Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2022, 10:23   #256
BHPian

Re: Which electric shaver/razor do you recommend?

Hi Folks

I am looking to buy an electric shaver. I shave my face everyday and have a long moustache that i need to try and keep in shape. Also, i shave my head every four days to keep it perfectly shiny.

With these use case, can experts help me with a few options. I had shortlisted the following

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...HPYW8M2P&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...B2OVIKVD&psc=1

Thanks in advance
Old 17th October 2022, 11:52   #257
BHPian

^^I've used Braun series 9 and Panasonic Arc 3. In term of comfort Braun wins. Closeness, maybe the Panasonic, but it also gave me razor burns which is very rare with the Braun. In term of trimming moustache the Panasonic trimmer is a bit better, I find the Braun not to be very good at this. I have old norelco series 8 shaver. I use the trimmer of this, this is excellent for this job.

Last edited by archat68 : 17th October 2022 at 11:55.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 22:51   #258
Senior - BHPian

I have Philips BQ33 Twin Head Shaver.
Philips HQ33/15 Electric Shaver

Then my brother gave me Philips MG7715/15.

I used it for more than 1 year. Now the Philips MG7715 Shaver Attachment is not giving me clean and smooth shave which it used to when new.

Currently I get cleaner and smoother shave with Philips HQ33/15. But one of the two locks inside the Head is broken. But still I am using it.

The Shaver Attachment of MG7715/15 last around 1-1.5 year (not interested to keep on buying plastic waste every year).

The BQ33/15 is still going on even after using for around 4-4.5 years.

Now I am looking to buy a New Multiple Head Shaver just for Shaving the beard (and moustache). Confused which brand and model to go for. Don't want to go for more expensive ones. May be within 2-3K and which could last for many years without the need to replace the blades (as like as above BQ33/15).

Please advise.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 24th November 2022 at 23:12.
Old 8th December 2022, 23:07   #259
Senior - BHPian

Do the latest 3000 Series and 5000 Series Rotary Shavers from Philips need Blade Replacement every 2 years?

Philips S3122_55 Series 3000 Shaver recommends Replacing the Head every 2 years with SH30 in "Show all Technical Specifications".

Philips S5582_20 Series 5000 Shaver recommends Replacing the Head every 2 years with SH71 in "Show all Technical Specifications".

The Replacement Blades cost similar to "Complete" New Shaver.

What is the benefit of buying such Shavers equipped with Self-Sharpening Blades if we are needed to keep buying Replacement Blades every two years costing similar to new Complete Shaver?
Old 9th December 2022, 00:46   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
What is the benefit of buying such Shavers equipped with Self-Sharpening Blades if we are needed to keep buying Replacement Blades every two years costing similar to new Complete Shaver?
Two years is a long time for the self sharpening blades to function, they have a life too. After two years of service it’s up to you to replace the blades or shaver. I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the blades to last longer.

Cheers
Old 10th December 2022, 23:30   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
After two years of service it’s up to you to replace the blades or shaver. I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the blades to last longer.
I don't want to offend you (or anyone) but the cost of Blades might be similar to New Shaver.

Either buy only blades at exorbitant price or
Buy Complete New Shaver and throw away the old shaver (Increase E-waste).

Please inform if I could get Replacement Blades for Philips 3000 Series at fractional cost of Shaver.

I turned to Electric Dry Shaver from Regular Twin Blade Razor (Gillette Vector Plus, Gillette Guard Types) to save water, avoid Plastic Waste of Shaving Cream Tube or Foam Tin Can, etc.

I am happy with my Philips HQ33/15 Electric Dry Shaver's Performance (it's Blades are still that came with the Shaver. I am using it for 4 years). Hence looking for similar product in new Avatar.
Old 10th December 2022, 23:41   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I don't want to offend you (or anyone) but the cost of Blades might be similar to New Shaver.
No offence taken at all

The point I was making is everything has a life, in this case maybe two years, your other shaver maybe four years but there is a life after which you throw it away.

The company is doing business, if they make a product which lasts forever, it doesn’t do that. They want consumers to buy a new unit and not blades, hence the price. The company’s stand is clear, you have to decide what to do, keep buying the same product or move on, it’s your choice.

I feel two years is a good life span for something which is presumably used everyday.

Cheers
Old 10th September 2023, 20:33   #263
BHPian

Hi everyone, i have been using a Philips trimmer for 4 to 5 years on a regular basis and earlier i was lubricating using a spare oil bottle which came with a wahl clipper.
Now it has finished and i don't know which oil to use to lubricate the blades, i read online and some recommended olive oil some recommended the lightweight machine oil that comes with sewing machines and some guy was even using 0w20 automotive oil .

So which one should i go with?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks