Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Was the Apollo moon landing a hoax?
Yes 29 51.79%
No 27 48.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 20:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
So you believe that it was not a hoax because only 7% Americans think so. Can you answer to the points written in a post above, with a moon landing picture?

It was a hoax. I am not embarrassed to say that, neither do I think that it is not a mature behavior.
im not gonna pander to the peanut gallery by letting you guys mock my country's achievements. But to debunk everything, here u go: The Moon Hoax Debate or Apollo Moon landing hoax conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 21st July 2009, 20:31   #32
BHPian

an excerpt:

Some of the Apollo video shows the American flag fluttering. How can the flag flutter when there is no wind on the airless Moon?

This I find to be one of the more ridiculous observations. It is readily apparent that all the video showing a fluttering flag is one in which an astronaut is grasping the flagpole. He is obviously twisting or jostling the pole, which is making the flag move. In fact, in some video the motion of the flag is unlike anything we would see on Earth. In an atmosphere the motion of the flag would quickly dampen out due to air resistance. In some of the Apollo video we see the twisting motion of the pole resulting in a violent flapping motion in the flag with little dampening effect.

I've heard many hoax advocates claim that some of the Apollo photos show a fluttering flag. (How one can see a flag flutter in a still photograph is a mystery to me!) I can only guess that ripples and wrinkles in the flags are being perceived as wave motion. The flags were attached vertically at the pole and horizontally from a rod across the top. On some flights the astronauts did not fully extend the horizontal rod, so the flags had ripples in them. There is much video footage in which these rippled flags can be seen and, in all cases, they are motionless.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

@CaliAtenza: Sorry, but I still believe that it was all a hoax. Most of the present generation American guys are brainwashed because they grew up listening to this great story.

I wont even think about re-writing any of my DVDs containing personal data backup no matter how insignificant the data is. How the hell NASA re-recorded stuff in their moon landing Video tapes? Man.... that's really something.

Believe me, they were/are smarter than you think, on faking things up and then defending it - because they had to. Situations forced them to be too creative with this.

Now please leave the fluttering flag alone. As the hoax stories came out in the wild, too many people started coming with their own points so substantiate it, and out of all the hoax theories, all may not have valid observations - hope you got the point.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st July 2009 at 21:04.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:06   #34
BHPian

The facts:
The date of the moon landing was July 20th 1969. Two of the three astronauts, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, travelled on Apollo 16 approximately 1/4 million miles to set foot on the moon surface from the Eagle Lander. Neil Armstrong spoke the famous words "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." The 'Giant Leap for mankind' has been questioned perhaps because the Russians never sent a man to the moon and that, even nearly forty years later, there are still no American plans for a return visit.

How many Americans believe that the Moon Landing was a hoax ?

The Moon Landing Conspiracy Theorists were initially labelled as crackpots and fools but recent Market Research studies have indicated that approximately 20% of Americans now believe that there is enough cumulative evidence to suggest that man never went to the moon - that the Lunar Landing was a hoax - a fake moon landing hoax - a Conspiracy Theory

What reasons would the US Government have to fake such an event?
To answer such a question can only lie in space exploration history. The decade of the sixties was consumed by thoughts of the Cold War between Russia and the USA. The Russian launch of Sputnik terrified the USA due to the fear of nuclear annihilation. There was a real fear that the winners of the Space Race could build a Nuclear Missile Base on the Moon. Did this lead to the speculation about a Fake Moon Landing Hoax - a Conspiracy Theory?

Fact stranger than Fiction? Facts and Info
In 1978 the movie Capricorn One was released about a fake manned Mission To Mars. The movie was made for a budget of $4 Million and comparisons have been drawn between the movie and the Fake Moon Landing Hoax - the Conspiracy Theory. Area 51 is also considered in these comparisons. The Nevada Desert Terrain, where Area 51 is located has amazing similarities to the moon terrain, including craters. Satellite pictures of Area 51 indicate large hangars which are similar to Movie Sets. The secrecy surrounding area 51 adds fuel to the fire of the Fake Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy Theorists.

Can the Moon Landings ever be proved?
YES - The moon landings can be proved or exposed as the biggest fake ever perpetrated. Remnants and objects from the Missions have been left at each landing site. Close up photographs of these items will provide irrefutable proof that the Moon Landing took place. We must wait for either satellites passing near enough to the moon surface to provide such photographs or for improved technology to provide a telescope powerful enough to to provide this proof.

Its a Hoax guys
Old 21st July 2009, 21:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@CaliAtenza: Sorry, but I still believe that it was all a hoax. Most of the present generation American guys are brainwashed because they grew up listening to this great story.

I wont even think about re-writing any of my DVDs containing personal data backup no matter how insignificant the data is. How the hell NASA re-recorded stuff in their moon landing Video tapes? Man.... that's really something.

Believe me, they were/are smarter than you think, on faking things up and then defending it - because they had to. Situations forced them to be too creative with this.

Now please leave the fluttering flag alone. As the hoax stories came out in the wild, too many people started coming with their own points so substantiate it, and out of all the hoax theories, all may not have valid observations - hope you got the point.
It was the 1960's...technology wasnt as advanced as it is today. Anything could have happened with those tapes. Fine, whatever, believe its a hoax (which i think is an insult to me, other americans, those brave astronauts, and all the other men and women of NASA)...but i want you to know that i firmly believe that it was not a hoax.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
It was the 1960's...technology wasnt as advanced as it is today.
well, that's a great point to start with.
Anyway, I've to respect your belief.

@jp2u: That's some interesting points.
Old 21st July 2009, 22:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nila, nila odi vaa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
...In 1978 the movie Capricorn One was released about a fake manned Mission To Mars. ...
Excellent movie...all those who have participated in the poll of this thread should please watch this movie (if you haven't already).
Old 21st July 2009, 22:39   #38
BANNED

It's a hoax. No doubt about it. Same with the 9/11.
Old 22nd July 2009, 02:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, I can't believe that we are so gullible or we can stoop so low to demean other's achievement. Great going guys, I'm proud of you. I really find all this to be very insulting and demeaning to great scientific minds and those brave astronauts.

About few of them, say stars not visible, dude, have ever tried taking a photograph of a starlit night? Try it and let me know at what shutter speed you are able to get the stars in your sensor/film.
Nevada having similar landscape to the Moon, well, go to Ladakh and you'll find some more such moonscapes and that doesn't prove that they didn't do it.
Stones that are brought back are similar to arctic or wherever stones. Any idea how the moon got created in the first place? Read about it and you'll get your answer why the stones are similar.
And about many other mistakes like fluttering, shadow,flares(yes they are call lens flares) etc I would like to say that NASA scientists are much more intelligent then any of us here and if they wanted to made a bluff then won't make these kind of silly mistakes for sure.
And about that movie, now from when have started taking movies as proof to something? That really beats my imagination.
Anyway, once someone's eyes are painted with dis-belief it's difficult to make them believe. So carry on with your America bashing, that's all we can do.
Old 22nd July 2009, 04:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was the Apollo moon landing a hoax?
Yes.
--
But I thought there are thousands of scientists et al worked on this moon landing program,right?So ,what happened to them?
Old 22nd July 2009, 05:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
It's a hoax. No doubt about it. Same with the 9/11.
exactly, all the videos and images look doctored. I mean, how many times have you seen a building crash vertically into itself.
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Gosh, I can't believe that we are so gullible or we can stoop so low to demean other's achievement. Great going guys, I'm proud of you. I really find all this to be very insulting and demeaning to great scientific minds and those brave astronauts.

About few of them, say stars not visible, dude, have ever tried taking a photograph of a starlit night? Try it and let me know at what shutter speed you are able to get the stars in your sensor/film.
Nevada having similar landscape to the Moon, well, go to Ladakh and you'll find some more such moonscapes and that doesn't prove that they didn't do it.
Stones that are brought back are similar to arctic or wherever stones. Any idea how the moon got created in the first place? Read about it and you'll get your answer why the stones are similar.
And about many other mistakes like fluttering, shadow,flares(yes they are call lens flares) etc I would like to say that NASA scientists are much more intelligent then any of us here and if they wanted to made a bluff then won't make these kind of silly mistakes for sure.
And about that movie, now from when have started taking movies as proof to something? That really beats my imagination.
Anyway, once someone's eyes are painted with dis-belief it's difficult to make them believe. So carry on with your America bashing, that's all we can do.
finally someone else in this thread with some sanity. This thread was created with the sole intention of bashing America and its achievements, why i dunno :(
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to vote,

i feel that it is a small step for a human, but a great leap for the mankind (as some one great said )
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:15   #44
Team-BHP Support

Moon landing a hoax? OF course. Santa Claus and tooth fairy are real, but moon landing is a hoax, everybody knows that.
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Has it ever occurred to you why some of the conspiracy theories are so silly and easy to defend? Fluttering flag, starts etc... Think about it..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks