Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 10:43   #4531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
How come Linea niggling issues thread is under Indian Auto scene while other cars niggling issues are under Technical. Please move the Linea thread under Technical so as to give a fair viewing to all cars and avoid any prejudices.
Please use Report Post (Report Posts : Contribute in Maintaining Team-BHP's post quality) to bring such irregularities to our notice.

Moved the thread to Technical Stuff.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:29   #4532
Distinguished - BHPian

@PatchyBoy- One way I can think of is if we add an "Index" in the first post of the thread with links to the important posts in the thread. Some ownership reviews have started using this method- e.g. 1st service update, leather seats installed update etc.

It is not feasible or even humanly possible for mods to do this to each and every thread, so if you or some other members can compile a list for any particular thread you have in mind, just report that post with the required content/links and one of the mods will take it up.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:50   #4533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
@PatchyBoy- One way I can think of is if we add an "Index" in the first post of the thread with links to the important posts in the thread. Some ownership reviews have started using this method- e.g. 1st service update, leather seats installed update etc.

It is not feasible or even humanly possible for mods to do this to each and every thread, so if you or some other members can compile a list for any particular thread you have in mind, just report that post with the required content/links and one of the mods will take it up.
Which is why, another solution has been stuff like ipbwiki or vbwiki. Or articles on team bhp
Old 16th May 2012, 12:51   #4534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Is there a way to point members to useful posts on the thread - maybe by taking into consideration the number of "thanks" a post received - so members can refrain from posting repetitive info and questions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
can compile a list for any particular thread you have in mind, just report that post with the required content/links and one of the mods will take it up.
Opposed to the now chronological sorting of posts, is it possible to have a sorting of posts by the "Thanks" given? May be among the "Thread Tools" or in the "Advanced Search". This can add value to the threads, in terms of reading the most relevant / liked posts.
Old 17th May 2012, 16:34   #4535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,

For the posts that have been edited by mods, the forum sends out an notification to the user.

Is it possible to enhance this notification to the include the original message, so that we can compare it to the edited version.
The notification link will take you to the edited post so that's not a solution, am afraid. But sometimes the original post may have already been archived by a moderator for reference as is the case in the specific instance that you mentioned. Check your PM

Quote:
This enhancement should be of great help as we got to know what has been removed or was considered irrelevant.
Just to specify, the post you referred to was one where the quoted post had been edited and not your reply. We request members to quote only the relevant part of a large post while replying, so as to not inconvenience our small screen/mobile users, whose tribe increases daily!
Old 18th May 2012, 07:15   #4536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The notification link will take you to the edited post so that's not a solution, am afraid.
Yeah, its not a solution. Thank you very much for the PM.

Quote:
Just to specify, the post you referred to was one where the quoted post had been edited and not your reply. We request members to quote only the relevant part of a large post while replying, so as to not inconvenience our small screen/mobile users, whose tribe increases daily!
Yes, If you compare my post with the original post or the first post on that thread, I had removed the irrelevant stuff . As you saw my post, I was responding to the the lines, I had quoted.

What I didn't do was this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ml#post2765631

I see there is "wrap quote tags around selected text "button when posting from the website. Just saw it.

But this is very tedious to do from the android app. Any suggestions or improvements ?
Old 18th May 2012, 07:33   #4537
Senior - BHPian

Mods - I have stated this issue before too but seeing no response would like to reiterate again.

Whenever my posts are quoted by newcomers or by those BHPians whose posts are yet to be approved by mods, I do get a notification in the form of pop up and e-mail. But when I try to open/view the link/post I am unable to do so. Would it be possible that the notification/pop up is flashed only after the post is aproved by mods.
Old 21st May 2012, 09:02   #4538
BHPian

The 30 minutes Edit time is impossible to manage most of the time due to power failior, no battery, being engaged in other work etc.

It would be most helpful to all if the Edit time is increased to 24 hours and should include thread title as well.

Other than that there should be a seperate link and breakup for travelogues from East West North South Northeast of the country for easy access and future reference purpose
Old 21st May 2012, 12:41   #4539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
The 30 minutes Edit time is impossible to manage most of the time due to power failior, no battery, being engaged in other work etc.

It would be most helpful to all if the Edit time is increased to 24 hours and should include thread title as well.
San, 30-minute edit rule is strictly to take care of typos or anything that may have been missed (the typical "Oh no I forgot..." omissions). There is no substitute for composing a post/thread at leisure and reviewing it thoroughly before submission . Suggest you do that!

Of course, you may always report a post (using the report button in the left pane of your post) for any changes required in title thread/post content. Our average response time is 24 hours and often a lot faster than that.
Old 29th May 2012, 22:56   #4540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
If you are the thread starter, i.e. if you are composing a travelogue or a ownership review or any other informative stuff that takes time to compile, you can always use the the Assembly line section. There is no edit time limitation there. Your thread will only be visible to you and the mods. Once you are done, and happy, you can request the mods to move it to the public view.

More here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...m-section.html

OT: All your NE travelogues are really good!
Old 30th May 2012, 19:40   #4541
BHPian

Re: Slideshow feature for travelogues possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Scrolling a page to view next photographs so that the next photo neatly fits on
the screen takes away some of the fun of watching the photos. It will be quite
more enjoyable to see the photos one after another.
I found a way out, at least for firefox. (Other browsers may have something
similar. Not sure.)

There is the following plugin:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...eb-slide-show/

If you come across a web page with a number of images, it will create a slide
show automatically for you. It is somewhat smart in deciding which images on
the page to include in slide show.

I wish to revisit several of travelogues with rich photography and enjoy them
again.

Only, sort of drawback is, we'll miss the annotations above the photo. But
pictures will look much nicer as the whole frame will be seen in one go rather
than scrolling it down, which takes away the fun.

Last edited by mayuresh : 30th May 2012 at 19:41.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:19   #4542
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
This morning while I was browsing through the threads on the Team-BHP app I noticed an ad for Bolero between the posts. Are we supposed to see automotive ads on Team-BHP?
Attachment 925227
No way! Ads promoting any Indian car are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Request to please PM me details of such ads in the future so that action can be taken immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
The google search is not working for me on IE8/ Mozilla for quite a few days now. Is it only me?
Works fine here on IE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
At least could we please bring back the thanks button but still not count the thanks in this section towards the sum.
Sorry, but it's a software limitation. We could further customise the software but trust us, that has its own complication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Opposed to the now chronological sorting of posts, is it possible to have a sorting of posts by the "Thanks" given? May be among the "Thread Tools" or in the "Advanced Search". This can add value to the threads, in terms of reading the most relevant / liked posts.
Thanks, that's a great suggestion. We will evaluate the possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Whenever my posts are quoted by newcomers or by those BHPians whose posts are yet to be approved by mods, I do get a notification in the form of pop up and e-mail.
Sorry about that Ghodlur. We're doing what we can to minimise the turnaround time with newbie posts. As things stand today, I'm pretty sure 75% of newbie posts are approved (or disapproved) before the one who is quoted gets to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I found a way out, at least for firefox. (Other browsers may have something
similar. Not sure.)
Or better yet, visit the Travelogues Section of our Photo Gallery
Old 1st June 2012, 08:24   #4543
Senior - BHPian

I can't find the link for synopsis of the car reviews. The one which had an overall summary (for eg- aveo, matiz, cielo etc.). When I search for car reviews, I am redirected to official car review sub forum. Is the link removed or am I not looking at the right place?
Old 1st June 2012, 10:08   #4544
BHPian

Couple of things:
People, if they have to use emoticons, should put a space after the last word before inserting the smiley. Otherwise they get uploaded as 'placestupid', or 'xyzclap' and so on. Punctuation, unfortunately, is also required for emoticons.

Secondly, I have seen senior and not so senior BHPians post lengthy articles about their vehicles, but when you visit the My Garage section, it has nowhere there.

Can the moderators ask everyone to update their profiles with the changes or new acquisitions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton
Couple of things:
People, if they have to use emoticons, should put a space after the last word before inserting the smiley. Otherwise they get uploaded as 'placestupid', or 'xyzclap' and so on. Punctuation, unfortunately, is also required for emoticons.

Secondly, I have seen senior and not so senior BHPians post lengthy articles about their vehicles, but when you visit the My Garage section, it is nowhere there.

Can the moderators ask everyone to update their profiles with the changes or new acquisitions?
*is nowhere there. My bad. Hope we can edit the post.

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st June 2012 at 11:24. Reason: Rule 5b
Old 1st June 2012, 10:44   #4545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton

*is nowhere there. My bad. Hope we can edit the post.
Yes you can.
30 minute window to edit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks