Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:07   #1
BANNED

The Moderators

Hey Bhpians,

I understand the commitement the moderators are having to maintain law and order and i also understand that there are way too much space wasted by continuing threads for long BUT seeing that old threads can be deleted. For eg. There are 52 pages in the Indian Car Scene and approx 16 threads per page. Also i would recommend the introduce yourself thread to be deleted in a matter of week. But i think that they have become way too strict. I mean they keep locking threads at the blink of an eye. Since Lambo is asking an opinion its said you are well informed about the India car Market.. ohh Almost All bhpains are well aware about the Indian Car market so shouldnot they take opinions?? Plus moderators are putting limit on the threads. Ohh please. Its a matter of time. Somedays few people post and some post only on Sundays. That means that if the thread gets locked in 24hrs many people wont get the chance to express their opinion. I understand the moderators comitment and have nothing personal against them but just expressing in my opinion that they should lower their strictness. They are becoming like the Strict Censor Board by banning many members. No member is here to purposely intent any harm. Its just that when us memebers get tired we sit on the computer and go through our favorite site team-bhp and so we just might not have all the energy to be cautious in doing everything as per their desires. Maybe this thread of mine may also be deleted or locked or even i can get banned. But i just want to express what i feel right in my way. Any of you of any opinions please put them further and lets make team bhp really live cars and love them..
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

To start off with... It is not that everyone is aware of the Indian car market or not, but to start a thread every other day on opinions on what car should be bought, wat tyres should be bought it no acceptable. To be frank, there are members who just want to increase that number below their avtaars and we moderators will not at all tolerate that. If you have something qualitative to post, please do but if not...its better to be blank rather than reply. There are 100s of threads we move everyday because of members posting them in wrong forums. Now the forums are distributed in such a simple way that there is no point in going wrong with them.
Secondly, there are people posting pictures without ImageCredits and Original Links. Do they understand, this can land us into trouble??? When a link is not given, it displays that the data has been Stolen from somewhere. There are whole lot of other things. If this was harsh...well thats the way it has to be!
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

i strongly disagree with you montoya...

what the site is today is solely because of the efforts of the moderators and the admin.

Lately the content on teambhp is degrading in my opinion...threads are being blindly started by newer members without even searching for information which might have been discussed before. The search option is there for a reason...i suggest we all use it.

Members are being banned for reasons...and this doesnt happen without ample warning...those who are still not following the rules are banned. Theres only so much the moderators and the admin can do....they have their own lives....they cannot always devote their time to teambhp...so the least us members can do is make their jobs a bit easier by following the rules.

Why would you get banned....you arent breaking any rules are you.

Drifter

Thread edited by the Admin : Do refrain from conducting personal discussions on fellow BHPians.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTOYA
Hey Bhpians,

I understand the They are becoming like the Strict Censor Board by banning many members. No member is here to purposely intent any harm.
How do you know how many members were banned when you have just joined TeamBHP 20-30 days ago. Please dont comment if you dont know anything about it.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:24   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since Lambo is asking an opinion its said you are well informed about the India car Market.. ohh Almost All bhpains are well aware about the Indian Car market so shouldnot they take opinions?? Plus moderators are putting limit on the threads. Ohh please. Its a matter of time.
We see the trend and then decide.
Quote:
I understand the moderators comitment and have nothing personal against them but just expressing in my opinion that they should lower their strictness. They are becoming like the Strict Censor Board by banning many members. No member is here to purposely intent any harm.
Yes we do this because we do see wrong posts very often. This happens despite telling every member to read the announcement section.
Quote:
Its just that when us memebers get tired we sit on the computer and go through our favorite site team-bhp and so we just might not have all the energy to be cautious in doing everything as per their desires.
We do the same thing amidst our work.
Quote:
Maybe this thread of mine may also be deleted or locked or even i can get banned. But i just want to express what i feel right in my way. Any of you of any opinions please put them further and lets make team bhp really live cars and love them..
This thread won't be deleted but merged with other thread. Agree with your thought. That's the whole idea anyway.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd May 2005 at 22:28.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ummm Monto... dude, u got it somwot wrong pal. The strictness of the moderators is wot makes this place so sane.

I am so grateful about rules like emoticons limit, restrictions on posting in what car sections...html restrictions... and many other rules.

And remember, the moderators are not getting paid for what they do. They do it out of passion for the cause, the dedication to this site.... and to spread awareness. Its kinda understandable if they get carried away once in a while, though that seldom happens. But they are putting so much effort into maintaining this forum that ...that.. there are just no words to thank them for this..

So just chillax bandhu...

amitoj
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:39   #7
BANNED

Hey drifter, Stratos and Rudra Sir,

I am sorry extremely .. its just that i felt like expressing my opinions which i thought i should not keep them with myself..

Stratos i have seen three members been banned.. one being vance and the other being club honda and one more being FreakR or something. i read all their posts and did not find anything offensive and as far as banning a memeber is concerned it wont be of much use as that person maybe able to log on from a different name as well.. like club honda has done..

Well Rudra sir i was not aware about that you have eyes on all the threads and since that you know the trends. But then i agree its not an easy job

Hey Amitoj i guess so i have got things wrong and i am sorry for that to the mods if i hurt them in any way please forgive me..

Hatts off to you moderators for making team-bhp a superb site You people deserve

p.s thanx ice

Last edited by Montoya : 3rd May 2005 at 22:44.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

man you might not get banned for the thread but this post with 5 smilies might land you in trouble....
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stratos i have seen three members been banned.. one being vance and the other being club honda and one more being FreakR or something. i read all their posts and did not find anything offensive and as far as banning a memeber is concerned it wont be of much use as that person maybe able to log on from a different name as well.. like club honda has done..
If their posts were not offensive and senseless they wouldnt have got banned. We dont ban members for timepass
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

yes if i am not mistaken stratos all the mods get together and decide before banning anyone right????
so as not to be biased?
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as far as banning a memeber is concerned it wont be of much use as that person maybe able to log on from a different name as well.. like club honda has done..
am sure he must've learnt from that incident...

and welcome to the club of moderator admirers...
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

seriously man...amitoj..this site has given a lot to a lot of people...i really admire and respect what the mods are doing....
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

i love this site...like a second home to me...learnt tons of stuff...and it's only here that i don't feel out of place telling someone i kiss my cars goodnight (i do!)...

but...of late it DOES look like some mods are getting a little brusque in their tone...i don't want to point any fingers though...but it's not very nice to look at a post and read it going...wow wow wow wow Warning level increased (ouch!)...

stratos...i respect what you guys do...it takes commitment and effort...as amitoj said
"they are putting so much effort into maintaining this forum that ...that.. there are just no words to thank them for this.."

but bro, don't you think your new signature is a little extreme...no offence...

maybe we can have the reasons for banning people put up on a wall of shame or something...and the warning level increase messages sent directly as pms?

thanks mods...for starting this place...and keeping it going...without all the chaos and mayhem that might have been...

cheers

viper

ps. hot action on this thread. i finish typing my message and there are 3 new messages. i need NOS on keyboard!!!

also...thanks for banning certain people who thought their i-dsi cars were worthy challengers to nitro-methane dragsters

Last edited by v1p3r : 3rd May 2005 at 22:58. Reason: +ed ps.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:55   #14
BANNED

Also instead of banning members permanently they can be banned for a week or so as punishment rather then for alwayz? No posting aloud for a week or something like that will just be done up nicely..

p.s V1p3r to keep up with the speed i have already ported and polished my keyboard ofcourse with a freeflowing mouse..

and i wonder why some people can even dream of comparing their Idsi engine to a Aluminium Baleno engine leave alone a Vtec..

A NHC is no comepetition to a Baleno leave alone a OHC.. in any form even the 1.3 for that matter..

Last edited by Montoya : 3rd May 2005 at 23:02.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r

but bro, don't you think your new signature is a little extreme...no offence...
Its not meant for anyone.. dont worry!! And it applies to me also. Even I am a Senior TBhpian

Quote:
maybe we can have the reasons for banning people put up on a wall of shame or something...and the warning level increase messages sent directly as pms?
The reason to increase the warning level is always provided in the warning mentioned in a particular post.

Last edited by Stratos : 3rd May 2005 at 22:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks