Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-396.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamarind (Post 3710412)

Is there a way you can workaround such time limitations for posts created by newbies ?

Because, practically its very hard to sit in-front of the computer waiting for the approved notification email from teambhp (after mods approved it - [i completely understand the delay in approval from mods as they have their day job to perform] ) and edit it before 30 mins !

No problem for the BHPian's or others as they have instant display of their message !

From the first 25, it's doubtful that all 25 posts of yours will need to be editied within 30mins.

In which case the very few posts that you want edited after 30mins, you can always report the post and ask for it to be edited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3710419)
You'll need to construct the post well and check the preview before posting. Why not use the Team - BHP App that let's you edit the post after MODERATOR approval since you'll get a notification that the post has been submitted in the thread. After it if you want to edit it, it can be done.

Till you get BHPian status this is what you have to do. We all have gone through this. Hardly take time sir.

Lesson learnt !

Will keep this in mind for future,

To rectify the past, is it possible for admin's to delete this post over here ?
In its present form - It conveys only half of the story !

If its deleted, i will create a new post and convey everything properly in one shot :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3710425)
In which case the very few posts that you want edited after 30mins, you can always report the post and ask for it to be edited.

Thanks, have done the same :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamarind (Post 3710430)
Thanks, have done the same :)

Another option is to put a new post after your earlier post and then report the new post to be merged with the older one.

If you want to add more content and pics this option is easier. Put a new post and then report it asking for it to be merged with your earlier post.

I want to update my user CP as I have to change my city but there is a column regarding which Indian car. I dont want to write anything in it and that prevents me from updating my profile. Problem is that if I dont write properly, moderators might take some action. I therefore request them to remove that column when someone has to update his/ her profile. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3711258)
I want to update my user CP as I have to change my city but there is a column regarding which Indian car. I dont want to write anything in it and that prevents me from updating my profile. Problem is that if I dont write properly, moderators might take some action. I therefore request them to remove that column when someone has to update his/ her profile. Thanks.

There is no such box as "which indian car".
The one I think you are referring to is "The cars you own ?"

Type in "None" if you don't want to mention anything.
Since on the top it says all fields are mandatory, I think you need to fill in some value there.

I don't think Moderators will take any action if you don't have a car and mention as None :D

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-capture.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 (Post 3711710)

No. Certain members did have this process to fill in "What Car?" if they need to update their Profile/Location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 (Post 3711710)

Since on the top it says all fields are mandatory, I think you need to fill in some value there.

I don't think Moderators will take any action if you don't have a car and mention as None :D

Attachment 1372796

This is what I am talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3711258)

Why don't you want to write anything? It's a simple enough question. You must have a favourite or two among the many models on sale in India today. In any case this is a one-time entry which has been made mandatory after you got your membership. Once you fill it in you will not be prompted to fill anything for subsequent profile changes.

Write "Bullock Cart"

:)

Dear Mods, Could you make it possible for pictures to be added while editing posts in the assembly line that we have already posted ? When we are working on long multi-post ownership reviews we might sometime find pictures that we want to add later. It appears that this is not possible. thanks !

Quote:

Originally Posted by reihem (Post 3719754)
Dear Mods, Could you make it possible for pictures to be added while editing posts in the assembly line that we have already posted ?

AFAIK, it is possible to edit posts for adding pictures in Assembly Line.

If you are using the Team BHP App then it is not possible but if your using Chrome then it is very much possible.

Click Edit - - > Go Advanced - - > at the base of the tab for writing the matter you'll have a button "Manage Attachments". Click on it to Add or Remove pictures from that post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reihem (Post 3719754)
Dear Mods, Could you make it possible for pictures to be added while editing posts in the assembly line that we have already posted ? When we are working on long multi-post ownership reviews we might sometime find pictures that we want to add later. It appears that this is not possible. thanks !

Do you mean if the thread has already been moved out of Assembly Line into the public forum? You still have the option of moving it back to AL. Please report the post saying you want to add pics and Support team will move it. Once in AL, as anurag says, you can play around with the text and pics as you wish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3719773)
AFAIK, it is possible to edit posts for adding pictures in Assembly Line.

If you are using the Team BHP App then it is not possible but if your using Chrome then it is very much possible.

Click Edit - - > Go Advanced - - > at the base of the tab for writing the matter you'll have a button "Manage Attachments". Click on it to Add or Remove pictures from that post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 3719790)
Do you mean if the thread has already been moved out of Assembly Line into the public forum? You still have the option of moving it back to AL. Please report the post saying you want to add pics and Support team will move it. Once in AL, as anurag says, you can play around with the text and pics as you wish.

Thanks a4anurag ! I didn't notice the go advance button at all, problem completely solved.

Noopster, I meant with the thread still inside Assembly Line - when i hit the edit button I didn't see the attachment options immediately - it didn't strike me to explore further.

Problem solved, thank you :)

How long does it usually take for an ad to be approved on TBHP classifieds? I posted an ad day before yesterday, evening-ish, but it is yet to be published. I have posted ads before, but none took this long, hence the query. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by schakravarthy (Post 3724293)
How long does it usually take for an ad to be approved on TBHP classifieds? I posted an ad day before yesterday, evening-ish, but it is yet to be published. I have posted ads before, but none took this long, hence the query. :)

The MODS who look after the Ad's section would need time to check it for authenticity and fulfilments of all requirements prior to approval that does consume time IMO.

Moreover this community being run by people like you and me who aren't full time employees of Team-BHP, time would be taken to approve as they would need to dedicate more time here from their personal lives.

So sometimes it gets approved fast sometimes it takes a bit of time. Solution to this is : Patience!:D Just kidding.