Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 22nd October 2020, 06:43   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Now have Access to your CIBIL Credit report

Hi All,

I am planning to take a home loan and may go for it in next month. So far, I am having a car loan (paying promptly since 2 and half years) and a closed consumer loan a year ago which is also paid promptly. Do not have any credit cards until now but in a spur of moment applied for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card and it approved instantly a couple of days ago. I did not have the thought that it could impact the score negatively.

Wanted to know if taking a credit card would impact CIBIL score so much so that the drop is drastic? If I need to check CIBIL score, how long should I wait and be checking to confirm the score after credit card impact.
Old 8th November 2020, 21:51   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Now have Access to your CIBIL Credit report

Advice needed. I was examining my CIBIL report when I noted the following:

I had an old home loan with SBI which went into litigation (long messy story), but which was finally paid off in an out-of-court amicable settlement in September 2018. I remember the concerned Stressed Assets branch head stating that they would intimate CIBIL etc., which they seem to have done as the loan is showing closed in that same month.

However, the missing monthly EMI payments (between September 2017 to September 2018) which I was intentionally not paying are still showing as 'SUB' & 'LSS', i.e. Substandard and Loss respectively, and getting picked up in my CIBIL dashboard as 'late payments'.

My question is that once the settlement was reached and SBI paid off, should CIBIL not expunge these from my record? Any lender will potentially freak seeing 13 late payments!

My score is 775+ so not worried about that.

Most Viewed