Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 13:11   #4711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
It was merged.
In fact, you were the one who pointed it out.
Arre, you got it all wrong.
I am talking about cars "currently" in production.
The thread you and me mentioned is about cars now not being manufactured.
I feel that thread might have been deleted.
It was in the lines of suggestions to manufacturers for improvements in the cars which are in production.
Old 11th September 2012, 14:06   #4712
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I have a humble request. When we edit thread titles to include new updates, can we please have the page number where the update occurs, instead of the "EDIT" tag. For example -

'Times of India? Nope, VW of India. Pg26: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012'

instead of

'Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012'
Old 11th September 2012, 15:58   #4713
Senior - BHPian

Mods, is it possible to add a separate section dedicated to car detailing. We have one thread on tbhp where all products/methods/reviews/results and expert opinions are shared. Its a cumbersome affair to search for a particular info.

Given our love for cars, there are many on the forum who take care of their car and a dedicated section will help gain and share knowledge on car detailing.
Old 11th September 2012, 22:03   #4714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I have a humble request. When we edit thread titles to include new updates, can we please have the page number where the update occurs, instead of the "EDIT" tag. For example -

'Times of India? Nope, VW of India. Pg26: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012'

instead of

'Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012'
Done, Please use report post for such requests, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Mods, is it possible to add a separate section dedicated to car detailing. We have one thread on tbhp where all products/methods/reviews/results and expert opinions are shared. Its a cumbersome affair to search for a particular info.

Given our love for cars, there are many on the forum who take care of their car and a dedicated section will help gain and share knowledge on car detailing.
A general thumb rule for creating any sub-section is to make sure that there is enough content for it, by enough it should be at least 100+ then too if it suits one of the existing sections then we don't create a new one.

Even with such rules we have so many sections, Imagine how many we would have otherwise
Old 11th September 2012, 22:09   #4715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
A general thumb rule for creating any sub-section is to make sure that there is enough content for it, by enough it should be at least 100+ then too if it suits one of the existing sections then we don't create a new one.
Do you mean 100+ pages of a thread to define it as needing a separate sub-section ? If so,the detailing thread is 400+ pages
Old 11th September 2012, 22:20   #4716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

Do you mean 100+ pages of a thread to define it as needing a separate sub-section ? If so,the detailing thread is 400+ pages
No I meant 100+ threads
Old 11th September 2012, 22:57   #4717
BHPian

Some images I'm trying to upload to my garage are getting horizontally stretched. What is the problem here? I've successfully uploaded the same images on a post, it worked fine.

Here's the link to the garage - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...do=view&g=4870
Old 12th September 2012, 19:51   #4718
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
What he means is a text label to an image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Yes - this is exactly what I meant - your label is part of the image. I am talking about labels in your opening posts like this
Sorry guys, we can't have labels on top of the image, and then one inside. It will look ugly & redundant. Between the two, we much prefer the image titles. Good thing is, we follow the exact same flow in all of our sales reports. Read a couple and you'll know where to look for which image.

Quote:
Thanks for pointing it out!
Sure thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
IIRC we were supposed to get a good gallery view of all the images in a thread. That should make browsing the images in a thread more convenient
Project canned for now. It was a significant modification and you know how we like to code *only* where absolutely necessary / important. It might get bumped up the task sheet, but no promises of when.

You can enjoy the photo gallery in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The car image at the top right of each page, I believe it comes from a predefined pool. I could see a black Ambasador, Khan-Sultan's Gypsy, GTO's jeep, a red swift, a white civic, a blue i20 (old gen), a red Octavia, a red Punto, a yellow Nano and a white BMW.
Done. Will be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Please lets not change anything in the initial ownership review or long term ownership reviews section. Both of them are perfect the way they are now, and are extremely useful for non-member readers in deciding which car(s) to go for!
You got it! No changes in the pipeline at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
To Mods:
I have a query. Earlier, CTRL+B used to work in replies.This was MUCH easier.
Now when i tried it, I had to select text and click B. This put in tags.
Were you able to use CTRL+B on Chrome earlier? It's never worked on mine, though it does on Internet Explorer 8 / 9.

No, we haven't made any design / code changes in the recent past that would have affected this functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
As Technocrat mentioned, please report any thread that we might have missed adding a page number to (though, we usually do add page numbers).

However, sometimes, it's not possible due to long + necessary thread titles, and limitation on the number of characters that can be used.

Quote:
Mods, is it possible to add a separate section dedicated to car detailing.
Not yet. Any new forum sections will only be added for subject areas that are very important, useful and informative. There must also be the possibility of comprehensive content (else, having a dedicated section isn't justified). We have to be conservative with new sections, simply because we have so many already.

Right now, the forum sections are logical and very few have overlap in their subject areas. You know where to look for what thread. Too many sections will ruin the forum's user-friendliness, not to mention the clutter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Some images I'm trying to upload to my garage are getting horizontally stretched.
The 1st image is badly stretched, but the 3rd looks okay. Can you share the original resolution of all three images?
Old 12th September 2012, 20:12   #4719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
------------SNIP-------------
Were you able to use CTRL+B on Chrome earlier? It's never worked on mine, though it does on Internet Explorer 8 / 9.

No, we haven't made any design / code changes in the recent past that would have affected this functionality.
------------SNIP-------------
Understood.
Thats another one to stop my migration to Chrome. It works with Firefox.
Old 12th September 2012, 21:26   #4720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The 1st image is badly stretched, but the 3rd looks okay. Can you share the original resolution of all three images?
Yeah. Here are the original resolutions for all the images -

Image 1 - 1600x870
Image 2 - 1600x912
Image 3 - 1500x1015
Old 13th September 2012, 08:35   #4721
BHPian

BHPian a few suggestions :

1. RSS subscription. Some of us are really hooked to google reader and it would be great to have all new updates.
2. Team BHP stickers spotting: How about a separate thread for each state. I am sure acknowledgement will increase.
3. At times search results show really old threads, how about an option to sort the results as per need ?
Old 16th September 2012, 14:40   #4722
Senior - BHPian

I am facing an issue with Chrome (and only with Team BHP).
Images disappear after they are loaded.
I did a search and it appears this is the issue: http://superuser.com/questions/28744...ot-show-images

Other browsers work fine.
Old 17th September 2012, 20:45   #4723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am facing an issue with Chrome (and only with Team BHP).
Images disappear after they are loaded.
I did a search and it appears this is the issue: http://superuser.com/questions/28744...ot-show-images

Other browsers work fine.
I am facing the same issue. I came here to post regarding the same and I see your post.
Did you find a solution?
Old 19th September 2012, 12:34   #4724
Senior - BHPian

This Suggestion is regarding listing the "Latest Topics" for threads created using the Assembly Line feature.

The *Latest Topics* option is a great tool to track the latest threads created in the last couple of days or so. As a matter of fact, I make it a habit to visit that page atleast twice everyday to keep a tab on the new threads created, so that I don't miss out any action.

However when some ownership reports/articles created using the Assembly line are taken live, they do not feature in the list of *New Topics*. I guess this happens when the thread spends more time in the Assembly line. This includes a couple of Official Test Drive Reports too!

Since most threads created using the Assembly line are of high value and importance, it would be a great loss to the readers if they miss spotting it because it did not feature in the New Topics list.

Request the Mods to do something about this or suggest a work around to keep track of the latest threads in the above scenario. Thanks!

PS: Will it not be more appropriate to park this thread under the main *Team-Bhp* forum just like this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...obile-access/?

This would be more logical and encouraging because when somebody suggests something for the Team Bhp Apple/Android App, their contribution is rightly valued by an increase in post count, While the posts you make on this suggestions thread doesn't get that brownie point.

Moreover moving to that forum will enable the *Thanks* feature on this thread too which will serve as a gauge to know the members opinion on a particular suggestion.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 19th September 2012 at 12:46.
Old 19th September 2012, 19:42   #4725
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if I am posting in the right thread or not, but I wanted to talk about it with fellow members from a long time. Why don't we design a Facebook Cover which all members can put up on their FB profiles. I, for one, really want to tell the world that I am proud to be a BHP-ian.

What do all others think?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks