Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2017, 16:01   #61
BHPian

re: All about Bathroom fittings and plumbing

I bought this from Amazon. Placed a call to Kent and they sent a person to install the unit the next day. Installation was free.

I regenerate every week or so. No indication whatsoever regarding this. They say every 150 - 200 liters. When I feel that the water quality if down, I go for regen. After the regen, the water tastes 'sweet'. Not much of a hassle doing the regen. They have given the instructions and thats pretty clear.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th July 2019 at 10:36. Reason: Spacing
Old 18th March 2017, 04:50   #62
BHPian

Looking to the TeamBHP community for some expert help/advice!

I have a two piece (also called close coupled), floor mounted Hindware EWC (commode) - this model

It Has the dreaded problem that it simply does not flush the waste matter. It just dumps some water in the bowl and things swirl around in it but do not wash down.
You have to pour water into it seperately to flush it, totally defeats purpose of Flush tank.

It also has a badly designed dual flush button system that gets stuck and wastes water by leakage.

This is for a brand new apartment in bangalore provided by builder.

Is this a problem with this particular piece or is there a flaw in the design. Could there be anything done to rectify it?

If not, Can members pl suggest a WC option that is guaranteed to perform well. The flat is used by seniors who cannot lift buckets to flush each time.

The solution needs to be a floor mounted WC, and also the flush tank cannot be wall mounted at higher height since there is a window behind the WC.

I have previously got good experience with standard (this kind) WC of hindware attached to a Commander watertech cistern.

(On another note:
I am also looking to find commander watertech products in bangalore, and have been unsuccessful. Even the numbers given on their official website do not work.
If anyone knows where I can source their products in Bangalore then pl let me know.)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th June 2017 at 21:47. Reason: typo corrected
Old 18th March 2017, 06:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazd View Post
The link you sent shows a 'S' trap unit, but first please check if the waste goes out through the floor or through the wall (P Trap)

If you do want to change to another brand you will have to find a unit whose waste opening matches the Hindware unit you have. You will also have to check if the replacement unit will fit in the space provided. Any half decent Sanitaryware shop should be able to give you the info.

Quote:
This is for a brand new apartment in bangalore provide by builder.
If brand new (within a year), the builder should deal with the problem.

Quote:
I am also looking to find commander watertech products in bangalore, and have been unsuccessful. Even the numbers given on their official website do not work.
If anyone knows where I can source their products in Bangalore then pl let me know.)
If you do a google search of Hindware dealers in Bangalore you have several company run Galleria's that pop up. You could ask them.

Last edited by keroo1099 : 18th March 2017 at 06:55.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 19:23   #64
BHPian

Team BHP has a thread for pretty much everything under the roof. It doesn't matter if the roof is that of a car, or a house

I am planning to get a basic bath tub installed in my bathroom. Wife would like to have some 'soaked' evenings, just chilling and relaxing.

I checked with Kohler, and their tub starts at about 30-40k. I don't want something that expensive.

Any pointers/suggestions for the same?
Old 20th June 2017, 19:56   #65
BHPian

How to remove hard water scalings from bathroom fittings, like taps,etc and get them shining again? They are very dull and ugly now.
Old 21st June 2017, 12:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
How to remove hard water scalings from bathroom fittings, like taps,etc and get them shining again? They are very dull and ugly now.
This has been discussed on this thread itself. Check this out -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3895410
Old 10th October 2017, 19:39   #67
Team-BHP Support

My dismal experience with Hindware Bathroom Fittings

Hindware is one of the older names in the bathroom accessories and fittings space. Most of us probably heard of Hindware much early in life as compared to other modern era brands. As such Hindware is also the first name that strikes you when you are looking for bathroom fittings.

About 4-5 years back I chose Hindware for my new apartment. Builder had a set of choices which I did not like. Instead I decided to pay additional amount to get the bathroom fitting of my choice. Accordingly we picked some of the topline Hindware Italian Collection range of WC and wash basins.

Fast track to 2017 and the clamps of the seat on one of the WCs broke. Broke as in snapped from the middle! These are metal clamps (unlike the plastic ones that are built as a part of the seat in may other regular models. The seat and the cover on top swivel on these clamps and they have this slow fall design wherein even if you release them suddenly midway through they don't crash down. Instead they simply come down slowly and close.

Now, when the clamps broke I started hunting for these in the market. However the answer was the same irrespective of whom I approached (dealers or distributors). We don't have these clamps with us but we can sell you a new seat for the EC. No prizes for guessing what a seat like what I have costs. Obviously buying a new seat and cover when all I needed is a Rs.10 (or maybe 20) clamp made no sense to me.

Finally I called up Hindware customer care tollfree number that also has a service option. They took my number and problem statement and then promised a technician with 48 hours. After a week's delay (due to the festive season I guess) finally a service tech called me up and asked about the issue. I told him the problem and he wanted me to Whatsapp him the photographs of the EC, seat and the clamp. I thought my problems are finally solved.

Unfortunately though I was hoping for too much. This guy avoided visiting my place to see the problem himself and just kept operating from whatsapp and phone. His verdict after 2 days was that we can't provide you the clamp but you can buy a new seat. I was left agape! Really? You can sell me the exact seat (a costly thing to buy) but not the simple spare part? Do I really need Hindware customer care for that? After much deliberations and exchanges I understood it to be a lost cause. Hindware just refuses to service their own products purchased barely 4-5 years back. They want me to purchase a costly seat/cover ensemble instead of changing a simple broken clamp that anyone with an access to a half decent tool room should be able to fabricate in 30 minutes!

The worst was the final call I got from their Customer Care dept. The lady told me that she has been updated by her technician on the ground that they can't sell the customer any spare part but only the entire seat. While I was telling her about how outrageous this suggestion was and also about a manufacturers obligation to support the products they sell for a minimum period she just kept cutting me in between and said at least thrice "I am sorry but we can't sell you a clamp and I will now close your ticket". That curt message again and again was really humiliating.

I would suggest people do think about buying products from companies like Hindware that only try to squeeze their customers. Any company that refuses to sell you a simple spare and asks you to buy a complete replacement of the device/product is nothing but a shady operator. While Hindware has now gone out of my list of companies that I will ever consider for any of their products I am also wondering whether I should put it on the PGP portal to check on what kind of obligation any product company has towards making available spares for the products they sell.

Last edited by Zappo : 10th October 2017 at 19:42.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 11:36   #68
BHPian

Jaguar Shower Panel - Review Please...

Hello...

I am in market to purchase a Jaguar Shower Panel. I will also be installing a water pressure pump in line near overhead water tank. The panel will have overhead shower and 2 body massage showers besides other things.

https://www.jaquar.com/products/jaquar-shower-panels

Now, my plumber says that these Jaguar water panels are a big problem and come with loads of problems. He also says that he has removed many of them and made simpler systems - like direct overhead shower line with diverter- retiling work has to be done. No body massage 2 mini showers.

He says behind the Jaguar shower panel all pipelines provided by company are of rubber and give away very soon.

Anyone using Jaguar Shower Panels here? Please advise... thanks.
Old 10th March 2018, 22:23   #69
BHPian

Hi,

Facing a frustrating problem, Moved into a new apartment complex, the hot water pressure from the geyser is pathetic, seems the water is being pumped up to my floor from ground, and mine is the highest floor in the pumps subscribers, from one floor above to the terrance the water flows down, so the top floor and my floor have low water pressure.

The cold water pressure in the mixer or in the washbasin are OK, however the water pressure at the input of the geyser is less, and the output of the geyser is even lesser, I got the geyser serviced today, still no increase in pressure, the apartment plumber then explained that I am at the top most delivery point of the pressure pump at the ground, hence this.

This makes getting a constant proper temperature from the shower a big pain, coming from a mini apartment where the supply was from top, with a very good geyser and shower this is a big letdown for me.

How can this be fixed, can some ultra small pump be installed? Something which doesn't cause any damage to anything. In Singapore they used to have the instant water heaters which used to come with inbuilt pumps, not very effective, but still improved the pressure.

Please suggest what I can do to fix this, everything will be done by professionals, dont want to get thrown out of the apartment
Regards
Shailesh
Old 12th August 2018, 12:39   #70
BHPian

I have this Roca L20 Water diverter for our showers at home. The issue I am facing is that the shower doesn't stay on when I am using the hot water side. It falls to the tap mode which is a pain. This is probably due to low pressure of incoming hot water when compared to the cold water line. Will this be solved by installing a pressure booster pump overhead?
Alternately I was wanting to replace the diverter mechanism instead of the press type to a rotate type so it would remain on the shower mode till we rotate it to tap mode. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
All about Bathroom fittings and plumbing-1534057752328.jpg  

All about Bathroom fittings and plumbing-1534057762597.jpg  

Old 18th September 2018, 10:39   #71
Senior - BHPian

Is Jaquar really that great? Builder fitted brand new upmarket wall commode in Bangalore has a hairline crack. This is whopping 10K per piece. Jaquar service is lacking, in that, theyre asking for Builder's Bill Copy. Now which builder will keep bill and warranty card on a new project and hand over to owners? Also, after a shower - when the jet is turned off, it continues to pass water for an irritatingly long 30plus seconds, wasting large amounts of water. Wish I had insisted on Grohe, which is indestructible and have been using for 2 decades!
Old 18th September 2018, 15:56   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Is Jaquar really that great? Builder fitted brand new upmarket wall commode in Bangalore has a hairline crack. This is whopping 10K per piece. Jaquar service is lacking, in that, theyre asking for Builder's Bill Copy. Now which builder will keep bill and warranty card on a new project and hand over to owners? Also, after a shower - when the jet is turned off, it continues to pass water for an irritatingly long 30plus seconds, wasting large amounts of water. Wish I had insisted on Grohe, which is indestructible and have been using for 2 decades!
The commode might have taken a hit or two by someone during the construction phase for it to have a hairline crack. This is sheer bad luck and you cannot do much without bill. Better would be to insist the builder to get it replaced for you.

Do you have a diverter system or a knob mixer? Because it could be residual water in the pipes.

We have a Grohe diverter system and a Jaquar Hi-Flo diverter and yes the Grohe is far superior in the smoothness of operation compared to Jaquar.However, operations wise both of them work flawlessly.B ut both of them leak water for ~15 seconds after closing the diverter completely.
Old 18th September 2018, 18:35   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your advise Sagar. The bathroom was locked during construction phase, yes..could be during installation. Builder has washed his hands off.
Residual water doesnt drip even for a second in the system I'm using in the UAE, it is perfect.. but in blor it does. Im writing to Jaquar to sort it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
We have a Grohe diverter system and a Jaquar Hi-Flo diverter
Old 18th September 2018, 20:35   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Is Jaquar really that great? ..... Wish I had insisted on Grohe, which is indestructible and have been using for 2 decades!
Not all models of Grohe Diverter have anti drip feature .I am sure your are already aware of that .
Old 19th September 2018, 07:59   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your advise Sagar. The bathroom was locked during construction phase, yes..could be during installation. Builder has washed his hands off.
Residual water doesnt drip even for a second in the system I'm using in the UAE, it is perfect.. but in blor it does. Im writing to Jaquar to sort it out.
In which case it's just bad luck. And if the crack is just a cosmetic one without having any impact on the functioning of the commode then I would suggest you leave it as is. You will eventually get used to it and will not bother you.

And regarding the drip, I have not found the drip to be excess enough to cause any bother. But let us know here if you were able to get it fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks