dreaming to go to the UK for my undergraduate studies in Automobile Engg.
I've always wanted to go to Brunel or Coventry, but now I'm really confused with many more options.
I want to also know about when i have to start applying, the cost per year, and the document to be shown.
and also, if known, could someone tell me about the marks that I should have got to get admission.
Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks