Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 10:22   #406
BHPian

Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

We were in Trivandrum this Onam, and went to this family run restaurant.
AMMA'S VEEDU
Thycaud, Near Police training college,
Trivandrum
A beautiful family run restaurant, led by a lady, who was more than happy to serve us.
Me and my wife who is from north India, we came on our maiden visit together after 40 years of marriage, to celebrate Onam with my sister and BIL who retired from army and settled in TVM.
We took a friendly driver for sightseeing, and asked him to take us for a nadan lunch to restaurant of his choice. He recommended this place but told us, it isn't AC or other fancy things, but food is extremely good.
We were seated in the small courtyard and the table had all the best condiments laid out. We ordered prawns, ayela, and king fish fry, with meals, all 3 of us along with the driver thoroughly enjoyed the food.
I would highly recommend AMMA'S VEEDU for a family outing.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 12th September 2023 at 10:23.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 13:18   #407
Senior - BHPian

Not a food review.

Went to pizza hut yesterday and was surprised to see that the menu was to be accessed through a QR code pasted on the table.

Ok, I hate it but i can do it.

After selecting the pizzas, it goes for payment. Now comes the strange and unacceptable part. It asks for Name and number. Again, weird but ok. But to continue, I had to select their marketing and promotional condition! Without selecting that, I will not be able to eat pizzas at Pizza Hut! With two hungry kids, I gave in and ordered.

Showing my age, but really hate this trend.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 16:00   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Not a food review.
Without selecting that, I will not be able to eat pizzas at Pizza Hut! With two hungry kids, I gave in and ordered.

Showing my age, but really hate this trend.
For this very reason, I bought a number from doosra. Whoever asks for the number, I'm more than happy to give this one. I get no calls, no notifications (I turned it off). If they think they are smart with otp verification or invoice on sms, doosra shows received sms so I have no problems with being pestered with marketing calls/sms
vijai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 16:30   #409
BHPian

Neyyar Homestay and Reaturant: A cosy homestay on the banks of Neyyar dam reservoir. We went there for a dine-out. The food was good: both sea and freshwater fish, especially their tawa and squid roast.

Curry Leaf Restaurant, Kovalam: Sea facing and on the top of a cliff adjacent to Leela and KTDC Samudra. Loved their Seafood Basket.

Cafe Sarwaa, Vazhuthakadu : A laid back cafe with amazing food options. Loved their coconut coffee

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks