Team-BHP - Sunglasses you own and wear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Sunglasses you own and wear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/53834-sunglasses-you-own-wear-thread.html)

Hi,

Planning to buy a Polaroid sun glasses for driving.
Based in Bangalore, would like to buy at Bangalore.
Appreciate recommendations on shop/brand/etc.,
from the fellow BHPians.

FYI, I don’t know anything about sun glasses.

regards,
-manju

You can check it at shopper's stop at Garuda Mall. They have an exclusive counter for Polaroid with warranty. Me and wife have one each. Expect a decent one above Rs.2500/-.

Even i am looking to buy a pair.

I am looking for the Serengeti Flex Line , if available in Bangalore please let me know.

HI All,
Had tried searching for sunglasses but have not found any dedicated thread to them.
I am sure almost everyone who drives a car here will be wearing sunglasses(exceptions might be people wearing spectacles). I have seen many people quiet passionate and fond of sunglasses(am one of those).

Share the ones you own and wear by posting the pics, price, where you bought from etc, so others can also take a cue.

Here is mine-
Police sunglasses-
Model - S8105 531V
Material : Acetate
Colour code : 531V
Frame colour : Black
Lense colour : Black
UV filter cathegory : 3
Comes with : Police case
Adult standard size (in milimiters)
- Lenses diameter : 99
- Harm lengh : 120
- Bridge distance : -
- Frame total width : 144
- Height of the glass : 54

Price- Rs. 8000.00

I have seen these in Shiva vision care in Marathalli. I bought mine from Chandigarh for 2699.

2 pairs i have -

oakleys with black plastic frame and plutonite lenses also in black. cost 7k when bought a few years ago.

the other pair is also oakley. titanium frame with some hi-fi lenses. cost around AUD$450 .

I have 4 pairs
never had to buy on my own.
2 pairs of fast track eye gear(very handy while using inside a helmet on 2 wheels).
1 pair of Vintage( dont know if its a reknown brand or not,was a gift).
1 pair of Ray Ban Aviators.

My favorite: Ray Ban Aviators, gifted to me.
Couple of others, bought from shoppers' stop, don't remember the brand name.

My Favourite - A Vintage pair by Porsche Design. This one is a practical folding model by Porsche and half rimless.

You get decent fast track ones in 1500 - other brands may be lesser.

Pseud brands 2500-3000+ as said by shaju

You will find category written on most sunglasses.
The value ranges from 1 to 5.
1 is the lightest and 5 the darkest.
3 is the most popular setting. But if you want to wear them for night driving (esp Polarized) then get Cat 2.

I have 5 pairs of sunglasses:
-Ray-Ban sidestreets
-Ray-Ban Aviators
-Armani Giorgio
-Prada
-UCB.

Planning to buy new ones this summer.

I have three of them currently : Carrera George, Polariod 8811 and the ubiquitous Rayban Aviator.

Even since I discovered polarized lenses; i just cant drive without my Polaroid, they are very effective in reducing glare and great for night driving too!

Nothing beats Evergreen Rayban Aviator...

Got three pairs, Rayban Aviator which i hardly use now, Oakley FMJ (old one, rarely used), and now a Fasttrack, often used.

From the posts above i assume that everyone has got a RB Aviator in their sunglasses arsenal ;)