Team-BHP - The "Provident Fund" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The "Provident Fund" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/46474-provident-fund-thread-73.html)

I woke up and tried at 4 AM in the morning and it worked without issue. This was around 15 days back.

Has anyone successfully reset the password for their UAN from the EPFO site in the recent past?

Though the site is slow, I have managed to get up to the point where it asks for a captcha and the Aadhar number. Despite careful inputs, it does not go past that stage with the information that the details do not match.

I had changed my password earlier during Sept '21 but I seem to have forgotten the exact password (case / special characters). So, the details were ok on the site earlier.

A missed call to get the balance does respond with my masked Aadhar card number which is correct to the extent displayed.

Is there a site / email where one could seek assistance from the department to fix the issue that I am facing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raksrules (Post 5238399)
After joining a new organization, the PF transfer from first org to next is not supposed to be done immediately? Do we need to wait like 30-60 days and then initiate the transfer? If so then what is the reason?

Quoting my own post to ask the same query as I didn't receive reply before. Can someone assist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raksrules (Post 5258023)
Quoting my own post to ask the same query as I didn't receive reply before. Can someone assist?

Once the PF a/c is created in the new organization, you can initiate the PF transfer, there is no waiting period etc.

Quote:

The only rationale could be to wait for your final settlement to be paid and proportionate contribution to be adjusted in your PF account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 5258027)
Once the PF a/c is created in the new organization, you can initiate the PF transfer, there is no waiting period etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fx14 (Post 5258028)
The only rationale could be to wait for your final settlement to be paid and proportionate contribution to be adjusted in your PF account.

Thanks a lot. I have got my first salary. May be I will wait for Feb Salary and then initiate the transfer.
Is there any place where the exact steps of doing this are written? My last Org had PF with EPFO but new one has in their own trust. I am guessing the process may differ based on this criteria.

Quote:

Hi raksrules - Employer has a time of 15 days to remit the PF contribution to the EPFO from the date of wage payment. So the PF contribution of each month (assume you receive salary on the last day) will get credited in PF by next month 15th. Most employers use this period for their working capital.

In case of exit/job change, say if you have your exit date as 2 Feb, in many companies the final settlement will happen on the last day of the month only. So wage day will be taken as 28 Feb and the PF contribution of the two days in Feb (1st and 2nd Feb) will be credited on 15 March only. Employer also have to submit monthly returns on new addition/removal and tally the contributions each month with individual account numbers.

Hence the reason to wait for 60 days before initiation of transfer. However, there is no impact to the interest earned as interest is calculated on the monthly balance and not date of credit.

Hope this helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thanixravindran (Post 5258059)
Hi raksrules - Employer has a time of 15 days to remit the PF contribution to the EPFO from the date of wage payment. So the PF contribution of each month (assume you receive salary on the last day) will get credited in PF by next month 15th. Most employers use this period for their working capital.

Thanks. I went to EPFO website just to check if I can initiate the transfer but seems I have to wait a month or two. The EPFO portal says this...

Online claim request cannot be processed as :-

Present employer has not made payment in your PF account.

So as you said, it seems the money is not yet in the PF account as per EPFO so I will need to wait until it is and then initiate transfer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raksrules (Post 5258044)
Thanks a lot. I have got my first salary. May be I will wait for Feb Salary and then initiate the transfer.
Is there any place where the exact steps of doing this are written? My last Org had PF with EPFO but new one has in their own trust. I am guessing the process may differ based on this criteria.

You need to wait for 60 days before you can initiate a transfer. I am in similar boat & that,s what my current & future employer told me.

I'm facing a weird situation. I have filed e-nomination and the UAN site shows "nomination successful".

Yet, when I am trying to access passbook, it is refusing saying 'e-nomination' is required.

Anyone else faced the same issue? What am I be missing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhushan08 (Post 5258116)
I'm facing a weird situation. I have filed e-nomination and the UAN site shows "nomination successful".

Yet, when I am trying to access passbook, it is refusing saying 'e-nomination' is required.

Anyone else faced the same issue? What am I be missing?

Wait for a few days. Happened with everyone I guess. It takes a few days to get updated across portals I guess. First few days even I couldnt view it, but today when I checked, its visible.

On the EPFO nomination struggles, managed to enter nominee details & save them but each time i try to E-sign, sessions gets expired. After three tries gave up. Will try again in early morning hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .sushilkumar (Post 5259305)
On the EPFO nomination struggles, managed to enter nominee details & save them but each time i try to E-sign, sessions gets expired. After three tries gave up. Will try again in early morning hours.

If you are late night person like me, give it a try after 12 midnight. Finished it in 10 minutes flat

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 5258133)
Wait for a few days. Happened with everyone I guess. It takes a few days to get updated across portals I guess. First few days even I couldnt view it, but today when I checked, its visible.

Thanks SoumenD, it worked. I was able to check the passbook today!:thumbs up

When's a good time to initiate PF transfer after moving companies. I see a deposit made for Dec (both by old and company, since I joined mid-way), not yet for Jan though.