Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2009, 18:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Its a SCAM. But SCAM is hidden from public view.

Modus Operandi is like this:
  1. Website is pretty slick and looks and talks like a genuine business.
  2. Someone signs up looking for "Work from Home" Job.
  3. After Sign-Up, user is asked to Sign Up few more users through referrals. Each sign up adds Rs 5 to User's account.
  4. Unless User gets Rs 2000 from "Referrals", User would not receive ANY MONEY. And biggest fraud is:
  5. User is "promised" to receive Data Entry or Form Filling Job "Once" User signs up enough referrals to get 2000 Rs.
Desparate people even spend money on Monster / Naukari to advertize this site. That is in hopes of building referrals.

So, overall it a "Multi Level Marketing" scheme, but that is difficult to figure out due to slick website and promotional material.
Old 19th April 2009, 12:34   #32
Team-BHP Support

Netfreak.

Never judge a job by its website i guess

Though - i would never sign up for anything like this, im sure you have set it straight for others who might have been considering it.

Thanks,
R
Old 19th April 2009, 14:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

These scams have lots of victims. Mostly those who are not savy.

I got calls from umpteen relatives / friend's who want to know more about such "Work from Home" schemes.

They come to know about these through SMS or emails from those who are trying to build up referrals.
Old 20th April 2009, 10:35   #34
BHPian

BTW, my wife's first earnings have come from Mturk. It is a small amount, but worth the 15 minutes of effort daily. It will be enough to cover my broadband plan for 4 months
Old 20th April 2009, 11:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

How does this MTurk actually work?
What are HITS/QUALIFICATIONS etc? How does a newbie get started with Turk ?
Old 20th April 2009, 15:44   #36
BHPian

log on to mturk dot com. HITS are nothing but tasks which will be paid for. For example, if user wants you to post a comment on his blog for $0.10

You accept the HIT, post the comment and then submit the HIT. Once the user is convinced, you get $0.10 in your account. You can withdraw the amount in INR, after deduction of $4 as service charges.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:39   #37
BHPian

Any one tried this online jobs site (www.adsbazzar.com)

Got this in the mail sometime ago and have gone through the site. The are charging Rs. 750 for registration. Any one tried this?

This is what they say on the website -

The Real Money Making Internet Programs
If you have access to the internet from home, office or cyber cafe and if you are willing to make some part time income in your spare time, with World's biggest company Google then read below- This website is exclusively designed for All those people who are searching for some kind of internet jobs, all those who is doing this first time and wants the easier work as a fresher or all those who is already making money on internet and want advanced techniques to double and triple his income. A comprehensive training package to provide the internet jobs and solutions to the people from all walks of life. Now a days, you must have seen the advertisement in newspapers for so many other types of jobs on internet. These people are expert in different types of internet jobs and they will provide you the package and support for doing this work.

An Indian, who wants to do one or all internet jobs and can not afford to purchase all internet packages, we brought all those jobs in a single and one time price. Yes, we have biggest and exclusive tie up with all the internet expert of different field and we brought them at a single point. Now, we have become the only company in India to provide you all the jobs at a single place, in a single one time price. No renewal charges and all future jobs and all the future updates are absolutely free.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Most of these are scams or never give back as much as they promise. After 6 months you may end up with a grand earning of 500 bucks.
A lot of them can earn you some money only if you recruit 100s of others into their scheme.
Google does not allow these kind of sites and if the website claims to have partnered with them both you and this website will receive a shock soon!
Reading the content, it is typically hyped up grammatically incorrect and just like a million other sites on the internet which are all scams.
See their claims: Google adsense - market value Rs. 1200.
Are they crazy? Google adsense is free to sign up. You need your own domain and you can get a .info domain for Rs. 50!!
Wouldn't waste my time on that site unless you have about 100 others you are willing to recruit under you, want to submit your personal info to unknown people, get carpal tunnel syndrome and a few headaches!
Old 16th June 2009, 13:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Most of these are scams or never give back as much as they promise. After 6 months you may end up with a grand earning of 500 bucks.
A lot of them can earn you some money only if you recruit 100s of others into their scheme.
Google does not allow these kind of sites and if the website claims to have partnered with them both you and this website will receive a shock soon!
Reading the content, it is typically hyped up grammatically incorrect and just like a million other sites on the internet which are all scams.
See their claims: Google adsense - market value Rs. 1200.
Are they crazy? Google adsense is free to sign up. You need your own domain and you can get a .info domain for Rs. 50!!
Wouldn't waste my time on that site unless you have about 100 others you are willing to recruit under you, want to submit your personal info to unknown people, get carpal tunnel syndrome and a few headaches!
Well thanks. I was not convinced as well.
Old 16th July 2009, 11:58   #40
BHPian

Working from home jobs-Part time/ Full time

Folks,
Going back to work after a 13 year break is simply a dramatic change for any woman.
Wifey feels bored and we are examining.There are scores of options available on the net but most seem to be a eye was stuff.
Please do share your inputs on the options available.
Online tutions for Primary /middle school levels -is it an option besides the data entry stuff.

tnx
Old 16th July 2009, 16:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Online tutions for Primary /middle school levels -is it an option besides the data entry stuff.
I never knew something like that exists!!!
If your wife is ok with teaching, she can take it. It would be challenging than the boring data entry work in my opinion.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:30   #42
BHPian

She can easily become a financial advisor, opt for AMFI india certification, take up insurance and MF options from different Ins providers and MF co.
Old 17th July 2009, 10:14   #43
BANNED

Wants to tutor, see Tutorvista.com - Online Tutoring, Tutoring, Online Tutor, Math Tutoring, Tutoring Services
Old 17th July 2009, 11:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,

tnx
timing will be mostly during night as most students are from UK and US.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
BTW, my wife's first earnings have come from Mturk. It is a small amount, but worth the 15 minutes of effort daily. It will be enough to cover my broadband plan for 4 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
log on to mturk dot com. HITS are nothing but tasks which will be paid for. For example, if user wants you to post a comment on his blog for $0.10

You accept the HIT, post the comment and then submit the HIT. Once the user is convinced, you get $0.10 in your account. You can withdraw the amount in INR, after deduction of $4 as service charges.
I think mturk works only for people within the US of A.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks