Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 00:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Frank,

This chain of stores called "Revolution" will take of the feminine clothes for your late night appointments.

For the day job where you need men's clothes, I see some decent suggestions already.
Old 15th June 2009, 00:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Export Surplus?
OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
This chain of stores called "Revolution" will take of the feminine clothes for your late night appointments.
ROTFLMAO!
Old 15th June 2009, 00:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yes they are but then you get what you pay for here.they have 35% off in my city right now.And in full sale season they have upto 50% off on some of the best stuff.the quality is absolutely worth the money though.The stuff actually looks the money spent and lasts very very long.few of my shirts are 4 years old and are still ready to be worn on any formal place.

But one thing is there.Once you get used to the pringle quality you'll actually start looking for faults in other labels.just so that you can splurge on pringle.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:10   #19
BHPian

He.. He.. Nice thread Frank. Can somebody make a list of shops to summarize it. I want to go Shopping.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ss-thread.html

Haha, sorry sorry, just kidding.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

I get majority of the stuff from US.. Indian option is pluss, but somehow their quality is so-so excluding the accessories which are excellent. try fashion street! :-)
Old 15th June 2009, 12:06   #22
BHPian

If you guys need t-shirts let me know. Majority of the US spec t-shirts we manufacture start at XL and go all the way till 7XL

Also try from sourcing lines like Ecko, Phat Farm etc., these are routinely large size t-shirts.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:03   #23
BANNED

Ok - for the guys who ask us to go body building and visit the tailoring shops - here is the problems.

Will body building reduce my footwear size from 10 to something more manageable? Of course, I need to buy hush puppies / quo vadis, Not all Bata stores outside the big cities in Kerala carry my size footwear. But what do I wear in the rains? Even bata's other foot wear brands do not feel comfortable in my size. And often, the only difference between size 9 and 10 is only in length, not the width. (my problem is wide feet, not just size).

Wife too has extra wide feet, and tall. (for me, that is ;-) ) Typical female sizes do not fit her; or are high heeled.

Good readywear shirts have 3 inch wide cuffs. Even the best tailors skimp on this, and give at best 1 1/2 inch wide cuffs. My size is 42-44; and do not (yet) use readywear pants, so it is not really a problem so far.

But brother in law is always in trouble - he needs 46 size shirts, and formal wear is often very expensive, and casuals are too garish for his taste.

And not all designs are available in our sizes.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:11   #24
BHPian

I guess in Bangalore this is not a problem. Here we have this export surplus or export reject sales at some places (They seem to have increased after recession set in), and you always find lot of good XL sized clothes of very good brands there, and I go like this while trying to find something in size M.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

I will say the obvious. Lose weight. It can be done. I know of people who have lost 20-30 kilos. I am one of them and it is staying off, too.

Tailors will fix you up until you make the correct decision to get healthy.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Franky started a thread on Xtra large size clothes too ? Lately I am getting busier by running between franky threads all over. One side its clothes, then you have ICE, Rust on wheels, Tires, Fiesta Cargasm, I lost counting. Is there a thread on XXtra LL chaddi too ?

Sorry franky, welcome to the body building thread. You will find a proper way to rip your Fiesta baby and flex your muscles too !!
Old 1st September 2009, 13:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I have been looking for stores in MUMBAI that stock good stylish clothes for plus sized people (like me) and I have thus far been unsuccessful.
I can suggest you some stores in Bangalore. I saw one exclusive store in Cosmos Mall, Whitefield for PLUS size males and females. I think it is there in Garuda Mall too.

If you happen to visit Bangalore (You can test-drive you Fiesta S to Bangalore, Many people have done that DEL-BANGY-DEL) you can get many options here.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Will body building reduce my footwear size from 10 to something more manageable? Of course, I need to buy hush puppies / quo vadis, Not all Bata stores outside the big cities in Kerala carry my size footwear. But what do I wear in the rains? Even bata's other foot wear brands do not feel comfortable in my size.
I can understand. What about me, with a size 11? Have tough time getting footwear.

I get my pants stitched and my shop still stocks the shirts of my size! Then I am not fussy with clothes.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Frankinicestein.... How about Bangkok?? Clothes there are pretty cheap and I know for a fact you get good stuff.
90% of the Bangkok clothing is not available in XL. And the L is something even I have trouble getting into. There are however some stores that sell 'hip-hop clothing'. Frank will easily fit into most of these. A Rolex, a few gold chains and spinners on his Fiesta should complete the look.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

This thread is becoming very interesting ! Everyone shows their interest in how to do a 'makeover' on Franky, the fiesta man. I am absolutely sure, you will find plenty of shops of XXXL category in South Africa too, because majority of people there are 3 times of Franky's size. One of my friends had gifted me a T-shirt of L size when he came for vacation, I look like an 'AFTER' candidate of Herbalife ad when I wear it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks