Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-403.html)

I don't know if this was suggested before. Quite possible I might have done it myself, but here goes. Could we have a "Random Thread" link, like wiki on the forum?
There's a lot of buried treasures on the forum , especially from 2k4-2k6 :D, when moderation was quite , lets call it moderate, shall we :).
Would love for those to be thrown up in to the general active domain .

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 3813519)
on Team-BHP I just get an empty window with a "Adobe Flash Player has been disabled" message.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters

Bumping this up. Can we please consider this?

I know this request has been made a many times here before, but I am still willing to stick my neck out and post it again.

Can we please have an exclusive set of stickers for members only? I am offering to design one for the forum. This set should be made available to only to the members.

The reason I am putting this up again is the sheer number of stickered vehicles I am spotting who have no respect for traffic rules and other cars on the road. As recent as today morning my car almost got scraped by one which sported TBhp stickers on the all corners of his car.

Atleast on 3 occasions, my co passengers have pointed out such drivers sporting stickers and their bad driving sense, questioning same set of stickers on my car. Trust me, that hurts. :Frustrati

Mods, Please consider this request. I am sure a lot of other BHPians have this request as well. I repeat to offer my contribution for designing the exclusive set of stickers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1lokesh (Post 3886576)
Can we please have an exclusive set of stickers for members only? I am offering to design one for the forum. This set should be made available to only to the members.

Hmm, yes... Something without a slogan, but with recognisable T-BHP gaphics and, perhaps, the word member (might provoke a language debate, I suppose) on it.

I would suggest a removable window sticker (maybe a pair, front and back) rather than a super-sticky body sticker, supplied with a request that, when the car is sold, it should not be left.

Alternatively... We could go in for a politician-type flag on the bonnet lol:

While we are still on the stickers topic, can we have reflective type stickers that shine bright in the night and add to safety as well ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1lokesh (Post 3886576)

Atleast on 3 occasions, my co passengers have pointed out such drivers sporting stickers and their bad driving sense, questioning same set of stickers on my car. Trust me, that hurts. :Frustrati

+1 to this. I have mentioned this earlier as well. This was the reason I removed the visible stickers from my car :Frustrati and just kept the transparent ones.

I am worried that these stickers may be categorized as the ones associated with bad/rash driving in some distant far of place, where TBHP may not be that known to villagers.

Is there any possibilities to stop faking of the stickers? Because, some people are faking it and using it on their cars. Received a photo on whatsapp for a group member.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Panda (Post 3886754)
Is there any possibilities to stop faking of the stickers?

How would you do that? Use currency-note technology? Even then, a fake would not be recognisable from a distance.

Seriously, there is no way to stop anybody doing anything, as long as it is actually possible. I think that the suggested Member sticker (or flag ;) ) is a great idea, but, if people wanted to, they could fake that.

There's no way to eliminate counterfeiting of any type, and why should we?

The REAL spirit of this forum is how we 'Live to Drive' in our lives the best we can, not the sticker that claims the same in so many words. I'm car-less right now and if/when I buy the next one, I may choose to not have stickers on it at all. I'll still 'Live to Drive' and be everything it means to be a T-BHPian, stickers or not.:)

I vote for 'members only' stickers.
Why not go 1 step further. Give us stickers with our tbhp handle printed on it. Imagine the exclusivity in that!

There will also be lesser chances of people copying those.

On the flip side, we might see 100's of cars belonging to GTO on the roads ;)

Hi Mods,

When we create a thread in the "Assembly Section" forum, and report it to be published using the "Report Post" option, it would be good to see some sort of acknowledgement message like "Your report has been received and will be looked into."

At present, when the "Send Report" button is clicked, the browser directly loads the post that was being viewed. For some reason, if the report did not get submitted, there is no way to know this.

^^Every time you click on report post, you will get a box to enter text related to the post you are reporting after which you can submit it. It is no different in Assembly Line. Important to stress here that you should NOT report the same time multiple times if you don't get an immediate response. Given that most of us Support Team guys have day jobs, it is not possible for us to react instantaneously to reported posts. In the case of Assembly Line reports, we have an additional chore of reviewing the thread before taking it live. Trust you understand.

Can we archive the old news articles that are a suggested read below the latest ones?

For example - I opened the article "Isuzu no longer assembling cars at HM's Chennai factory" and below that I was suggested a few old articles like "Violent clashes at Maruti's Manesar plant, production stopped".

This creates confusion.

Mods, is it possible to search the Entire TBHP and find out the a single post with most no. of Thanks.
I also mentioned that we must have a Hall of Fame list for the posts having most no. of Thanks.

I dont think it will be possible and feasible to write a bhpian's handle on the sticker and then send it. What we members can do is we can go to our regular sticker shop and get our handle pasted on the sticker. This way we can instantly recognize if its a bhpian's ride. There are hundreds of pics in the T-bhp stickers spotted section but most of them have not been acknowledged by anyone. With the bhp handle on the sticker we can expect acknowledgement of the spottings.