[quote=jkdas;1255707]
Lal walks and walks and walks
Lal walks and walks and walks
Lal shoots someone and walks and walks
Lal goes to boards a plane, endless walk to reach it
Lal shoots someone and walks and walks
etc etc
QUOTE]
Seems he took the clue for this movie from Ajith's Billa 2007.Ajith waaaaaalllllllllkkkkkksss(In complete slow motion shots).I still remember the review I read somewhere for Billa "If everyone had walked on normal pace instead of slomo shots,the movie would have been over in 30 minutes" :-)
Old 11th April 2009, 23:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

like in tamilnadu ,there are fans association in kerala.eew.. what a pathetic situation.
Old 12th April 2009, 00:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Sagar alias jacky is a complete waste of money. If u want u see a good film watch 2 harihar nagar. Its the best film released till date, this year. It is better than its 1st part. The 1st half is full of jagadeesh's comedy and 2nd half has 100s of twists and suspenses.
rating- 9/10
I beg to differ here. I haven't watched Sagar elias Jacky, hence i am not commenting on it but i would any day prefer In hari harnagar over 2 hariharnagar. The 1st part was far better than the second one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The last film I saw at the theatre ....

Eureka!!! Here it is ....that film where Suresh Gopi plays a lawyer, successfully arguing murder trials and then kills off his clients? Something MBBS....
I guess you are refering to " Kitchamani MBBS ". I think i typed it right..well Almost

PS : BTW did i hear someone " INSTIGATE " lalettan fan's

Last edited by jango : 12th April 2009 at 00:10.
Old 12th April 2009, 11:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

The only mallu movies that I have seen are the ones they used to show on Surya on saturday nights Don't even know their names but yes, they were comedy!
Old 12th April 2009, 12:56   #21
BHPian

BAkseatdriver - I think the one you are talking about is Chinthamani Kolacase .

Now what about sharing the suspense of all newly released movies here???
Old 12th April 2009, 14:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Now what about sharing the suspense of all newly released movies here???
Great idea!! That will ensure that nobody visit this thread.
Old 12th April 2009, 21:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The only mallu movies that I have seen are the ones they used to show on Surya on saturday nights Don't even know their names but yes, they were comedy!
Naughty boy, stop watching comedy movies !!
Old 12th April 2009, 23:28   #24
BHPian

Went to see IG (suresh gopi film).Know what there is a terrorist attack in our own chali,tvm. THe story starts there.Not much of action packed as previous sures-gopi filmns.

For the songs, sound effect and stunning visuals, see the Sagar Alias Jackey.Though i have seen it and enjoyed for 2.5 hrs(may be because i am lalettan fan.)

Heard good review of the 2 hari nagar.Will be seeing it on vishu.Booked tickets.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:58   #25
BHPian

Saw Harihar Nagar 2 and my opinion of the film

I went and saw In Harihar Nagar 2 yesterday.

Where: Thapasya A/C DTS, Attingal, TVM.
When: Ist show (6:30 pm).
How much: 40 Rs.

Now let me confess that I am not a First-show-all-film type. I generally go only for movies which are recommended by people who have seen the film, and I dont like most the films being churned out these days. You see, the ill effects of being fed on a steady diet of mid-80's to late 90's movies. In Harihar Nagar (the first part) had been one of the favorites. So, went ahead and saw the movie without waiting for recommendations. Did I regret the decision? Read on.

When you go for a movie which is a sequel to a highly successful film, you expectations are certainly going to be high and comparison to the first film is inevitable. Harihar Nagar 2 came across as a fun film with a lot of comic moments. There are a lot of moments when you could laugh out aloud without being apologetic about it. Then again, there are a couple of comic situations where they have used words with dual meanings and a few scenes where you feel apologetic if you laugh out aloud (I admit, these are probably well accepted part of "comedy" these days, but I find it gross). But compared to many other present day films, these scenes are very limited and Harihar Nagar 2 is a good entertainer. Music is nothing to write about, felt like they added music just for music's sake. Overall, a good film perfect for 2-1/2 hours of entertainment, but, there is no comparison to the first part for which I would give a 5/5 rating.

My rating would be a 3/5.

Please note: The review is purely my personal view and you are free to contradict.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Naughty boy, stop watching comedy movies !!
Lol! Slightly offtopic - Mohan Lal is a Mallu Suoer star. Correct?
Old 14th April 2009, 14:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

@amtak Mohan Lal and Mamooty are both super stars in kerala.

Used to watch lots of mallu movies when i had hols from school.
Well please correct the names for me.
Fav being:
Parakum khalida: This movie revolved round a bus where the father left his only property, A old bus to his son. Fantastic comedy and super fun. I could enjoy this movie even though i dont understand malyalam well.

Khabuliwala: If i got the name right that is. This revolved round a guy who works in a circus. Very emotional movie towards the end of it. Will move you to tears.

Two other movies whose name i dont remember
1) One was a mohan lal starrer shot in a village where during a fight and during the chase sequence which is on bullock carts a gal ends up in the heros cart. Then there is a three way love story which progresses.

2) No idea on the actors name but this is about a guy who has a deformed back. He loves a gal who is blind and spends money to get a surgery done to rectify her eye. The hero has acted tremondously well and if i am not wrong was copied to tamil where surya did play the lead role
Old 14th April 2009, 14:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

^it is "parakkum thalika" or udan khatola or flying saucer. that movie ,I really don't liked

--
kabooliwala was a nice film.these days malayalam movies are hardly like those old days.

Today ,second show ,hopefully I can watch 2 harihar nagar.

Last edited by deepclutch : 14th April 2009 at 14:36.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:40   #29
Team-BHP Support

Dr. Pasupati

An old movie dealing with a village which is desperately in need of a vet and the ongoing politics between the village head and the rival group makes sure no one comes. At the fear of being overthrown, a vet is arranged who happens to be a fraud pretending to be a doc.

Innocent stars as the vet/con in this comedy which surely leaves you in splits of laughter at times, ably supported by the other cast which involves Jagathy, Pappu and Jagadish. Parwathy stars as the lead actress, with not much of a significance.

Worth a watch, although the movie has been around a while.

Bennyboy Rating : ***
Old 14th April 2009, 14:48   #30
BHPian

1 ) Devasuram : Starring Mohanlal still remains one of my favorites. A class movies any given day.

2) Chitram : Another all time hit of lalettan

Most Viewed