Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 13:57   #4636
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Please do consider having "official T BHP comparos" amongst similar cars.
We have something better : The "What Car?" Forum which has compared all popular cars sold in India, and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm not able to upload pictures on Classifieds. Each time I select a file through the Browse button and click on Upload, the file name vanishes and nothing happens.
Please check with another browser / computer. Other sellers are able to list ads just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
i am using the normal option bhpmobile.
but when i log onto the browser which is opera, i type in m.team-bhp.com
That's why! The Mobile Skin is meant to be a lean + mean skin for those on a slow mobile network. It has very basic functionality.

I suggest buying an Android / Apple Phone and getting the Team-BHP App.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Unable to do full screen for integrated Youtube videos in firefox or IE, both in XP and Win 7 64-Bit OS
AFAIK, it was never possible to view embedded youtube videos in full screen. If you want to view it full screen, I suggest opening the video on the youtube website (by clicking on the title) and choosing full screen there.
Old 19th July 2012, 14:44   #4637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm not able to upload pictures on Classifieds. Each time I select a file through the Browse button and click on Upload, the file name vanishes and nothing happens.
Sorry i missed your post earlier. Meant to move it to the Classifieds thread but it slipped by.

Are you using IE9 by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
i am using the normal option bhpmobile.
but when i log onto the browser which is opera, i type in m.team-bhp.com
For uploading pics, you could switch to another skin - since BHP Mobile doesn't have that option built in.

cya
R
Old 19th July 2012, 17:18   #4638
Team-BHP Support

Not really. What Car doesn't really address what I was alluding to.

I was suggesting something more on the lines of the "official team bhp reviews" - i.e. like an official comparison of competing offerings with the kind of quality and where the opening post/s by the original posting Mod cover the entire analysis.

Something on the lines of the link below which is nice in its own right but preferably one that goes into a lot more detail on every aspect of the vehicle.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...vs-others.html

I suppose one of the limitations might be that manufacturers may not necessarily offer up their cars all at the same time to TBHP for such a comparison like they give the mags (don't know, just speculating). But to the extent it is doable it would certainly be really popular reading I'm quite sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We have something better : The "What Car?" Forum which has compared all popular cars sold in India, and then some.
Old 19th July 2012, 18:26   #4639
BHPian

Quote:

What about App for a Windows phone 7.5 ?
Currently no intention of buying an Android or Apple iphone in near future
Old 19th July 2012, 20:29   #4640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK, it was never possible to view embedded Youtube videos in full screen. If you want to view it full screen, I suggest opening the video on the Youtube website (by clicking on the title) and choosing full screen there.
I was able to do that previously. Just not any longer. But i will re-check. Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 21:52   #4641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or crack your phone and put Android in it (like i did)

OT
Old 26th July 2012, 18:16   #4642
Team-BHP Support

Looks like there is something wrong with the way posts are counted in Quicklinks -> Top posters list -> Last 24 hours. To illustrate, just taking Rehaan’s post-count as an example. Against the name, it shows 22 posts in the last 24 hours (picture 1). On clicking, the number (22) it lists the posts, but the actual count is 3 (picture 2).

Probably a minor bug?
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled1.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled2.jpg  

Old 27th July 2012, 10:09   #4643
BHPian

Can we have a official review of the new verito, i know you guys (GTO) don't like it, cause its outdated and all, but it would be nice to have a ofiicial car review.
Old 27th July 2012, 16:39   #4644
Team-BHP Support

@ Axe77 - thats definitely something that will bring huge value. Its been requested quite a few times, and personally i'd like to see it happen too. However, there are some logistical and time-constraints that we have to work around!

@ chevelle - Youtube keeps changing their skin functionality and that might be braking the full screen option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Looks like there is something wrong with the way posts are counted
@ vb-san - Nope, nothing wrong here.

Post from certain sections (eg. Introductions, Shifting gears) are not counted.

Post from certain private sections (eg. Support, Reported posts) are counted.

@ ajay387 - we always pick official review cars based on their importance in the Indian Car scene (not what we personally think of them )
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th July 2012 at 16:46.
Old 27th July 2012, 17:42   #4645
Senior - BHPian

Something weird happening with my PC: Whenever I click the multi-quote button (the one with two inverted commas and a plus sign), it takes me to the Post Reply page. It should ideally just mark that post for quoting. From the Post Reply page if I click the Back button of my browser, then the post appears correctly marked. I tried it with two different threads just to ensure it's happening.

Was any update made to the forum software? Can someone verify if this is really happening, or is it just my PC?

Note: Nothing has changed on my PC, I have been accessing TBHP alright from this PC for many weeks.
Old 27th July 2012, 22:43   #4646
Senior - BHPian

Here's another quirk: A few hours back I had posted something in a thread by sudeep11787 about the purchase of his Esteem from a TrueValue outlet. I got an alert on PM saying someone had quoted my post. But when I clicked the link, I landed on a page which says I do not have permission to view its content.

I now ran a search for all the posts of this member. True enough the Esteem is visible in his introductory thread, but the thread on its purchase has vanished. What gives?

Last edited by honeybee : 27th July 2012 at 22:43. Reason: Removed colour tags and replaced with bold tags
Old 27th July 2012, 22:47   #4647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee
Here's another quirk: A few hours back I had posted something in a thread by sudeep11787 about the purchase of his Esteem from a TrueValue outlet. I got an alert on PM saying someone had quoted my post. But when I clicked the link, I landed on a page which says I do not have permission to view its content.

I now ran a search for all the posts of this member. True enough the Esteem is visible in his introductory thread, but the thread on its purchase has vanished. What gives?
Maybe the thread was moved to the assembly line imo.
Old 27th July 2012, 23:01   #4648
Senior - BHPian

Now that you have quoted my post, I didn't get any alert.

Threads are usually moved off the assembly line, and as far as I remember the OP seemed to have finished the first writeup, and there were several posts after the OP's to congratulate him.
Old 27th July 2012, 23:20   #4649
PGA
BHPian

Dear Mods
Can I edit the post which gets sent across unintentionally while using the mobile android app. Unable to locate the handle for the same.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:05   #4650
Senior - BHPian

This is not a suggestion, but I am asking for a suggestion on quoting further posts using the edit feature. Allow me to post this here as I couldn't find a suitable open thread in the announcements section.

Assuming the case when one of my post has been quoted within the edit time-frame of 30 minutes. Now which is better / recommended? Quoting the quoted post (or a fresh post) in a new post, or, editing my previous post to add the quote?

Of course, quoting posts one below the other, in a new post, is more readable and triggers a private message. But then I have seen many of us editing the previous posts to quote a post below the one edited. Like in the snapshot below.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-qn.jpg

Please advise.

Most Viewed