Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 12:52   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
English cricket tour called off
They should have taken heart from the aussies who stayed on in England to continue there tour after the tube bombings.

If there is a Pak link then the Government needs to launch a direct strike on the Paki ISI

Last edited by bigman : 27th November 2008 at 12:53.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:55   #272
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I have a question for all those Raj Thackery fans. Where is he now? Why is he not barging into the places with a gun and protecting his fellow Mumbaikar's by shooting down the terrorists? Its people like these that put the country at ransom to gain cheap publicity and turn this peace loving country into complete apathy.

Unless we fight such internal terrorism (yes, I call it that) how can we fight terrorism that arises from across the borders?

My sincere condolences to all the families who have had to bear the brunt of this cowardly act. May those who have lost their lives rest in peace and wishing a speedy recovery to all those injured.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:56   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Situations like this (should) make us sit and wonder.
Are we Indians?
Or are we North Indians / South Indians / people from UP / Mumbaites put together in one place?
Or are we Hindus / Muslims / Christians ?

Think about what Raj Thackeray said and look at what's happening in Mumbai.
Did anyone see anybody asking whether he / she is from Mumbai / UP / Bihar / North India / South India before helping? NO.

They say these attacks are not just Mumbai's problem, but the NATION'S problem. If we go by Raj's logic, isn't this just Mumbai's problem?
Should the nation worry? NO.
But, did the nation worry? YES. I couldn't sleep last night..and i'm sure there were million others. I was watching news the whole night. I don't have anybody in Mumbai. Then why? Coz' I did NOT see them as Mumbai people.

Before they took an injured guy to a hospital, did they take down his relegion...so that they can decide which hospital to take? NO
Did the hospital ask for relegion? NO
Hindus, Muslims and Christians went to whichever hospital was available. Then why do we fight each other?

Why kill each other when external forces are trying to kill us? Isn't this the time to stick together as ONE? Lets forget our relegions / castes / surnames / bank-balances. Lets be ONE.

Prayers and condolences to all who lost their loved ones.

Sorry about the long post. I'm disturbed.
nice inspiring thought.Wish every other indian would think the same specially people like raj thackeray,modi etc
Old 27th November 2008, 12:58   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I have a question for all those Raj Thackery fans. Where is he now? Why is he not barging into the places with a gun and protecting his fellow Mumbaikar's by shooting down the terrorists? Its people like these that put the country at ransom to gain cheap publicity and turn this peace loving country into complete apathy.
He is all mouth and a stage monkey who plays for the crowd. I remember his uncle Bal Thackery in the 1980s always saying how he would goto Punjab and face Bhindranwale. Did he have the bottle to do this .... NO. Bhindranwale even ventured to Mumbai and Bal Thackry did not have the guts to confront him on his home turf. These politicans are all mouth and need a good . Look at how many politicians ave been interfering in the "saadhvi" terrorism case, they are going out there way to try and interfere in the investigation to get a few cheap votes.

Last edited by bigman : 27th November 2008 at 13:05.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:02   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
How many Bombay tbhpians at work today?

Am at home, my office at Churchgate is likely to be within the curfew area
I reached VT at 11.15 to reach office from PNVL. The trains were relatively empty.
VT station had a bandh day appearance. Roads empty , few taxis plying.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:05   #276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
He is all mouth and a stage monkey who plays for the crowd. I remember his uncle Bal Thackery in the 1980s always saying how he would goto Punjab and face Bhindranwale. Did he have the bottle to do this .... NO. Bhindranwale even ventured to Mumbai and Bal Thackry did not have the guts to confront him on his home turf. These politicans are all mouth and need a good
I say shoot such people in public first. Then watch their clan from across the borders wet their pants. Its because we tolerate such nonsense from Indians and support them that people take us granted as being a weak nation.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:05   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
They should have taken heart from the aussies who stayed on in England to continue there tour after the tube bombings.
The terrorists have put out the misery of the English in their disastrous tour.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:10   #278
BHPian

Amit Varma of India Uncut recollects last night in Mumbai:
A Night Out In Mumbai (Updated) - The India Uncut Blog - India Uncut

And Prem Panicker writes on the subject, titled "Respiro, ergo sum"
Smoke Signals

My deepest condolences to all those who lost lives, to all those who were injured, to all those who witnessed the nightmare.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:11   #279
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of bandhs, there is a bandh called on Dec 1st by the BJP and S Sena on the sadhvi issue.

My cousin sister was in Leopold all night yesterday. She got home this morning. And a few more gunshots at the Oberoi as I type this.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:13   #280
Senior - BHPian

total news clampdown, I hear. Unconfirmed report on the Borivli blast. Number of hostages in hotels believed to be large.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:13   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of the offices are closed, including ours at Mahalaxmi.
I am in the U.S. now and the news available on the TV isn't any better. Most of it is linked to the U.S. support to India and the Pakistan aspect about it. Say the blasts were targetting the foreigners in Mumbai and hence most of the places hit were where foreigners stayed.
Spoke to my parents and friends who are in mumbai. Everyone's safe. Offices and all in south mumbai are shut. Parents at home in Cuffe Parade.
Had a friend who was at Inox last night and was had to hide in an office 2-3 buildings away. He is at home luckily.
Also had a few relatives who were at Taj and got away with the help of the fire brigade.

From what I heard, I would like to commend Taj and the Fire Brigade for all their help. Most of the people in Taj didn't even know what was happening there until they heard the blasts and saw the smoke. Most of them were rescued by the fire brigade.
Heard that the terrorists came from Karanchi by boat and landed near Badhwar Park, cuffe parade area.
I think given the equipment the police has with them, they are doing a fantastic job.

Also heard that at Taj, 15 terrorists taken to rooftop and shot. Again, mostly foreigners.

Most of my friends and some reporters think that this is just a show put on by the so far unknown deccan mohaejiden group to show their power.
Some say that the LeT warned that India was going to be their next target some 3 days back but some of us here doubt they had anything to do with this.

Edit: over a 100 dead!

Hope the politician guys (you guys know whom I'm talking about. There's only one group stupid enough to pull such stunts) don't react once things cool down and start some stupid riot. We need to be together.

Edit 2:
Was seeing Times of India online. Here's the latest : ""There are seven of us inside hotel Oberoi," the man identified as Sahadullah (one of the terrorists) told the channel. "We want all Mujahideens held in India released and only after that we will release the people."

"Release all the Mujahideens, and Muslims living in India should not be troubled... Fire and smoke was seen billowing from the hotel as firemen struggled hard to rescue over 100 people still trapped inside.... Maharashtra deputy chief minister R R Patil said nine suspected terrorists have been arrested. Schools and colleges were ordered to be closed."

Last edited by lamborghini : 27th November 2008 at 13:25.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:14   #282
Senior - BHPian

2 MP's are trapped in Taj, make sure they are killed!
Its ridiculous first the streets were not safe, now hotels... what next our homes?

Do we still need a wake up call?

Last edited by extreme_torque : 27th November 2008 at 13:16.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:17   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
You ought to know that not all politicians are bad, dishonest and criminals. And killing them without knowing if they are goons in disguise is stupid. I think we need to think right and not let our frustration speak instead of common sense.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:21   #284
BANNED

Quote:
If I get the news right, one of them represents the Communist Party of India.

(sarcastic aside - If you have not noticed - please re-read that sentence again).
Old 27th November 2008, 13:22   #285
Senior - BHPian

My condolences to families of innocents and brave cops who lost their lives in line of duty....

I think we can have a separate thread to discuss the regionalism and similar issues...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks