Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2023, 14:23   #241
BHPian

Re: Now have Access to your CIBIL Credit report

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
This is one bank I avoided on all costs, absolutely useless bank.

There is also a credit card tagged under my name, no dues. Looks like it was a buy one get one free deal.

Pramod
Even I am avoiding the bank because of all these issues. Don’t want to deal with such incompetent people.

Hope your issues get resolved at the earliest.
Did you raise a dispute?

Thanks.
Old 14th September 2023, 14:34   #242

Hi Pramod

DM me, I hope that I can help you with this. You can DM your contact number via email and also complaint number.
dilipkgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 15:00   #243
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
My ordeal begins after this, I raise my first dispute on CIBIL, CIBIL has a standard 30 dispute resolution timeline, I also intimate ICICI bank for them to respond, Neither steps helped me. I asked ICICI to provide me the registration number of the vehicle purchased through this loan, guess what, no reply and its been 16 months since.
Just file a case in Consumer Forum if the bank does not respond. Get a good Consumer Forum lawyer and they will come running to settle the matter.

Many years ago I went through a big ordeal although the case was different in nature. The defendants came running to me for an out of Court (Forum) settlement.

Hope you will be able to settle the matter soon.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th September 2023 at 15:48. Reason: Mod note attached.
Toni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 15:33   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
Even I am avoiding the bank because of all these issues. Don’t want to deal with such incompetent people.

Hope your issues get resolved at the earliest.
Did you raise a dispute?

Thanks.
The account got removed after the dispute was raised, I am pretty confident it will come back again

Pramod
Old 14th September 2023, 15:57   #245

Suggest to stop using these free reports to check credit score. This is how they start chasing you for financial products and also data moves out. Either use the one free report from cibil (transunion) every year or get the paid one.
Old 14th September 2023, 21:47   #246
BHPian

It appears rather dubious to me – the situation where an individual's negative loan record is inexplicably associated with another person's account. A similar incident occurred involving my wife a few months ago. A person who shares my wife's first name but has a different last name obtained a two-wheeler loan from a private bank. Consequently, my wife began receiving correspondence and emails related to that particular account, even though she does not maintain any accounts with that bank. Rectifying this email mix-up proved to be an exceptionally arduous process. It's imperative that we investigate whether this erroneous association has any bearing on her CIBIL credit report or not.
Old 14th September 2023, 21:57   #247
BHPian

Quote:
This is one bank I avoided on all costs, absolutely useless bank.

There is also a credit card tagged under my name, no dues. Looks like it was a buy one get one free deal.

Pramod
+1. I am assuming that unethical activities are done by ICICI bank's employees themselves many times. So much for the data security.

Many years back, out of a blue moon, i started receiving the credit card outstanding recovery calls from ICICI bank agents. I took out all information from the recovery guy, the credit card number, address etc. etc. I have no ICICI credit card that time.

I went to the branch and enquired. I found, my name was used, my PAN card was used, a fake address in Mumbai was used and a credit card was issues with 70K outstanding. I was sure that it was done by ICICI's employees else its not possible to match so many details with fake address. ICICI closed that enquiry and also interesting to note that this credit card never appeared in my CIBIL.
Old 15th September 2023, 00:14   #248
BHPian

Hey guys,

I'm facing an issue with ICICI bank credit card too. It is showing up on my CIBIL and affecting my score drastically. In fact do not remember getting an ICICI Credit card in the year 2006. I had a HDFC Bank Credit Card which was settled, out of court.

According to CIBIL I owe the bank 54K. I haven't received any calls or mails all these years.

I had a Current and Savings Account with ICICI for many years and not once was I informed about any credit card dues.

I visited the ICICI, Kothanur Branch and the Manager took down my details, such as Name, Phone, Email, PAN, AADHAR etc. to get it checked. After a week he called to say that he was unable to find a credit card linked to me.

I really don't know who to contact to get this resolved.

Anyone can me help guys?
Old 15th September 2023, 01:03   #249
BHPian

ICICI is one of the most unethical banks in India without any doubt. CIBIL is another entity which is a mafia unto itself. Even a casual loan enquiry will show in CIBIL as a transaction. A two lakh personal loan enquiry is shown as 5 lakh transaction in my CIBIL report. Worse is fake addresses and details uploaded. It's a big extortion mafia at work in conjunction with rouge Bank agents.
Old 25th September 2023, 10:02   #250
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for the cibil report update on free apps, paid reports on cibil is a ploy to pay cibil every 2-3 months when they send a message stating a change in cibil score due to addition of new accounts, normal people don’t need an annual subscription from cibil and one free report per year should suffice.

Now look at the damage they have caused to my score.

Now have Access to your CIBIL Credit report-img_1483.jpeg

RBI has asked banks not to consider Cibil while approving loans but who cares, no bank will give the reason for rejection in writing. Plus the rate of interest for people with higher Cibil score is better than people with lower score.

Pramod
Old 14th November 2023, 16:05   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Now look at the damage they have caused to my score.
Are you saying this is because of free apps?

I am confused too as to how to get the report. Issue is if I go through the official site they offer personalised loan offers. I don't need more spam.

If I go through other free apps, I might lose out on personal details as I approach through those apps.

Is there any solution to this? Is experian good this way? Just want to check for any anomalies in the report. Nothing more.
Old 15th November 2023, 09:59   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Are you saying this is because of free apps?

I am confused too as to how to get the report. Issue is if I go through the official site they offer personalised loan offers. I don't need more spam.

If I go through other free apps, I might lose out on personal details as I approach through those apps.

Is there any solution to this? Is experian good this way? Just want to check for any anomalies in the report. Nothing more.
The score was damaged due to fraudulent entry by ICICI bank which is now removed. It has been removed 3 times in the past, have gone through various levels of escalations but, well; ICICI is ICICI

Initially i used paisa bazaar app to check by score and they do come with a lot of marketing calls. Later i discovered that Amazon shopping app has an option to get your detailed CIBIL record for free and another app that i use is One score, One score provides you with a monthly score and is refreshed every month, No marketing calls, They do try to suggest use of their card to improve your score on their app and enhance the limit as your score improves.

CIBIL provides one free report per year and finding that free report is a Task on its own as its hidden under layers of poorly designed UI.

Google pay provides a free report but is full of garbage.

Pramod
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:47   #253
Senior - BHPian

Read this a couple of months back and while going through this thread thought to share it.

RBI has issued notification for management of Credit Reports and to address issues faced by customers. I feel this is a good step and tightening of screws at the Credit information companies and financial institutions was definitely required. These updated directions come into effect from May 2024 (unless deadline is extended).

I have tried to put the key points that are relevant to us. For simplification in understanding, in the below summary please read:
  • Credit Institutions (CIs)/ Specified Users (SUs): as Banks or other related financial institutions that offer various credit facilities/ services to customers.
  • Credit Information Companies (CICs): as TransUnion CIBIL, Experian, Equifax and CRIF High Mark etc.

Strengthening of customer service rendered by Credit Information Companies and Credit Institutions
RBI Notification dated 26-Oct-2023 [source: RBI website] [PDF of notification is attached at the end]

Quote:
1. A comprehensive framework will be put in place for strengthening and improving the efficacy of the grievance redress mechanism and customer service provided by the Credit Institutions (CIs) and Credit Information Companies (CICs).
Quote:
2.1. Intimation of access to Credit Information Report and updation of credit information with Credit Information Companies

a. CICs shall send alerts through SMS/ email to customers when their Credit Information Report (CIR) is accessed by the Specified Users (SUs). The alerts shall be sent by CICs only when the CIR enquiry reflects in the CIR of the customer.

b. CIs shall send alerts through SMS/ email to customers while submitting information to CICs regarding default/ Days Past Due (DPD) in existing credit facilities.
Quote:
2.2. Setting up of Nodal points/ officials by CIs

a. CIs shall have a dedicated nodal point/ official of contact for CICs for redress of customer grievances. Details of the nodal point/ official along with email ID and telephone/ mobile number shall be furnished by CIs to CICs.
Quote:
2.4. Reasons for rejection of requests for data correction <from customers> by CIs

a. CIs shall inform the customers the reasons for the rejection of their request for data correction, if any, to enable such customers to better understand the issues in the CIR.

b. A list of reasons for rejection of requests shall be circulated by CICs to all CIs. CIs shall use the same while communicating the rejections of the request for data correction made by customers/ CICs during the grievance redress process.
Quote:
2.7. Disclosure of complaints on credit information reporting by CICs

CICs shall disclose on their websites, details of complaints registered against them and CIs
Quote:
2.8. Easy access to Free Full Credit Report for the individuals by CICs

CICs shall provide easy access to Free Full Credit Report (FFCR) including credit score, once in a year (January- December), to individuals whose credit history is available with the CIC by displaying the link prominently on their website (on the Home page itself) so that individuals are able to access their FFCR conveniently.
Quote:
3. The directions shall come into effect six (6) months from the date of this circular. CICs and CIs are directed to put in place necessary systems and processes to implement these directions within this period.
Quote:
4. CICs and CIs which contravene or default in adherence to the above directions shall be liable for penal action as per the provisions of Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005 (CICRA, 2005).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NT73D86ADB78399949C199250E3E16F037D5.PDF (294.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 8th February 2024, 14:37   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The account got removed after the dispute was raised, I am pretty confident it will come back again

Pramod
Though this has not re appeared on CIBIL, I have started getting call from a Ghaziabad number, There was a lady who was extremely rude and was screaming at top of her voice right from the first call. I wanted to know how to handle such harassments, I am in no way connected to this loan and its pretty frustrating.

PS: The number is saved as Jamtara in true caller and there are 1000s of people who commented in true caller that talks of such harassment.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks