Team-BHP - Sunglasses you own and wear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Sunglasses you own and wear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/53834-sunglasses-you-own-wear-thread-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinsid (Post 1672135)
@Gansan @Rocky Balboa @bottle thanks for your inputs. Will check L & M soon. Also will send a mail to Ray Ban on this.

Please do keep me posted. I am also interested in what they say. At 49, fortunately I have to wear only reading glasses, so am able to enjoy my sun glasses. But it may only be a matter of time before I have to wear prescription glasses!

I own a Ray-Ban sun-glass which was gifted, dont have Vitamin M to buy one though

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1672002)
That is why I suggested Lawrence & Mayo. They said it will have to be ordered from Bausch & Lomb directly.

When I enquired with L&M in Bangalore last year, their responses were not entirely convincing. If they do get it from B&L, i will order one too.

Ashwin, do keep us posted.

Ray ban aviator series, I own one with the golden frame .
Non polarized glasses / Light blue in colour
Some how I feel that the aviator series has stood its time and still it looks trendy

Too long a thread to search for my query. Anyone can please answer:

I need night driving glasses but they should also be able to get numbered.

I have an open jeep and night glasses are a must while driving with the windshield folded (during the day i just use my normal numbered sunglasses). I prefer aviator designs but am not sure if i get night options with possibility to get them numbered.
Anyone knows if this is possible.

Got myself a pair of Lacoste sunglasses from Hong Kong recently. They were not expensive. (relatively speaking)

The cool thing is that you wear them and they're all black.

Them them off and the inside body is bright green. The lens is excellent and offers great sun protection. I'm not usually a designer label boy but these are simply super. I recommend them if the style suits you.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-31utlyotyml._ss400_.jpg

Name:  417twi4IL._SS400_.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  14.6 KB

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-41nsgbdpwxl._ss400_.jpg

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-41w5wcsxmhl._ss400_.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1689897)
Got myself a pair of Lacoste sunglasses from Hong Kong recently. They were not expensive. (relatively speaking)

The cool thing is that you wear them and they're all black.

Them them off and the inside body is bright green. The lens is excellent and offers great sun protection. I'm not usually a designer label boy but these are simply super. I recommend them if the style suits you.

Nice shades.

The lens quality of many a brand leave a lot to be desired for. Lacoste would be one of them. How good are the lenses, anyways?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1689845)
Too long a thread to search for my query. Anyone can please answer:

I need night driving glasses but they should also be able to get numbered.

I have an open jeep and night glasses are a must while driving with the windshield folded (during the day i just use my normal numbered sunglasses). I prefer aviator designs but am not sure if i get night options with possibility to get them numbered.
Anyone knows if this is possible.

Sorry, I don't understand the highlighted part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1689973)
Nice shades.

The lens quality of many a brand leave a lot to be desired for. Lacoste would be one of them. How good are the lenses, anyways?

I'll repeat myself saying that the lens quality is truly excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1690176)
I'll repeat myself saying that the lens quality is truly excellent.

Point taken.:)

Let me mention that most of the branded sunglasses do not have distortion free lenses. It looks good, feels good and you see good too.

How often how you noticed that white objects, a white car for example looks a bit tinted when you look through some lenses. Also if the base curve is more than 8, mostly in wrap around sunglasses the floor will look raised. There a few models in HUGO BOSS, Giorgio and Emporio ARMANI, RAYBAN and others which have these issues. Yes, all these are reputed brands.

If you are really serious about clarity in vision and have a prescription, you can try Skypol from Carl Zeiss, Drivewear from Essilor and also prescription lenses from Maui Jim which give you a lot of shade cards to choose from.

Of course these lenses might cost more than the frames itself, Yet.:)

Ray Ban Aviator and Benetton is what I use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1690277)
If you are really serious about clarity in vision and have a prescription, you can try Skypol from Carl Zeiss, Drivewear from Essilor and also prescription lenses from Maui Jim which give you a lot of shade cards to choose from.

Of course these lenses might cost more than the frames itself, Yet.:)

For perfect optical clarity at a reasonable price, look no further than Randolph Engineering. Their Aviators are a part of the standard issue kit to all new recruits in the US & Royal New Zealand Air Forces and they don't cost a lot (mine cost $100). For something that's a bit cheaper that that, check out American Opticals (AO) that supposedly uses the same RE lenses.
Of course, if money is not a major concern, nothing in the world beats a classic pair of Maui Jims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1690018)
Sorry, I don't understand the highlighted part.

Means i need prescription sunglasses. Basically glasses that have a higher curvature can't be made into prescription glasses. I wear specs, thus my sunglasses need to be numbered as well.

@ Tejas,
You can get that done at several places. If you are looking at good quality - try Zeiss showrooms. I had checked with them (the store at S V Road, Malad) and they had options which you are looking for.
However, do remember that you may not be able to get very high degree of curvature on these sunglasses and you will have to select the sunglass model accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1691143)
Means i need prescription sunglasses. Basically glasses that have a higher curvature can't be made into prescription glasses. I wear specs, thus my sunglasses need to be numbered as well.

Ah, prescription glasses! I was informed at Lawrence & Mayo, Bangalore a few years back that one can order such glasses from Baush & Lomb (Ray-Ban). Please refer replies posted for Ashwinsid's query a couple of pages back.