Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Was the Apollo moon landing a hoax?
Yes 29 51.79%
No 27 48.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:55   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Where did you get that piece of supposition from ? Please verify such statements before posting here.

Michael Collins is the name of the third person, and i dont remember coming across any reports of him dying under mysterious circumstances.
Don't want to create any controversy here. I remember reading it somewhere, that's why I mentioned it. I don't remember the source, so I can't provide any evidence. If anyone has some info they may provide it, till then everyone can ignore my statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
3 guys on Apollo 11 mission - Neil Armstrong , Buzz Aldrin & Michael_Collins

Neil Armstrong was chosen to be the one to step on moon first by the mission bosses. Some say, it was because he was less egoistic of the 3.

Anyway Buzz Aldrin is center may be because he charges less for speaking or interviews (just guessing ). Or its all to with their personality.
Thanks for the info. I just thought the 3 should have got equal credit for their acheivement (or so called acheivement as I consider it).
Old 26th July 2009, 09:54   #92
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Moon Landing being a hoax is a whole theory that has been repeatedly discussed and dusted.
I only ask one question,40 yrs since Apollo 11 landed on so called moon,why havent US sent another spacecraft or any other country try this? The answer is obvious.It is not possible.Hence Moon shot was a total hoax.
why havent the US sent another spacecraft ? How to answer this, it seems like your knowledge is very sketchy at best and totally outdated since there have been 5 more subsequent moon landings and 12 people have walked upon the surface of the moon
  • Apollo 11 - landed 20 July, 1969
  • Apollo 12 - landed 19 November, 1969
  • Apollo 14 - landed 5 February, 1971
  • Apollo 15 - landed 30 July, 1971
  • Apollo 16 - landed 20 April, 1972
  • Apollo 17 - landed 11 December, 1972
the people who have walked on the moon

Apollo 11 - Neil Armstrong; Buzz Aldrin
Apollo 12 - Pete Conrad; Alan Bean
Apollo 13 - is famous for not getting there and the heroic efforts needed to save the crew.there was an explosion in space causing the craft to lose oxygen - it just barely made it back without a landing

Apollo 14 - Alan Shepard; Edgar Mitchell
Apollo 15 - David Scott; James Irwin
Apollo 16 - John W. Young; Charles Duke
Apollo 17 - Eugene Cernan; Harrison Schmitt

since then also the space shuttle came about and was launched multiple times including to put most of the satellites that you view your TV broadcasts from into orbit as well as the hubble telescope and also the Russian collaboration with America to put the MIR space station into orbit to investigate the effects fo long term space occupancy

so yep ...... you guessed it, not only the US but Russia have also sent many other spacecraft into space, for example the space station is a collaboration of 15 different countries

as for other countries to land on the moon, it is very expensive to do this and requires hardware that will only work once and get thrown away so why try to reinvent the wheel when you know its already at a usable shape and a square is not going to work (BTW - thats a metaphor if you havent already figured it out). You need to look forward instead of back and since the moon landings have already been done you need to advance beyond it instead of going backward to a point 40 years ago. just for your information they are planning a manned mission toward mars which will take months of journeying in space and it might not land a person there but there will be people going to orbit the planet of that we can be sure since the space station occupancy has already told us about how people will react over these long journeys

if you think that lunar landings are not possible then my good friend i think you are indeed incorrect and totally out of date, i suppose you still travel to work with a horse and cart

Old 28th July 2009, 01:11   #93
BHPian

I am searching the web for past 6 years

Respected BHPians,I and my friends heard about this hoax nearly six years ago.We did spend lot of time searching the net and reading the sites both opposing and supporting the Hoax theory.There are many sites supporting the Hoax theory and NASA,National Geography,some news channels opposing it.We were neutral,just want to guess what is true?
It is wounderful to see this debate on Team-BHP,as we can share our personal as well as specailist view(if anyone have) in this niche Indian forum.
It is very easy to beleive and support that those three men landed on moon.But,it is very difficult to proove that was a partial or complete hoax against such big name NASA and United states.
Now,in this thread,I will take the side of supporters of Apollo Hoax Theory.
I will just request to all the BHPians who are against or for the theory,please take it as a complete educational debate-do not attack anyone personally and give reference of what ever you write here.
From the next posts I will write for the Hoax theory with site/book reference.
Old 28th July 2009, 01:25   #94
BHPian

The rock with marked with c -my first point

This is my first post for the Hoax theory.
I will fire the bombs one by one.
I am citing the site from where I got the picture.The Apollo Hoax

Now,who are against the Hoax theory,give your explanations against it with site/book references.
About the picture
"Why does this rock have a letter 'C' on it? There is also a 'C' on the ground in front of the rock. The use of the letter C on film props is well known by the people in Hollywood and is used to show where the centre of the scene should be."
Attached Images

Old 28th July 2009, 10:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

It is not just 3 men 24 in all

Before this interesting debate on hoax or not progresses I would like to remind pro-hoax people that it was not just original 3 , Actually there were multiple moon missions last one in 1972 . Total 24 astronauts prepared for moon landings and 12 actually landed.
Two of the missions Appolo 7 and 9 were aborted and astronauts never landed on moon.

Out of these 24 , 18 are still living and 6 are dead. Harrison Schimit was last man to walk on moon as we belive.

So if it is a hoax it has to be sustainable hoax from 1969 to 1972 and there are 3 fatalities involved in a training mission which was renamed as Appolo 1 later on .

So hoax theory means NASA sacrificed 3 people of make Appolo missions more believable and then aborted two missions from Low earth orbits just to make the story more convincing.

By the way a little bit more googeling can provide counterarguments for hoax as well for example the flag was on a rod and deleberately not streached out to give a ripple effect or the temrature was not that drastically low etc.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:45   #96
BHPian

Deaths of key people involved with the Apollo program

This content is copied from Was The Apollo Moon Landing Fake?
"In a television program about the hoax theory, Fox Entertainment Group listed the deaths of 10 astronauts and of two civilians related to the manned spaceflight program as having possibly been killings as part of a coverup.
Ted Freeman (T-38 crash, 1964)
Elliott See and Charlie Bassett (T-38 accident, 1966)
Virgil "Gus" Grissom (supposedly an outspoken critic of the Space Program) (Apollo 1 fire, January 1967)
Ed White (Apollo 1 fire, January 1967)
Roger Chaffee (Apollo 1 fire, January 1967)
Ed Givens (car accident, 1967)
C. C. Williams (T-38 accident, October 1967)
X-15 pilot Mike Adams (the only X-15 pilot killed in November 1967 during the X-15 flight test program - not a NASA astronaut, but had flown X-15 above 50 miles).
Robert Lawrence, scheduled to be an Air Force Manned Orbiting Laboratory pilot who died in a jet crash in December 1967, shortly after reporting for duty to that (later cancelled) program.
NASA worker Thomas Baron Train crash, 1967 shortly after making accusations before Congress about the cause of the Apollo 1 fire, after which he was fired. Ruled as suicide.
Paul Jacobs, a private investigator from San Francisco, interviewed the head of the US Department of Geology in Washington about the 'moon rocks'. Did you examine the Moon rocks, did they really come from the Moon? Jacobs asked - the geologist did not respond, only laughed. Paul Jacobs and his wife died from cancer within 90 days.
Lee Gelvani claims to have almost convinced James Irwin, an Apollo 15 astronaut whom Gelvani referred to as an "informant", to confess about a cover-up having occurred. Irwin was supposedly going to contact Kaysing about it; however he died of a heart attack in 1991, before any such telephone call occurred.

Spacecraft testing and flying high performance jet aircraft can be dangerous, and all but one of the astronaut deaths (Irwin's) were directly related to their rather hazardous job. Two of the astronauts, Mike Adams and Robert Lawrence, had no connection with the civilian manned space program. Astronaut James Irwin had suffered several heart attacks in the years prior to his death. There is no independent confirmation of Gelvani's claim that Irwin was about to come forward. Moreover, if there was a coverup (that the Apollo 11 and subsequent landings were faked), the coverup would logically have occurred in 1969 and subsequent years - yet all of the deaths listed above occurred in 1967 or earlier." Apollo Moon landing hoax conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 1st September 2009, 14:34   #97
BHPian

So here it is from the horse's mouth..

Conspiracy Theorist Convinces Neil Armstrong Moon Landing Was Faked | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

LEBANON, OHIO—Apollo 11 mission commander and famed astronaut Neil Armstrong shocked reporters at a press conference Monday, announcing he had been convinced that his historic first step on the moon was part of an elaborate hoax orchestrated by the United States government.
According to Armstrong, he was forced to reconsider every single detail of the monumental journey after watching a few persuasive YouTube videos, and reading several blog posts on conspiracy theorist Ralph Coleman's website, OmissionControl.org.
"It only took a few hastily written paragraphs published by this passionate denier of mankind's so-called 'greatest technological achievement' for me to realize I had been living a lie, " said a visibly emotional Armstrong, addressing reporters at his home. "It has become painfully clear to me that on July 20, 1969, the Lunar Module under the control of my crew did not in fact travel 250,000 miles over eight days, touch down on the moon, and perform various experiments, ushering in a new era for humanity. Instead, the entire thing was filmed on a soundstage, most likely in New Mexico."
"This is the only logical interpretation of the numerous inconsistencies in the grainy, 40-year-old footage," Armstrong added.
Enlarge Image Amstrong was swayed by OmissionControl's use of bolding and capital letters to highlight NASA's many blatant fallacies.

Although Armstrong said he "could have sworn" he felt the effects of zero gravity while soaring out of the Earth's atmosphere and through space, he now believed his memory must be flawed. He also admitted feeling "ashamed" that he had failed to notice the rippling of the American flag he and Buzz Aldrin planted on the surface, blaming his lack of awareness on the bulkiness of the spacesuit and his excitement about traveling to the "moon."
"That rippling is not possible in the vacuum of space," Armstrong said. "It must have been the wind from an air-conditioning duct that I didn't recognize because you can't hear a damn thing inside those helmets."
"This is all just common sense, people," he added. "It's the moon. You can't land on the moon."
In a symbolic display of his newfound skepticism, Armstrong then grabbed a collection of moon rocks he had kept as souvenirs and dramatically dumped them into a trash can.
One of the main arguments posited on Coleman's website—that America could not, in 1969, have realistically possessed the technological capabilities needed to put a man on the moon—was reportedly one of the first things to cause the legendary astronaut a pang of doubt. Despite having spent thousands of hours training for the historic mission under the guidance of the world's top scientists, technicians, and pilots, Armstrong said he knew the conspiracy theories were true after learning that website author Coleman was "quite the engineering buff."
"Yes, at the time I thought those thousands of NASA employees were working round the clock for the same incredible goal, but if anyone would know what was really going on, it would be Ralph Coleman," Armstrong said of the 31-year-old part-time librarian's assistant. "He knows a lot more about faked moon landings than I ever could. He's been researching the subject on the Internet for years."
"Literally years," he added.
Addressing another inconsistency brought to light by OmissionControl, Armstrong explained he was probably so focused on piloting the lunar module that he failed to notice that one of the moon rocks visible in footage of the landing appears to have the letter 'C' stamped on it. An emotional Armstrong said that the only possible explanation for this detail was that the rock actually came from NASA's prop department.
"They forgot to turn it over," Armstrong said, removing his eyeglasses to wipe away tears. "Those lying *******s at NASA went through all the trouble to fake the moon landing, but they forgot to turn over one little prop rock. And now the whole damn thing's blowing up in their faces."
Although Armstrong initially questioned why the U.S. would attempt such an elaborate cover-up, he cited one overarching explanation provided by Coleman: that it was a ploy to defeat the Soviet Union and fulfill the Illuminati's plan to unify the world's banks and control the dissemination of information.
"Just ask Ralph Coleman," Armstrong said. "He'll answer any questions you have."
To conclude the press conference, Armstrong showed reporters footage of his first steps on the moon to demonstrate that the most daming evidence was "right under our noses." Speeding up the tape and replaying the graceful moonwalk several times in a row, Armstrong explained that the iconic images of humanity's triumphant dance with the cosmos was actually just a film of him walking backwards, slowed down, and played in reverse.
"What other explanation could there be?" Armstrong asked. "It's all right here. Everything is all right here if you'd just open your damn eyes and see!"
Added Armstrong, "I suppose it really was one small step for man, one giant lie for mankind."

Source Courtesy: theonion.com
Old 1st September 2009, 14:39   #98
Team-BHP Support

I love The Onion.

please understand what the Onion is.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:42   #99
BANNED

Neil Armstrong has a sense of Humour. ROTFL.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:44   #100
Senior - BHPian

ROFL! Sarcasm is becoming a rare commodity. Even rarer is its recognition!!
Old 1st September 2009, 15:00   #101
BANNED

NASA Moon landing is real there is no DOUBT about it.
But some loosers are setting up websites and spreading wrong information to confuse some people.
Old 1st September 2009, 17:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

Neil Armstrong rocks man!! ROFL.
But I'm sure many must missed the joke and take his sarcasm literally. Someone please forward this to Aaj-Tak, they'll make it a breaking a news.
Old 1st September 2009, 17:17   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Sarcasm is becoming a rare commodity. Even rarer is its recognition!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
But I'm sure many must missed the joke and take his sarcasm literally. .
Question is who to recognize? Neil or Onion?
Old 1st September 2009, 17:26   #104
BHPian

After watching soo many documentories on Discovery channel and the likes, I too think it was all a big Scam, if they could go there 40 years ago, then why din't they go there again in the next 40 years, considering the tecnological developments, by now it should have been a cakewalk.
Old 1st September 2009, 17:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
After watching soo many documentories on Discovery channel and the likes, I too think it was all a big Scam, if they could go there 40 years ago, then why din't they go there again in the next 40 years, considering the tecnological developments, by now it should have been a cakewalk.

Umm.. maybe because they realised that its not worth the risk of sending humans now that there are robots that can do the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks