Team-BHP - Help smoking Team-BHP members quit smoking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Help smoking Team-BHP members quit smoking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5567-help-smoking-team-bhp-members-quit-smoking-8.html)

For guys who smoke less than 8 to 10, just stop it in one shot. For guys with 2 to 3 packs a days, its got to be gradual. Anyone tried nicotine patches?

I knew a guy who was so addicted that he couldn't **** unless he had a smoke. It took him 4 years to get out of it.

Because of this : Chandigarh declared a smoke free city

Steer, hold on to that resolve. You can do it. :Cheering:
If only I also took the effort to quit this sick habit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxima (Post 502925)
Hey Steer, all the best from a sucessful quitter. Great that you have the will. There is a way.

Just hold on for 2 weeks and you are through.:Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 502956)
Steer, hold on to that resolve. You can do it. :Cheering: If only I also took the effort to quit this sick habit.

Thanks for your wishes, but CHILL guys - its not like I'm being forced into something I dont like!

I smoked because I wanted to. I'm not smoking now because I dont want to. Simple as that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 502971)
Thanks for your wishes, but CHILL guys - its not like I'm being forced into something I dont like!

I smoked because I wanted to. I'm not smoking now because I dont want to. Simple as that.

It's the same with everybody steer. After a while, no one really wants to smoke, but to take that decision to quit is a good one & you do need all the encouragement that you get.

Someone here has a fantastic signature that says 'the cigarette does the smoking & you are just the sucker.' LOL

serious suggestion try it out - go to a gym, exercise every day and u wont feel like touching that cigarette...!!!

@narayan - i think we guys will quit gym instead of quiting smoking... but lets giv it try.

A dozen days completed, still on track. Dont feel the urge anymore!

I believe the worst part is over. Now just start thinking how sick these smokers are. What a horrible smelling breath they have & mine is so pure & clean. Helps you. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 508694)

Go steer.I am cheering for you :Cheering:

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 509964)
I am cheering for you :Cheering:

When would you like us to cheer for you ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 508694)

Bowled by the climate in Kerala :)

Hope you're back on track soon

I used to smoke 10-15 ciggi's a day (Wills), Took a break for a year and a half then switched to milds and ultra milds, Was getting too much because even my breathing pattern was changing. Got a bit scared and I decided to quit on a saturday, Why saturday? Obviously it's party time invloving music and booze.

Well, What can I say, It's been a month and I have not smoked a single cigaratte, And for sure I am not going to start this habit again, My breathing has come back to normal as well,

Essentialy it is freedom, Try it, You will never repent,

It is my first day today. Without a cigarette that is. Actually it has been more than 24 hours since I stopped. Let me see how long this goes on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 516034)
It is my first day today. Without a cigarette that is. Actually it has been more than 24 hours since I stopped. Let me see how long this goes on.

Thats the way to go about it, Bernard - dont get too serious about it. I stopped quite casually and with the same attitude ("Let me see how long this goes on"). Its been 20 days now.