Old 21st April 2012, 16:13   #4471

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Cant figure when someone has stopped talking, and when the next one begins .
It's one of those forum things. If people don't use the QUOTE function properly, then the next person to quote the post with in-quote answers has much more work to do.

Almost as annoying as tailgating
Old 24th April 2012, 13:04   #4472

Dear admin, I have been reporting this issue for some time now. The software is unable to distinguish between 'AND' and '&' ('and' and 'ampersand'). When someone tries to access my profile, the profile of 'fastandfurious' (mine is 'fast&furious') is pulled from the DB. Kindly fix this issue. Because of this nobody is able send me PMs and I have to mention the profile address on that 'signature' space .

Last edited by fast&furious : 24th April 2012 at 13:11.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:42   #4473

Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That's what.
Cant figure when someone has stopped talking, and when the next one begins .

Iron4awk ia?
abbe yaar, PIA = pain in the you-know-where

@MODS: are the smileys being worked upon for the iPhone and Android apps? really missing them; one has to remember them and add them as of now.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:24   #4474

have a look - why 'private' is appearing against the shifting gear section?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg
Old 25th April 2012, 10:25   #4475

Noticed something interesting today. I opened the thread on road-safety issue reported by Sugeeta, and noticed the advertisement bar on top (circled in red).
Does the advt banner technology actually scan the page and shows advertisement relevant to the topic?
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-pepper-spray.jpg  

Old 25th April 2012, 10:33   #4476

Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
have a look - why 'private' is appearing against the shifting gear section?
The latest post was in assembly section. Since you can't see others' posts in assembly section, you get to see "private".

Does the advt banner technology actually scan the page and shows advertisement relevant to the topic?
Yes. This is how Google AdSense works. If it would not display relevant ad to a topic, no one would use it.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:50   #4477

Can we have the Travelogues section be split into Domestic/Indian and International sections? makes searching for a particular country/state thread easy.

-Sajan
Old 28th April 2012, 15:58   #4478

Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
As for search, please try using wild cards for better search e.g. if you tried searching for suggestion* then it would cover plural as well singular. Other than that the Google search on the Black theme is quite effective.
Thank you. I guess I will use wildcards from now on.
Old 30th April 2012, 12:53   #4479

Mods/BHPians,

Have a query. I normally receive updates over e-mail about any changes to the subscribed threads, I guess once a week. Now I am subscribed to about 1200+ threads which runs into 50+ pages. I need to stop receiving these e-mails which sometimes run into 100+ and becomes diffcult to delete all those subscribed mails. I tried visiting each page and turning off the e-mail updates but want to know how can I do for all the subscription threads at one go. Is there any way out or I should labour around 50+ pages and keep selecting the No e-mail update option for every page. Kindly advise.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:05   #4480

Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Mods/BHPians,

Have a query. I normally receive updates over e-mail about any changes to the subscribed threads, I guess once a week. Now I am subscribed to about 1200+ threads which runs into 50+ pages. I need to stop receiving these e-mails which sometimes run into 100+ and becomes diffcult to delete all those subscribed mails. I tried visiting each page and turning off the e-mail updates but want to know how can I do for all the subscription threads at one go. Is there any way out or I should labour around 50+ pages and keep selecting the No e-mail update option for every page. Kindly advise.
Go to your User CP. Then navigate to List Subscriptions from the left hand side menu.

On that page, on the right and side, tick mark the top box which will select all threads.

Scroll down to the drop down box and select no email notification from the "selected threads" menu and click Go.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:10   #4481

Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Yes. This is how Google AdSense works. If it would not display relevant ad to a topic, no one would use it.
Not always. As seen below

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-ad.jpg

Plus, I believe one has an option of not allowing Google AdSense access to the content of the forum/website.

@Mods, sorry for the OT discussion (edit: ) and the image. Please delete this post if you feel so.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 30th April 2012 at 13:40.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:11   #4482

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Go to your User CP. Then navigate to List Subscriptions from the left hand side menu.

On that page, on the right and side, tick mark the top box which will select all threads.

Scroll down to the drop down box and select no email notification from the "selected threads" menu and click Go.
I tried doing this but this is applicable for that page only, it does not work for multiple pages. I am sure there must be a way out to select the threads on all pages at one go and then select the no e-mail option.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:26   #4483

Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I tried doing this but this is applicable for that page only, it does not work for multiple pages.
I face the same problem! I have to select all threads across multi pages and delete subscriptions. I have to do this "maintenance" every weekend to prevent my inbox being bombed on Monday. Not sure how to enable "do not subscribe unless I manually tick it".

Off-topic!
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Vespa has a clothing range of their own (including the type of clothing shown in the ad ). Hope this explains the advertisement

Plus, I believe one has an option of not allowing Google AdSense access to the content of the forum/website.
Not sure about it. The privacy war between Google and us still goes on. Adblock and disabling cookies really don't stop it from following us. Our latest weapon is "do not track" feature. Not sure if Google has already bypassed it or not.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 30th April 2012 at 13:30. Reason: Adding reply to ghodlur
Old 30th April 2012, 13:39   #4484

Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I face the same problem! I have to select all threads across multi pages and delete subscriptions. I have to do this "maintenance" every weekend to prevent my inbox being bombed on Monday. Not sure how to enable "do not subscribe unless I manually tick it".
Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode. Set this to "No Email Notification".
Old 30th April 2012, 15:37   #4485

Attachment 921847

@Mods, sorry for the OT discussion (edit: ) and the image. Please delete this post if you feel so.
i checked that very thread and i get the same ad as above on the first page. on the second page however i get a Jabong ladies footwear ad. the ad doesn't change on the first page on revisit, but changes on the second page.

this is weird.