Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 23:11   #2851
BHPian

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post

At the highest, I was at 85 Kgs. Over the course of a little more than a year, I am now down to 70 Kgs.

Plan to lose 2 Kgs more and then concentrate more on my Body Fat % - need to build more muscle. I've realized that it's simply a better and healthier way of living and am not going to go back to the old ways of not taking care of my body!
I had kept a reminder in my phone to revisit this comment of mine in 6 months and see my progress.

Happy to share that progress has been good! I lost few more kgs of fat and gained some kgs of muscle. Weight oscillates between 70 and 71 and I'm sure my body fat % is much lower now - can see proper muscle definition as a result of working out and feel my legs are stronger during runs as well!

Made a progress pic to share with all here in the hopes that it will inspire people. I've definitely been inspired by other's progress pics.

The Weight Loss Thread-inshot_20201220_223507020.jpg

Deliberately chose the most unflattering pic I could find for my 'before' - interestingly has me clicking a Ferrari

Goal for next 6 months - get rid of the last bit of stubborn fat and further reduce body fat % and of course get more 'gains'
Shreyas_H is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 18:45   #2852
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My fitness journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I never though I will ever post anything on this thread. But then, there is a good reason to do so...
Once could be a flick. Or if you think that was crazy, some craziness is worth repeating -

My Last two races (virtual):

Airtel Delhi half Marathon:
The Weight Loss Thread-adhmrace.png

TCS World 10K
The Weight Loss Thread-tcs10krace.png

Happy to report that - I am sustaining the health at last reported level. Weight around 69.5-70.5 kgs: all throughout the Diwali, X'mas and new year parties. Heck, the day i ran my heart out on the TCSWorld 10K run, I drove from Bangalore to Pune and was able to stand on my feet till I hit the bed.

For 2021 - I just ned to stay here and sustain this phase. I still maintain my diet ritual and timings. Work is getting crazier day by day. Mind is looking for excuses... Also, your pats/ thanks are adding to ego. And this google photos is still in celebration mood: need to get over that and be normal again
The Weight Loss Thread-jandec2020.jpeg

Happy and healthy 2021 folks!
abirnale is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 19:06   #2853
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread is in an inspiration. I weighed myself on a proper scale (purchased new) and found am touching the three-figure mark post festive season.

Am thinking “21 for ‘21” could be a good theme for this year. Have no idea how I am going to achieve it but it’s a worthy start!
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 08:52   #2854
BHPian

Hi everyone! It is truly inspiring to see so many people who have successfully turned around their lifestyles for the better . I've just embarked on my weight loss journey, and I wanted to record it on this thread for your support and accountability. I've consulted a dietician and tweaked my food intake, and I've started going for a walk or a cycle ride for 45 minutes every day. I'm also doing some basic stretches and exercises at home, but I'm taking it easy on that front as I'm prone to backaches. I currently weigh 112 kg, and my goal is to reach 99 kg by the end of June 2021.

I'll update my progress here in a month's time. Here's to a great 2021 ahead for everyone, and I hope you all achieve your respective goals this year. Wish me luck !
Turbojc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 09:31   #2855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Once could be a flick. Or if you think that was crazy, some craziness is worth repeating -
Happy to report that - I am sustaining the health at last reported level. Weight around 69.5-70.5 kgs: all throughout the Diwali, X'mas and new year parties.
Your 'after' photo has you looking 7 years younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hi everyone! It is truly inspiring to see so many people who have successfully turned around their lifestyles for the better . I've just embarked on my weight loss journey, and I wanted to record it on this thread for your support and accountability. I currently weigh 112 kg, and my goal is to reach 99 kg by the end of June 2021.
Best of luck. Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise just bear that in mind as you go along this journey. Exercise is needed to build muscle tone. Not that I want to advice but think of yoga. Yoga balances a lot more deep inside, organs, hormones, impulses, rather than just toning and flexibility.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 14:50   #2856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Best of luck. Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise just bear that in mind as you go along this journey. Exercise is needed to build muscle tone. Not that I want to advice but think of yoga. Yoga balances a lot more deep inside, organs, hormones, impulses, rather than just toning and flexibility.
Thank you very much sir ! You're right about diet being the most important part of weight loss. I've been eating healthy for the past week, and I can already feel the difference. I'll definitely explore yoga as well.
Turbojc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 19:13   #2857
BHPian

