Team-BHP - The "Provident Fund" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The "Provident Fund" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/46474-provident-fund-thread-71.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 5224128)

TL;DR - All PF accounts, whether contributory or idle, earn interest at prevalent rates up to prescribed retirement age (55 years of age for PF purposes), plus a further 3 years (so total up to 58 years of age).

Is this applicable to private sector also, where the retirement age is now 60? If a person is employed till he or she is 60, would the employer be able to contribute to the EPF account till the end?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayclicks (Post 5237594)
Is this applicable to private sector also, where the retirement age is now 60? If a person is employed till he or she is 60, would the employer be able to contribute to the EPF account till the end?

The retirement age is set at 55 years w.r.t. PF accounts held with EPFO for all subscribers, irrespective of category of employment (public or private).

Questions 20 and 40 of this EPFO FAQ are relevant.

One can continue contributions to the PF part beyond 58 years of age, but contributions to the pension scheme part stops at 58 and cannot be subscribed to beyond that age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 5224264)
The last date on the EPFO website still shows 31st December...

There's now a scrolling banner on the EPFO site saying 'there's no last date to file e-nomination'.

I've got everything filled out but the damned e-Sign refuses to work.:Frustrati

After joining a new organization, the PF transfer from first org to next is not supposed to be done immediately? Do we need to wait like 30-60 days and then initiate the transfer? If so then what is the reason?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 5237617)
I've got everything filled out but the damned e-Sign refuses to work.:Frustrati

Try e-Signing using Mozilla or Firefox. It will not work in Edge and Chrome.

What a pathetic state of affairs? I wasted almost 4 hours to nominate wife for my account. This crappy process still fails. With out the nomination, you can't view your passbook. Come on.. Why can't they have a deadline for themselves to make the site and the filing process work normally?

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 5238613)
What a pathetic state of affairs? I wasted almost 4 hours to nominate wife for my account. This crappy process still fails. With out the nomination, you can't view your passbook. Come on.. Why can't they have a deadline for themselves to make the site and the filing process work normally?

Was facing the same issue, however workaround mentioned in below video worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBisnV3ahLw

It took me a good hour to get through the e-nomination facility. It actully is a 2 min job, But the website is so slow and archaic that this 2 min job takes a long time, simply because each time some odd button will not load. Uploading the picture took the longest time, even though its less than a 100kb. Sad state of affairs in a country where the number one export is software.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 5238576)
Try e-Signing using Mozilla or Firefox. It will not work in Edge and Chrome.

Got a little further with Firefox, but still errored out on the OTP page. What an absolute nightmare!

After seeing so many posts about the PF portal, decided to log in and update some long pending details.

What a magnificent site! They have successfully managed to recreate the red tape and running around that you would have to do physically in a PF office (or any government office) online!

To update the exit date at my previous job, I need to figure out the date of last PF contribution from my previous employer. So I need to check my PF passbook entry. But I can't do that till I file an e-nominee with photograph. But I can't do that till I upload my own profile photograph. And the website keeps ending my session randomly (the online equivalent of "Office closed today, come tomorrow!")

Brilliant recreation I say, really feels like I'm physically back at the PF office in person running from one desk to another!

(The PF office I used to visit had a decent cafeteria. The amazing designers of this site should provide an option on the portal to order food too from your nearest PF office canteen to complete the experience. Of course the website should take forever to accept the order, take your money and then forget your order to remain true to the overall experience!)

Thinking of logging in late at night and giving it a shot, perhaps there will be less traffic on the site. But looking at the way the site flow is designed, they will probably shut the website(!) at night, to keep with PF office working hours!

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 5239419)
To update the exit date at my previous job, I need to figure out the date of last PF contribution from my previous employer. So I need to check my PF passbook entry. But I can't do that till I file an e-nominee with photograph. But I can't do that till I upload my own profile photograph. And the website keeps ending my session randomly (the online equivalent of "Office closed today, come tomorrow!")

Imagine the shamelessness in giving deadlines for updating the e-nomination with out even having a working website. Things had considerably improved few years back. Now most of the time the website is a joke.

Upon my retirement from service, I withdrew my PF and Pension accumulation by making an online request, on the EPFO website. While the PF balance was returned by the EPFO in entirety, a small amount was held back from the Pension accumulation. I guess that was for the annuity and would start automatically after some time. However, its been almost a year since the withdrawal and I have not received any annuity so far.

Is there a form to be filled and submitted for starting the annuity?
If no form is required, what recourse do I have?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the enomination to be verified?

I have successfully managed to log it in, but the date of submission is wrong. Rest of the details are correct though. I cannot access my passbook till the details are verified.

Well, would you have it. After somehow filing the e-nomination, what do I find?

Still can't see the damned passbook, stuck at 'e-nomination is compulsory to view passbook' message.:Frustrati:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 5240037)

Still can't see the damned passbook, stuck at 'e-nomination is compulsory to view passbook' message.

After submitting e-nomination, it took 2-3 days in my case to view pass book.

After 2 days I finally managed to submit my e-nomination on the PF site!

For some reason the site kept logging my session out on my office laptop (a Mac with the latest version of Firefox) but I was able to do it with fewer interruptions on my personal laptop (Windows with an older version of Firefox). Dunno if the OS and older version of the browser did make any difference, but for what it's worth, it finally worked.

Here's a rough guide:

1. You need to upload your photo on your profile first, before you can proceed with e-nomination.
2. Keep the Aadhaar number, a passport photo pic (jpeg, less than 100kb), bank account number and IFSC code of the nominee handy before adding nominee details.
3. Enter the nominee's name exactly as it is on the nominee's Aadhaar card, otherwise there will be a mismatch and the site will not verify.
4. Once you add and save your nominee details, you might need to refresh the page or log out and log in again to be able to specify the percentage details (the percentage of the PF that the nominee should get).
5. To save some time, go to the Aadhaar website beforehand and generate a Virtual ID number based on your Aadhaar number.
6. Once the nominee details are saved, click on e-sign.
7. The e-sign process jumps between a couple of screens. Don't worry if the screen goes blank a couple of times without any information displayed, it's doing something!
8. You need to enter the VID first, then a couple of screens later.

All in all, quite convoluted, confusing and riddled with site issues. But persist and it shall happen!