Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 01:07   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alternative Medicine / Treatment Options

Any good recomendations to CURE haemmoroids? I have been having this and i take isabgol for relief. A cure would be great!

Maddy
Old 1st October 2015, 16:20   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Any good recomendations to CURE haemmoroids? I have been having this and i take isabgol for relief. A cure would be great!

Maddy
Find a good homeopath. Its not just placebo, it works. If you were in Hyderabad, I could have referred you to the one I am visiting since last 1.5 years.

And before settling for one, do check if the medicines he uses is of German make or Kolkata/Ghaziabad made. Made in Germany has no match (forget about VW for a while )
Old 1st October 2015, 19:29   #258
BHPian

I suffer from allergic rhinitis which causes me to react to dust and pollution with uncontrolled sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, breathing difficulty.

Breathing difficulty is now transforming to asthma/bronchitis.

I have been consulting doctors who prescribed the inhalers and anti allergic drugs, but these need to be continued regularly to subdue the condition.

Does anyone here have any experience on salt therapy? Frankly I have only recently started seeing the ads for salt therapy and wanted to know if it is effective.

Fordday.
Old 21st December 2015, 14:53   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
.. If you were in Hyderabad, I could have referred you to the one I am visiting since last 1.5 years.
IUNKWN .. have been looking for a homeopath in Hyderabad, let me know your preferred one!
Old 21st December 2015, 16:29   #260
Senior - BHPian

If atlernative medicine shows effective non-random results (which proves the cause and effect relationship to a statistical significance), then why are they called alternative?

In other words, what is about the "allopathic" medicine that makes it different from "alternative" ones? Please note I am talking ONLY about the concoction/chemical/compound called the medicine.

Please don't bog me down with statements like allopathy cures only symptoms. Sorry, it is not the medicine, but the doctor who does this.

Last edited by alpha1 : 21st December 2015 at 16:30.
Old 21st December 2015, 17:21   #261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alternative Medicine/Treatment options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
With the onset of swelling on the right knee, we first consulted an Orthopedic doctor. After 3-4 weeks of treatment without any effect on the symptoms, he prescribed us to get some tests done (HLA-B27, RA, ESR etc.). RA was diagnosed at this stage and he referred us to a Rheumatologist.
Goes the same way always. First visit is the Ortho who later refers to a Rheumatologist. But Arthritis is mostly detected at an early age - around early 30s and late 30s max. Mainly because this is blood related and is almost always inherited. It is with the patient by birth.

Quote:
The patient experienced almost no relief. The continuous progression of the disease worried us and we consulted another (claimed to be more reputed) Rheumatologist for a second opinion. Similar prescription, similar approach, similar result.
You must be referring to Dr. Arvind Chopra. He is a very renowned doctor and I myself consulted him. For the number of patients he receives everyday from across country, he restricts himself to the new Patients only. From what I gathered in my short conversation with him, there are 150 types of Arthritis and the primary hurdle is identifying the type, which he does and also prescribes accordingly. All follow ups are done by his assistants.

Needless to say I did not go for a follow up for 2 reasons
One - He wont be attending any more
Two - One has to reach there at morning 6:30-7 am to stand a chance to come out by 3-4 pm.

But I found him immensely knowledgeable and helpful. My Ortho (who is himself quite renowned) opined to RA but referred me to him as well. He diagnosed it to Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Quote:
We wonder that neither the Orthopedic surgeon (who was the first one to realize that this is RA) nor the two Rheumatologists told us about the possible ways of progression of this disease or about the potential pains and trouble. No one warned us. We are disappointed with this.
Actually I do not think any Dr would warn the patients beforehand on the ways the disease would progress and at what rate.

Quote:
A Homeopath from Pune has claimed that he can cure her RA completely in around 1.5 years provided she takes his medicine continuously. That is why I am asking:
  1. Is Homeopathy useful in Rheumatoid Arthritis?
  2. Can Homeopathy cure this disease?
  3. Are there any recent advances in the Allopathy about treatment of RA?
  4. Where can we find the best Doctor and treatment for RA? Who has the best expertise and resources to treat (and cure) RA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
  1. Homeopathy is very useful is RA. Immensely. Undoubtedly. Proved with double blinded clincial trials too.
  2. No. Homeopathy cannot cure this disease. No pathy can.
  3. There aren't many that have shown efficacy without doubt. Chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine are some of the best bets that they have. Apart from NSAIDs ofcourse.
  4. Ideally, you need a combination of a good Rhuematologist, a good Homeopath & a Great Physiotherapist. It's a team effort. Contrary to what you would like to believe - there is no CURE.

I hope I have answered your queries.
I tried Homeopathy from a Dr of very very high repute from Mumbai, She is more like a family doctor at my In Laws. I tried it for more than a year before realizing it is not effective on me and stopped.

In fact after stopping Homeopathy, the pain attacks are much less frequent and of low intensity. Whenever there are pain attacks, I take NSAIDS for a couple of days. These reduce the inflammation and I am back to normal in a week.

Having said that, Homeopathy from the same Dr has been very helpful for someone I know of, suffering from RA. So maybe it is not effective on everybody.

But, Arthritis cannot be cured, only subdued/controlled.
I accepted this fact long back. Also do not google anything on it. I did when I was first diagnosed with it, when even my health insurance application was rejected for this sole reason. Stuff you read online is much scary than what your situation warrants.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 21st December 2015 at 17:24.
Old 21st December 2015, 20:02   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
If atlernative medicine shows effective non-random results (which proves the cause and effect relationship to a statistical significance), then why are they called alternative?
Your question has been answered by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/208063372200128512

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Please don't bog me down with statements like allopathy cures only symptoms. Sorry, it is not the medicine, but the doctor who does this.
This thread is about sharing treatment options and not questioning the veracity of treatment. Even faith healing can be discussed here since lots of people vouch for that. So leave it be. - Support Team

Old 26th December 2015, 00:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alternative Medicine/Treatment options

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Mainly because this is blood related and is almost always inherited. It is with the patient by birth.

I accepted this fact long back. Also do not google anything on it. I did when I was first diagnosed with it, when even my health insurance application was rejected for this sole reason. Stuff you read online is much scary than what your situation warrants.
If RA is there with the patient by birth, can we detect it early (before the onset of symptoms) for the patient's offsprings (children)?

I am surprised to see that your health insurance application was rejected because of RA. I thought that the existing illness is covered after a certain period and they do not reject the application. Can you pl throw some light?
Old 26th December 2015, 12:44   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If RA is there with the patient by birth, can we detect it early (before the onset of symptoms) for the patient's offsprings (children)?

I am surprised to see that your health insurance application was rejected because of RA. I thought that the existing illness is covered after a certain period and they do not reject the application. Can you pl throw some light?
It relates to the existence of HLA-B27.
All Arthritis patients have HLA-B27 but not all people having HLA-B27 suffer from Arthritis.

Hence It is best left to be diagnosed when problem occurs.

Regarding health insurance, each company has its own policies. Apollo Munich rejected mine but I got it from United India later. There is no specific treatment as such for this, but it "may" leads to different types of issues and hence the rejection.
Old 3rd January 2016, 01:06   #265
BHPian

Quote:

Maddy
Maddy
Hi.
First of all I am not a doctor.
Where are you located?
I too suffered and "niranjal phal"(5 years back it was rs 2/3 a piece) gave relief within 2/3 days.
Find a Sindhi or Gujarati kirana shop in your area and send a PM with a picture of it so I am sure that we are talking of the same thing.
Stick to taking isabgol everyday. And consume roughage. Radish works well. Pl PM or post on this thread the picture of the brand that you use. I used to take Telephone or Deer brand. If I see the box I will remember which one.
Pilenil, Siddha medicine, made in Chennai worked for me 2/3 times. After that it didnt.
Homeopathy did not work for me.
If you need any more info pl PM your name and mobile number and I will call you.
Regards
Regards
Old 9th January 2016, 20:02   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
IUNKWN .. have been looking for a homeopath in Hyderabad, let me know your preferred one!
Hey deepv, my apologies, this fell through the cracks.

I recommend Dr. Prashant Vaidya. He is available at kukatpally and dilsuknagar at spiritual homeopathy. You can also check out his ratings and reviews at Practo.
Old 9th January 2016, 20:29   #267
BHPian

Quote:

Maddy
Maddy, I was suffering with haemmoirds too about 6 months back. Taking anjeer (soaked overnight in water) every morning has helped me get rid of my constipation which was causing haemmoirds for me.

You may try it for a week and see if it helps.
Old 11th January 2016, 17:24   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
I recommend Dr. Prashant Vaidya. He is available at kukatpally and dilsuknagar at spiritual homeopathy..
Thanks IUNKWN for the reference!
The feedback looks great for him, might end up seeing him some time as most folks in my family prefer homeo.
Both his centres are equally far from my location (Somajiguda) though.
Old 11th January 2016, 20:06   #269
BHPian

I have found that taking Himalaya's Diabecon DS along with my regular diabetes medication reduces my Fasting Blood Sugar by around 30 points to around 100-110.

I started taking this on my own after reading it up on the Himalaya website. Since blood sugar levels are easily measurable at home, it was quite easy for me to determine that it works for me.

On the other hand, I later went to an outlet of a well known ayurveda pharmacy in Bangalore and the doctor there prescribed me some diabetes medication again as adjuvants. Unfortunately that had no effect on me whatsoever.

I am curious to know what ayurvedic diabetic medications Team-BHP members are on. I also wonder if someone who had FBS in the 200+ range has been successful in bringing their blood sugar down solely using ayurvedic medication.
Old 8th February 2016, 22:53   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I have found that taking Himalaya's Diabecon DS along with my regular diabetes medication reduces my Fasting Blood Sugar by around 30 points to around 100-110.

I started taking this on my own after reading it up on the Himalaya website. Since blood sugar levels are easily measurable at home, it was quite easy for me to determine that it works for me.

On the other hand, I later went to an outlet of a well known ayurveda pharmacy in Bangalore and the doctor there prescribed me some diabetes medication again as adjuvants. Unfortunately that had no effect on me whatsoever.

I am curious to know what ayurvedic diabetic medications Team-BHP members are on. I also wonder if someone who had FBS in the 200+ range has been successful in bringing their blood sugar down solely using ayurvedic medication.
Well, this may not be easy one but if you can spare time and money, do visit Patanjali Yogpeeth phase 1 in Haridwar and see Dr. Prabhat Kumar of panchakarma vibhag. Absolutely worth it. 3 in my family have been there and benefited. You might end up becoming a devotee of baba Ramdev.

Consultation is free. They charge you only for medicines. Again, medicines depend on nature of problem and how long it has been there. My fil medicines costed 3000 while for my wife they took 450 bucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks