Team-BHP - The "Provident Fund" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The "Provident Fund" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/46474-provident-fund-thread-72.html)

After multiple days and multiple OS + Browser combinations trying to complete the esign step, here is what worked for me:

1. Started esign process on Win 10 + edge (Any other OS + browser combo was not working)

2. Completed 1st Aadhaar VID authentication without OTP on Edge

3. redirect to CDAC (e-hastakshar) website was not working on Edge browser.

4. Relogged into EPFO member portal on MAC + Chrome

5. "resumed" esign process on Chrome (Mac). esign process now directly took me to e-hastakshar step.

6. Completed 2nd Aadhaar VID authentication with OTP on Chrome (Mac).

Overall its very convoluted process and can be simplified.

As noted by few others here, i am stuck at the last 'e-sign' step and after entering the VID, i get the below Error. Tried on Chrome and Firefox and getting the same thing for past 3 days. Even though the E-nomination Help Doc says we can e-sign either via Aadhaar Number or VID, i am only seeing the VID Option. Not sure if this is an error at the EPFO Server or what. Any suggestions to make it work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi3284 (Post 5240683)
As noted by few others here, i am stuck at the last 'e-sign' step and after entering the VID, i get the below Error.

Keep logging in and trying. I had to do it at least 3 times before it worked. If possible, try on an older version of Firefox, seemed to work for me. Really lousy website.

Hello Everyone,

I completed my e-sign process today. Had created the e-nomination in december 2021 but could not e-sign because of VID generator error and then some more errors on every step. Summing up the errors and hacks to get over them. I am MAC / CHROME USER.

Error 1 - VID generator didn't work.
The "Provident Fund" Thread-whatsapp-image-20220116-6.35.53-pm.jpeg

Tried multiple times on multiple days.
Tried in my android mobile phone too
No luck. Gave up and tried after few days. Still no luck.

HOW TO FIX
FIRST LOGIN TO THE AADHAR PORTAL WITH YOUR AADHAR ID. THEN TRY THE VID GENERATOR. IT WORKED IN FIRST ATTEMPT.

Other errors while submitting
Once i got the VID i tried submitting by VID and from there on i got different different errors and it became like whenever i am free i try this for an hour and then move on. It was very funny to the point i started taking screenshots of the various types of errors that came up. I collected around 5 different error types for a CLICK-GETOTP-SUBMIT step :-) . I think i still got one or two more but coudn't find the screenshots. Will post if i get.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-error1.jpeg
The "Provident Fund" Thread-error2.jpeg
The "Provident Fund" Thread-error3.jpeg
The "Provident Fund" Thread-error4.jpeg
The "Provident Fund" Thread-error5.jpeg

Finally today i submitted.
Uff today it happened. Finally i e-signed. I realized the importance of e-nomination after going through the process online :-)

Regards
Dev

Finally 'Chrome' browser to the rescue and completed the process. Contrary to the recommendation here Firefox was the worst.
The trick is not to leave the browser idle for not even a second. Be ready with aadhar/VID in the copy/paste mode.

A very important step for the well being of your family but marred by apathy and digital bureaucratic attitude of PF office, I would say.

Our PF is managed by company PF trust. Do we need to do this nomination in PF portal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 5240721)
Our PF is managed by company PF trust. Do we need to do this nomination in PF portal?

Yes. It is required even if you work in an organization which has a PF trust.
My organisation has a PF trust as well. tried getting this nomination thing done, got fed up after a point.

Post the e-nomination struggle, I'm now able to view the passbook.
I now see that interest for 2020-21 is shown as N/A. Any one else facing this issue? The interest for 2019-20 is displayed correctly.
The "Provident Fund" Thread-interestcredit.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitewing (Post 5241049)
Pl
I now see that interest for 2020-21 is shown as N/A. Any one else facing this issue? The interest for 2019-20 is displayed correctly.

I also have not received it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi3284 (Post 5240683)
As noted by few others here, i am stuck at the last 'e-sign' step and after entering the VID

Finally Success...:Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 5240716)
The trick is not to leave the browser idle for not even a second. Be ready with aadhar/VID in the copy/paste mode.

Not sure if this did the Trick, but it worked in the 2nd attempt. Thanks for the tip.:thumbs up

Dear bhpians, I recently changed jobs and am trying to transfer my PF account online. I am stuck with what to enter in the field named 'PF Account No.(Trust) :' - Enter PF Account Number in Trust

I am attaching a snapshot for reference. Thanks in advance.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-capture.jpg

After going through the whole process of e nomination, I get an SMS today saying that its on hold due to esign. I have to fight through that whole system today, again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagr22 (Post 5241786)
I am stuck with what to enter in the field named 'PF Account No.(Trust) :' - Enter PF Account Number in Trust

PF account number will be mentioned in your payslip, do check - in addition to UAN, PF account will be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 5244909)
After going through the whole process of e nomination, I get an SMS today saying that its on hold due to esign. I have to fight through that whole system today, again.

Yeah, i got the SMS as well. (Funny thing is i got the SMS just the day after i checked my nomination is registered and downloaded the copy. I had completed it 2 months back.) When i click on esign now, it shows the system is down temporarily for 2 days now.
So i dont have any way of doing the "esign" right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexgv (Post 5245892)
Yeah, i got the SMS as well. (Funny thing is i got the SMS just the day after i checked my nomination is registered and downloaded the copy. I had completed it 2 months back.) When i click on esign now, it shows the system is down temporarily for 2 days now.
So i dont have any way of doing the "esign" right now.

Same here, am unable to do the esign now.