Tempted to post here as I also, have started my journey to weight loss, this time with IF.
I have started IF with 16 hours of fasting. I eat my last meal of the day by 1830 and have first meal the next day morning at 1030. I have followed this for 10 days now and feeling positive about continuing it.

I now need to control my eating habits during the eating window, probably have to start micro fasts during the eating window. I am not calculating carbs, protein etc as of now, but will start soon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Weight Loss Thread-img3620.jpg  

INJAXN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 22:14   #2858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Tempted to post here as I also, have started my journey to weight loss, this time with IF.
I have started IF with 16 hours of fasting. I eat my last meal of the day by 1830 and have first meal the next day morning at 1030. I have followed this for 10 days now and feeling positive about continuing it.

I now need to control my eating habits during the eating window, probably have to start micro fasts during the eating window. I am not calculating carbs, protein etc as of now, but will start soon.
Good to see you taking up IF for weight loss. I would like to add a few points.

1. Consider IF as a lifestyle change, not as a diet to lose weight
2. During eating window, keep the number of meals to maximum 3. Avoid snacking in between. This way you can prevent constant insulin spiking in the blood which will slow down fat burn.
3. If you have lot of weight to lose, cutting carbs (LCHF or Keto) along with IF can be a great combination.
4. Once you are used to a 16 hour fast, bring in some variation in fasting hours. Mix a few 18:6 or 20:4 or OMAD fasts in a week along with 16:8. And occasionally (once in two or three weeks), do a normal 3 meal with 12 or 13 hour fast. This will keep the body guessing and prevent getting into plateaus.

I have written a few posts about IF, LCHF and Keto in my health and fitness thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4935988 (Fat to Fit - A journal of my fitness journey)
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 10:31   #2859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Bought battle rope for working at home. 1.5 inch, 50 feet. Really tires you up. Good way to burn calories at home without spending too much time.
Could you please share the link? Lot of mixed reviews in amazon, unable to decide which one to choose.
Old 6th January 2021, 10:36   #2860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Could you please share the link? Lot of mixed reviews in amazon, unable to decide which one to choose.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

See if you want to buy the 30 feet one or 1.25 inch diameter for 50 feet. It weighs a lot and need to be really strong to do even for 1 minute
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 12:39   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hi everyone! It is truly inspiring to see so many people who have successfully turned around their lifestyles for the better . I've just embarked on my weight loss journey, and I wanted to record it on this thread for your support and accountability.

I currently weigh 112 kg, and my goal is to reach 99 kg by the end of June 2021. I'll update my progress here in a month's time. Wish me luck!
Hi everyone! Hope you all have had a cracker of a start to the year!

I'm now one month into my weight-loss journey, and I'm delighted to report that I've shed 6 kgs since I began, just by eating right .

The changes I've observed are many:

- My previously-obscured jawline is now seeing the light of day after ages.

- I now fit into clothes one size smaller. I was previously a Decathlon size XXL, but now an XL fits me better. I recently returned to working from my office, and while all my colleagues complained that they've outgrown their work formals over the lockdown, mine have become uncomfortably loose. Not a bad problem to have, I suppose.

- I'm able to walk/cycle for longer and faster than earlier before tiring out. I used to run out of breath after climbing just two flights of stairs, but not anymore.

I must add that it was not easy. I've had to refrain from eating some of my favourite foods (Buhari, Dominos, McDonald’s, and other local restaurants could see a drop in their Q1 profits this fiscal year ). It was the promise of better health - and a wider choice of clothes - combined with my mom's creative cooking methods, that helped me keep my cravings in check.

Of course, there's still a long way to go, but I'm confident that I'll reach my target weight of 99 kg well before I intended to. Will let you all know how February pans out.

Cheers!

Last edited by Turbojc : 5th February 2021 at 12:43.
Turbojc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 22:55   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Interesting thread here!

My age is 22 and my height is around 5'7-5'8.Before lockdown,my weight used to be at 85-86 Kgs and since the lockdown had happened,I had lost weight of around 10-11 Kgs by being on diet most of the time.Before lockdown,I used to eat outside almost everyday,but,thanks to Covid and lockdown,I had stopped eating out daily,which resulted me in losing more weight.Presently,I weigh at 75 Kgs and trying to reduce another 5-10 Kgs soon.

Since last 3 months,I've started using Protein powder from Herballife and this also helped me in losing more weight with some workout.I sometimes skip breakfast and have lunch directly but I skip the dinner too whenever I'm not in a mood to eat or if I have heavy lunch.

But,on every Sunday,I always have either heavy breakfast and skip the lunch or have heavy lunch,after which I skip having dinner.
Quoting from my own post,

I've been following the same process almost everyday except in few occasions, which I had to force myself having some alcohol and outside food, but, even after having those, I still keep my weight intact.

Since the last update in this thread, I'm still weighing at the level of 74-75 Kgs and maintaining the same since almost 6 months.

But, now, I've decided to do some workouts at home like a walk of 5 Kms a day, pushups, a few jumps etc and thinking to go to gym for muscle gains.
Old 6th March 2021, 01:07   #2863
BHPian

Hello BHPians. I'm a student, and am 6 feet tall, and weigh around 110kg (last seen june 2019). I'm 18. I desperately want to lose fat (from belly, thigh and butt). Tried a variety of youtube trainers and all, just to find myself wake up the next day with a variety of pains. I'm a hosteler, so can anyone suggest some basic exercises and other tips to stick to?
PS: I'm a hosteler, so the max equipment i can source are a pair of dumbells.
Old 6th March 2021, 07:57   #2864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitvsk23 View Post
Hello BHPians. I'm a student, and am 6 feet tall, and weigh around 110kg (last seen june 2019). I'm 18. I desperately want to lose fat (from belly, thigh and butt). Tried a variety of Youtube trainers and all, just to find myself wake up the next day with a variety of pains. I'm a hosteler, so can anyone suggest some basic exercises and other tips to stick to?
Hi. I am also 6'1 and used to weigh 91 KG at 21. There are two ways to go about it. Going for runs or weight training. However, for both, calorie deficit is a prerequisite. What you eat is monumentally important to drop weight. This is not easy as menus are typically fixed in hostels. You need to unload carbs and add fiber/protein. For ex, reducing your chapati/rice portions, increasing dal, veggies and salads. Reduce your frequency of eating and AVOID snacking.

Your body pains could be due to excessive load on your joints due to your weight. It means they can't take the load, for now. So, in the beginning, do only light exercise like long walks (around an hour, don't split it in 20 min X 3).

Your first target should be to drop initial 5 KG and then go to next step depending on how you feel.
Old 6th March 2021, 19:42   #2865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitvsk23 View Post
Hello BHPians. I'm a student, and am 6 feet tall, and weigh around 110kg (last seen june 2019). I'm 18. I desperately want to lose fat (from belly, thigh and butt). Tried a variety of Youtube trainers and all, just to find myself wake up the next day with a variety of pains. I'm a hosteler, so can anyone suggest some basic exercises and other tips to stick to?
If weight loss is the goal, then you need to focus on the diet part than workouts.

Check out the below thread where I have documented my experience.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...s-journey.html (Fat to Fit - A journal of my fitness journey)

I would recommend you try intermittent fasting (IF). As you are in a hostel, doing a low carb diet is going to be impossible. But doing IF is very much possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks