Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2005, 04:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
when we go to the gym what excerises should we do to cut fat?
drink lemon tea ,really good for cutting fat....make sure u rehydrate yourseld after ur work out...
swimming is the best,running and skipping also works...also reduce junk food and aerated water..
Old 14th May 2005, 04:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
hey guys thanks for the help by the way i m 16 and have 32 inch waist and have no muscles at all so guys how much time a day is gymming advicable for me
dude your 16..you dont need the gymming ..take a up a sport (basketball,vollyball, soccer etc) ,go for runs ,swims...

and please avoid any streching exercises to reduce waisteline...

take care
Old 14th May 2005, 09:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Dont lift weights.Swimming,Jogging or Running is the best remedy.I do make it a point to walk or run for atleast 6kms a day.It really charges me up,ofcourse with the help of red bull.
Lift weights and do intense cardio, no problem in doing that. Muscles BURN fat. So don't neglect weight training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
dude your 16..you dont need the gymming ..take a up a sport (basketball,vollyball, soccer etc) ,go for runs ,swims...

and please avoid any streching exercises to reduce waisteline...

take care
You're 16, perfect time to start weight training. Have a good diet and intense training schedule. By the time you become 20-21, you should be looking MUCH MUCH better. Although there is this thing about height. If you're still short enough, there are some exercises that need to be avoided to be on the safe side. But 50% chances are that your height should grow and weight training will not be a problem to your height.
Old 14th May 2005, 10:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Although there is this thing about height. If you're still short enough, there are some exercises that need to be avoided to be on the safe side. But 50% chances are that your height should grow and weight training will not be a problem to your height.
dude weight training affects growth spurt..it hppened to me...i startedworkng out when i was 16 ...i was beefed up in school but i am reduced to 5'9 when my dad is a 6 footer..

anyways if kooldude if you still want to train with the weights ...try not to do above shoulder exercises , dont push too hard with weights, work more on ur abs , both your ceps..chin ups ..tricep pressdowns stuff like that ....
Old 14th May 2005, 10:23   #20
BHPian

thanks dude i m currently 5 10 and want to grow till 6 feet and i do not lift intesnse weights just do gym an hour a day and each day i do training for different body parts such as one day arms other day chest.
Old 14th May 2005, 13:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

hi
my two cents here

1) why people intially didnt recomend afternoons is because the temp isnt as constant every day when compared to the mornings or evenings.

that is why most of the trainers recommend mornings or evnings(as room temp is constant or same most of the days)

since your gym is an airconditioned one, no matter what time you work out the room temp is constant 365 days a year.so i guess you can go ahead and work out in the afternoons

the reason behing the consant temp thing is that the muscles require an constant temp for ideal growth

2)for weight loss an combo of weights and cardio help in loosing weight the fastest.

3)few suppliments like protien shakes actually do good to any normal person too.
the human body requires 1 gram of protien for 1 kilo of body weight.while an active person requires atleast 2 grams per kilo of body weight.
how can a person obtain so much amount of protien via the std vegetarian indian diet?

an multivitamin tablet is also an suppliment..

it's an different issue that few suppliments like fat burners,thyroid regulators,rtd's are harmful to health if taken improperly

i am not promoting them here nor am i talking against them as i have seen the results u get if they are used properly

4)body building doesnt affect height growth..

the ideal age for body building is 15 years of age.

only a few excersices like squats and lifts with extermemly heavy weights might stun height growth as it hardens/sets in the lower area or the back bone which in some cases affects the height growth as the growth of the spinal cord is limited after it sets in.

Last edited by aadix : 14th May 2005 at 13:10.
Old 14th May 2005, 13:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

aadix mentioned right, and I'd like to include a few more things:

Quote:
how can a person obtain so much amount of protien via the std vegetarian indian diet?
It is very difficult for a VEG person to get his protein requirements because you have no access to chicken, fish, egg whites. However you can have skimmed milk, cottage cheese and soya, which are very good sources of protein. BUT you will still find it difficult to get your protein requirements. For this, you could take Whey Protein, which is very good.

Quote:
body building doesnt affect height growth
See this link,
http://www.bodybuilders.com/amateur.htm
Most of these guys start bodybuilding at the age of 15-16 and they are as tall as 5'10" to 6'2". Although you'd find some that are at 5'4" to 5'10". But these may not be because of bodybuilding, they can be because of hereditary OR their own body was designed to grow to that height only.
Old 14th May 2005, 14:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude weight training affects growth spurt..it hppened to me...i startedworkng out when i was 16 ...i was beefed up in school but i am reduced to 5'9 when my dad is a 6 footer..
Arnold started when he was around 15-16, won Mr. Universe 3 times, Mr. Olympia 7 times and still grew to a height of 6' 2". I don't think it's gonna affect growth that much.

Louis Ferrigno was 6' 5" when he won Mr. Universe.

And it's not like you're gonna lift 300 pounds. Just stick to light weights and everything will be fine.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th May 2005 at 14:22.
Old 14th May 2005, 14:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

how about we look at indian bodybuilders?
my nieghbour is an 85 category body bulder and he is 5'9 , but he has relatively tall parents...most of the instructors at the gym are short...
arnold was not russian they are raised ina different climate altogether diet which again is different ...they mature earlier than an average indian boy ...

and by the way arnold stood 6'2 when he was 14...
Old 14th May 2005, 15:15   #25
BHPian

many guys have recomended me whey protein will try it out. by the way how much does it cost and with what it has to be taken and yes i m a pure vegetarian
Old 14th May 2005, 15:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my nieghbour is an 85 category body bulder and he is 5'9
Whats wrong with that? I dunno why you guys think 5' 9" is a bad height.

U think life is easy at 6+? Everything has it's advantages and disadvantages.

I have friends who are 5' 6", who look real tiny in front of me but, they never seem to be bothered with it. As far as i know, it hasn't affected their lives in any way.

We're not like car accessories where a 2" gain in wheel size makes a great impact.

Shan2nu
Old 14th May 2005, 15:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

hehehehehe .... we are not talking about bad height dude ... even i am 5'9 ... what i am trying to say is gymming at an early age does stop the growth spurt in terms of height ...

5'9 is not a good height when you have relatively taller parents ... the current generation is generally taller than their parents ...so I wish i was as tall as my dad if not taller .. to add to that height is limited to a certain age ..so less obtructed that is the better ... you can get wider whenever you want but not taller ..
Old 14th May 2005, 16:03   #28
BHPian

height matters a lot. imagine i have a friend whose height is 5'3 and his girlfriends height is almost 5''9 so suppose he marries her how odd will it look a groom shorter than the bride that also by so much difference
Old 14th May 2005, 16:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what i am trying to say is gymming at an early age does stop the growth spurt in terms of height ...
That depends on what kind of gymming you do at what age. Gymming doesn't affect growth, it's how you work out, that does.

Shan2nu
Old 14th May 2005, 17:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Weight Training at a earlier age will benefit you in the future.

Those who want to follow it, follow it. Those who do not, suit yourself and regret later. Period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks