Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2006, 10:52   #61
BHPian

Routine wash is done by myself or driver every three days or so. Being both silver metallic, the dust does not show much. Washing is done with a bucket, scoop out fresh water with a mug and pour onto body whilst wiping with clean cloth. This ensures that the same cloth does not get reinserted into the bucket as fresh water is taken every time. Then wipe dry with same cloth. Separate cloth is used for tyres and wheels as this may pick up grit which would scratch the paint.

Once a month or so, Sunday ritual wash is done: This includes the above wash, followed by Armor-all coating of all plastics, lenses and tyre sidewalls. Polishing is then done with a non-abrasive Turtle wax sent from America. All this is done in my covered garage with soft rock playing from the stereo. At the end the car looks like it came out of the show-room.
Then I shower, and crack open a cold beer to sit back and drool over my clean beauty! It's a real relaxation for me - all the work tensions drain away by the end of the morning!

Last edited by filcord : 12th January 2006 at 10:55.
Old 14th January 2006, 23:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Which polish is that? Do know the brand name?
Even Formula-1 Liquid Silicon car wash is available. Its more an eye wash than a car wash. Supposed to remove grime and bitumin deposit. On the whole - a disappointing Product. I wonder if I got some Fake one. What do others feel, if they have used this product.

Always insist on liquid soap wash which do not contain Caustic Soda. More than cleaning ,they bleach the surface to give a fresh claen look. In other words, removes a fine layer of your paint, hence not recommended. If one does not have any soap the best thing one could use is a small sachet of any hair Shampoo. Gives out stunning results.

Soccer
Old 15th January 2006, 09:46   #63
BHPian

hey soccer..whr in banglore do you get Formula 1 polish...
Old 15th January 2006, 11:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

My bike gets a damp clean every day and i wash give a wash every weekend with the shampoo. I get it pressure washed once a month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks