Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 10:52   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It sucks being an enthusiast who cares about your car & bike coz....

I love my car too. Absolutely. Though due to lack of time I have to concede that like most people I have given up cleaning my car daily and the local car washer guy takes care of it. As a kid I rem the amount of detailing I used to do on my cycle .

But I am sure we are still light years behind the day when security guards/ cleaners etc know where exactly to touch a car or appreciate your emotions attached to the car.

Kids I have never understood them. In my apartments they have developed this new habit of engraving the car registration number on the body. Imagine the shock I got when my black lancer had its number engraved on both sides of the body. If i would have caught hold of that kid I would have probably fed him to my dog.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 16:31   #227
BHPian

When your wife coyly asks you on you first birthday after your marriage: "BABY, WHAT GIFT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?" and you promply answer "A SET OF MICHELIN SIRAC TYRES FOR THE RE 500." (This is was my reply to my wife and you can imagine her reaction)
Old 8th June 2011, 02:40   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
When your wife coyly asks you on you first birthday after your marriage: "BABY, WHAT GIFT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?" and you promply answer "A SET OF MICHELIN SIRAC TYRES FOR THE RE 500." (This is was my reply to my wife and you can imagine her reaction)

Question is did you get the tyres? If you did I envy you, if you didn't god bless you!

@ sohail99 - Well said buddy, we spend a lot of money on our rides, sometimes twice your annual income. We love them. Another thing I observed is the pleasure you get when you clean and wipe your car yourself. It makes you feel good.

Last edited by torquecurve : 8th June 2011 at 02:49.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:41   #229
BHPian

@torquecurve: I catually did get the tyres infact my wife came with me all the way to JC road to see what was so special about a bike tyre that costs 2700 bucks
Old 8th June 2011, 18:56   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
I had a similar situation. Told my GF that i needed a new set of wheels as a gift. It was followed by a loud 'WHAT' and 'YOU ARE CRAZY'. I mean no one would understand the love we have for our rides but just us.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:59   #231

My Girlfriend Gifts me Scale models for my birthday. And she loves cars too (Doesnt really have a choice) so its good..

That said, she drives exceptionally well. She is even learning some more "extreme driving" recently.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:02   #232
BHPian

When anyone leans on your car in the society compound or in the road where you have parked, I get down and tell them. Similarly, people comb their hair by adjusting the RVM in the two wheeler as though there is no place on earth for combing their hair. Sitting on a parked two wheeler is another sore point for me and I really scold people if I see them doing this.

But this is a crazy world! nothing can be done excepting fret over it.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:58   #233
BHPian

An interesting article I came across which says men take better care of their cars than their health. Bhpians are not alone!
Link-
Men take better care of their cars than health - Indian Express
Old 19th June 2011, 14:37   #234
BHPian

Thank God there are not too many women posting on this community !!!

Because it is true - our minds are 'driven' by cars & bikes.

Wether its got something to do with speed, or curves or what ... Guess no1 will ever know.

But who cares as long as we enjoy what we do !
Old 21st September 2011, 15:33   #235
BHPian

I know I'm a bit late on this thread - the last comment was in June, but I couldnt help putting in my bit since it is a really interesting thread. I have actually compiled many of the comments in a document . I guess many people who think a car (or a bike) is just a means from getting from Place A to B will never understand the love and care that one showers on one's car. I remember how an auto banged my right fender of my 2-day old i10 Auto (run 100 and odd KM which was driven by my wife (who drives well abroad, but is totally out of sync with the nuances of driving in India). Here I went crazy and asked her "How could you do this?????" (mind you the car didnt even have a number plate). She just turned around and said "What are you bothered - its just a car and can be fixed!!! Of course I wouldnt fix it till some huge damage was done" . Of course until it was fixed (and I put my foot down saying that it WOULD be fixed), I could not sleep properly thinking how the body shop at Trident Hyundai could screw up the paintwork (in fact they did and i had to ask them to repaint the fender a second time). But to be true - I can say that I have felt exactly the same as all the guys commenting and the best part is that I am proud to say that .
Old 28th September 2011, 19:05   #236
Senior - BHPian

coz when you buy a Alto k-10 and then try to explain the power to weight ratio of the car and only see people frowning. it sucks to be a car enthusiast.

cheers,
ac
Old 28th September 2011, 19:21   #237
BHPian

Cause people think I am crazy to spend 5hrs on a Sunday washing the car, while my wife is trying to FEED me lunch!! That makes both of us crazy!!
Old 28th September 2011, 19:35   #238
BHPian

Mine is perhaps the most odd of all. My wife complains I wait for too long in the car after having parked it, especially if I was by myself. All I do is make sure that I've put away my GPS, fit the cigarette lighter back into its socket, and checked to see if I need to call for the car to be cleaned from within (or at least vacuumed if I see bits of potato chips, the transparent plastic bits from tetrapack straw covers, or mud).
Old 28th September 2011, 20:58   #239
Senior - BHPian

Mine is weird to be honest!
*I always want to improve my bike, but my friend will just not understand!
*I crib when its dirty, again people don't understand!
*Hate keeping it on side stand too long.
*Can talk about the new car beside me for hours but forget to say hello. :P
*Look for parking with the least amount of heat reception.
*Hear sounds which no one else can hear.
*Curse people who caused any kind of damage to the bike!

That being said, imagine how irate I must've been when an auto driver nudged my bike a day after I bought it! The damage was miniscule, small scratches on the exhaust and few scratches on the Exhaust Cover. But yet, it seemed unforgivable to me!I was screeching my lungs out in front of Lifestyle with language inappropriate for Team-BHP and busted my voice in the process. But honestly, some people just don't get it and we can never explain the same to them too.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 21:02   #240
BHPian

Hi Guys ,
Sorry I am late to add my inputs in this thread, there is no doubt that we care a lot about our cars but we have also somehow started to care about how other people drive and we ensure that they drive correctly.
I remember that anytime when someone not driving in lane and coming from my opposite traffic how i stop my car in front of them and make sure that they go back their lane, even if its a bus. I guess there will be a day when people would learn and understand the concept of Lane Driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks