Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

@prkothan, congrats for your new purchase!
Well, I started this thread enquiring about Parryware/Hindware/Cera. Let me update:
I ended up buying Johnson Milano wallmounts; reason? purely for the looks.

All line fittings are JaQuar (no jaguars here, pals). Also installed a Sintex solar heater (100 lit.model).
I am not concerned about hardwater; it is not applicable for me.

I bought a Faber hood and a glass hob as bundled. The sink is "Anupam", which is again a bundled package with mixer tap, soap dispenser etc.

The work is still going on, so I havent used any of these yet.
Old 8th March 2010, 19:10   #17
BHPian

Sandeep,

Could you share some feedback about Faber hood, and particularly, about the glass hob? Which models did you choose?

I heard that glass hob is difficult to clean, and it is possible that the water may seep in, damaging the circuitry. Is that true?

Thanks in advance,
Sameer.
Old 8th March 2010, 19:49   #18
BHPian

For sanitary wares, I would suggest to go for the ones which has the basic knob model flush rather than the fancy ones having push buttons. I bought expensive models from Hindware (ranging from 10k-14k) and the flush button never works continuously for a couple of months. There are constant problem like water leaking, flush buttons not working etc,. I find the base model with have a exterior knob to flush work without issues. These problems applicable when the water the hard water.
Old 9th March 2010, 15:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I got Jaguar line of bathroom fittings with swan necks to suit the glass wash bowls in all my bathrooms. After just about 4 years they started showing signs of rust.

My recommendations if you live in a place where water is salty ( usually apartments having borewell water), stick to the in-expensive brands which has good looks and be ready to change them in about 3-4 years.

Trust me, you'll save a bag of moolah
Old 9th March 2010, 15:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Sharing my 2 cents of experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My recommendations if you live in a place where water is salty (usually apartments having borewell water), stick to the in-expensive brands which has good looks and be ready to change them in about 3-4 years.
^^^ Very true; I'd an obsession with Jaquar & bought a wash tap for Rs 600, after a year, I'd to replace a washer inside to stop the leak, couldn't find a washer & foolishly went on to buy another one; after an year found rust & the parts were so tight that I was unable to open them; finally went to parryware after they assuring me that they can supply washers; now its 4 or 5th year, no rust, no leaks, no washer change (surprise), only periodic clean required due to the salt sediments.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:21   #21
BHPian

re: All about Bathroom fittings and plumbing

Guys any inputs on a brand called Euro? There is a single piece commode for 12,500 but it looks reallly good.
Old 16th August 2012, 11:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Just a caution: There is a chance that seconds material (30% of the produce) is passed on to unsuspecting buyers in sanitaryware. I cant comment on the high end stuff, but true with regular models.
I was of the opinion that Hindware closets are pretty bad. I had 3 of them in my newly bought house and all 3 of them had the same problem ie: when you flush, it just doesnt flush out the stuff, rather it just remains swaying inside until you take a bucket of water and pour into the closet. This was very disgusting. I changed one in the master bedroom attached toilet with a different model of Hindware (due to the fact that it was a wall mounted one and the fittings were not required to be changed) The new one flushes properly but the quality is not that good as i need to pour sanifresh/domex to clear the traces that stick to the sides (probably due to the bad quality of the ceramic)

Just my observation
Old 24th March 2013, 22:30   #23
BHPian

Anyone here heard of the brand "Baths".i want to buy a mixer for my new loo and was thinking of going for jaquar but got to know similiar/exact designs which are in jaquar,same we are getting it from "baths" brand for almost half the price.And Ahe finish also very good.Any advise will be appreciated.

www.Bathsfitting.com

Last edited by lancer_maniac : 24th March 2013 at 22:31.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:01   #24
BHPian

If you value quality and durability, go with established brands. Jaguar is an established brand and has had good reputation for many years now. Never heard of Baths brand untill now.
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
@prkothan, congrats for your new purchase!
Well, I started this thread enquiring about Parryware/Hindware/Cera. Let me update:
I ended up buying Johnson Milano wallmounts; reason? purely for the looks.

All line fittings are JaQuar (no jaguars here, pals). Also installed a Sintex solar heater (100 lit.model).
I am not concerned about hardwater; it is not applicable for me.

I bought a Faber hood and a glass hob as bundled. The sink is "Anupam", which is again a bundled package with mixer tap, soap dispenser etc.

The work is still going on, so I havent used any of these yet.
In the same boat now! I am particularly interested in H R Johnson -- ceramics, especially WCs, and bath fittings. Seems to fit my range and choice. Can you share how it has stood up over the years, any leakage or rusting issues?! I am also thinking of Jaquar, ESSESS and Parryware. Any advice is welcome.
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
In the same boat now! I am particularly interested in H R Johnson -- ceramics, especially WCs, and bath fittings. Seems to fit my range and choice. Can you share how it has stood up over the years, any leakage or rusting issues?! I am also thinking of Jaquar, ESSESS and Parryware. Any advice is welcome.
My house was "warmed" on 26 Aug 2009..

Absolutely no complaints about Johnson and Jaquar. The Faber hob's self-igniting mechanism has gone kaput and a rat got trapped inside their kitchen hood, forcing us to dismantle it.

I am not a keen watcher of bath fittings anymore, but I think I must ask you to take a look at Kohler also. I've seen and used these in a Goan resort last month and the quality and finish are awesome.
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:21   #27
BHPian

Just in case it helps anyone:
Jaquar is very good. Where I stay the water has some mud particles and hence I see that these may need to be serviced every year or two and Jaquar is good in service.

Another local (unbranded) tap died in about 2 years. Another thing is, with the Jaquar, even after 3 years, the feel of the tap is as good as new. So, definitely, I recommend Jaquar - and perhaps other brands are also as good.

Faber's self igniting mechanism is fine except for one of them. However, the mechanism is such that pressing any of knobs generates sparks on all 4 burners. So, even if one of the switches is not working, can always ignite via other knobs. Still, the point is, I have heard about Faber's delicate switch mechanism from others too - but apart from this, the thing is fabulous.

Kohler's WC's are good. So, the difference between different WC's are mainly the look and the "feel". The Kohler's seem to have a softer seat, feels less plasticky!
Old 3rd June 2014, 13:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Absolutely no complaints about Johnson and Jaquar. The Faber hob's self-igniting mechanism has gone kaput and a rat got trapped inside their kitchen hood, forcing us to dismantle it.

I am not a keen watcher of bath fittings anymore, but I think I must ask you to take a look at Kohler also.
Thanx! One good thing I noticed about Johnson and Kohler is that that they list priced on the website. I've heard of substantial discounts, yet the listing gives a clear idea of what budget we should be prepared for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Just in case it helps anyone:
Jaquar is very good. Where I stay the water has some mud particles and hence I see that these may need to be serviced every year or two and Jaquar is good in service.

Another local (unbranded) tap died in about 2 years. Another thing is, with the Jaquar, even after 3 years, the feel of the tap is as good as new. So, definitely, I recommend Jaquar - and perhaps other brands are also as good.

Faber's self igniting mechanism is fine except for one of them. However, the mechanism is such that pressing any of knobs generates sparks on all 4 burners. So, even if one of the switches is not working, can always ignite via other knobs. Still, the point is, I have heard about Faber's delicate switch mechanism from others too - but apart from this, the thing is fabulous.

Kohler's WC's are good. So, the difference between different WC's are mainly the look and the "feel". The Kohler's seem to have a softer seat, feels less plasticky!
Thanx @deep! My brother's apartment is fitted with Jaquar, and has held out well for the last four years inspite of the poor quality of water. I shall have a look at Kohler too. The interest in Johnson was just that they seem to supply everything, bath fittings, ceramics, tiles and kitchen. Shall update this thread with my experience.
Old 3rd January 2016, 02:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Bumping an old thread, as earlier threads discussing brands are very old, reviews/opinions may not be applicable now.

Looking for all things bathroom. Which brands are better for sanitary/ceramic ware? Parryware/Hindware/Cera/any other? Inclined towards Parryware as their closet at least is bit cheaper than equivalent Hindware. But what about quality and durability? What about other fittings like wash basins, mixers, showers taps, etc? Have heard that low end Jaquar fittings are not durable. Is that true? If not Jaquar then what? Do cockroach trap drains really work?

Not looking for very expensive stuff. But looking for durable and maintenance free stuff. Any advice would be appreciated, as have to finalise in a day.

Last edited by Raccoon : 3rd January 2016 at 02:59.
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:30   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Parryware/Hindware/Cera/any other? Inclined towards Parryware as their closet at least is bit cheaper than equivalent Hindware. But what about quality and durability?
Kohler has a great range and at very competitive prices , some of the models are cheaper than domestic competitors , absolutely no issues on quality / durability . Even if you have to factor little higher budget overall will suggest you to opt for this brand going by my personal experience.

Most Viewed