Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 16:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

He would have paid a premium to get the car immediately .

When you have 4-5 ppl-cheeks , where would you put the luggage , in the boot .Correct decision .
Old 17th December 2009, 16:28   #32
BHPian

Rumour is that the Dzire now is Diztrezzed..i mean, it is up for distress sale. Any takers;-}
Old 17th December 2009, 16:29   #33
BHPian

What happened to anti money laundering laws, 8 Lakhs in cash.!! to buy a car and register it.

IMO

First the Car Dealership should be fined for this over zealous sale.
Secondly, the dad should be asked to explain the huge amounts of cash at home out of which missing 8 lakhs could not be noticed. That would be a minimum of 8 bundles of 100 notes.

Cheers!
Old 17th December 2009, 16:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
What happened to anti money laundering laws, 8 Lakhs in cash.!! to buy a car and register it.

IMO

Secondly, the dad should be asked to explain the huge amounts of cash at home out of which missing 8 lakhs could not be noticed. That would be a minimum of 8 bundles of 100 notes.

Cheers!
My point exactly!! Now 8L=80K - money has got devalued so much from our times, that the kid should be accused of stealing only 80K and not 80L.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That would be a minimum of 8 bundles of 100 notes.

Cheers!
You mean 8K bundles of 100 notes. I don't think so. What happened to 1000 Rs. notes ?
Old 17th December 2009, 17:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Kids are on a roll...could this be something related to global warming?
Bit off topic..
Strange ! My kid in LKG wants to go for a picnic from school.I told "no way" because she is recovering from a viral fever.She says "...daddy I havn't gone for a picnic till now"!

Old 17th December 2009, 19:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:

IMO

Cheers!
My good man, do you work for the IT Department by any chance? In case you do please insert a warning in your signature!
Old 17th December 2009, 21:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I guess it's time for schools to start teaching boys how to get the opposite gender's attention without breaking the bank
You rightly said, its time for schools to have 'dating' lessons taught by experienced teachers ! If we give so much importance for 'sexual orientation and awareness' sessions in the schools, why not include this topic too ?
Old 17th December 2009, 21:47   #39
BHPian

I am sure his dad would have whacked the kid's backside not for stealing the cash but for buying the Dzire...
Old 17th December 2009, 22:10   #40
BHPian

Just ponder to think the atmosphere at home and the values that the parents inculcate in the child to get such a behaviour. Stealing, making a 'servant' buy a valuable article, peer pressure, all to what effect?

Humiliation for the family, a bad name for the child - which might cause some pychological effect on him if he is the sensitive type apart from the trauma suffered by a poor man ( the driver).

It is the parents who should stand up and be counted - after all children are the parents' responsibility. Excessive love, mindless materialism, hypocrisy are all very dangerous when it comes to moulding children.

This is a sad incident. I hope parents realise that their children should never develop a swollen head and stay grounded and humble.

Regards
Old 17th December 2009, 22:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
You rightly said, its time for schools to have 'dating' lessons taught by experienced teachers ! If we give so much importance for 'sexual orientation and awareness' sessions in the schools, why not include this topic too ?
Much more logical too. You can never have the latter without the former. Teach the kids how to get the attention, let curiosity and internet handle the rest
Old 17th December 2009, 22:29   #42
BHPian

^^^ Guys..it takes all kinds to make this world...it would have been boring if everyone was same..

So let's not be kinda moral police..am sure the parents would have done the best they can (of course, few exceptions are always there, in anything and everything), but inpsite of the same, with so much of external influences nowadays like tv/internet etc, as parents, you can only do so much and no more.

As the saying goes, "waht is the use of leaving a fortune for a good son (since he will earn it all by himself in any case)..but again what is the use of leaving a fortune for a bad son (since he will blow it in any case)"...so there;-}
Old 17th December 2009, 22:36   #43
BHPian

Dont know if these guy have full filled his DEZIRE with Female/Girl friend, surely he filled dezire with a car
Old 17th December 2009, 22:40   #44
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Why the Dzire when he was just trying to impress chicks? I wish he would have been a TBHP member, then I hope he would have ended up getting a used Honda CRV or a used Yamaha R1 and in that case surely his girl would have been impressed.
Old 17th December 2009, 23:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post

a bad name for the child - which might cause some psychological effect on him if he is the sensitive type apart
He choosing the dZire already indicates some psychological effect on him. Stupid guy he could have bought an Omni if he wanted many cheeks in his car.

Quote:
from the trauma suffered by a poor man ( the driver)
Can't the driver sell the car off? It is in his name after all.

By reading this I see the petrolhead in us takes over at any given instance. Even if it comes to stealing 8L. We don't care that the guy has stolen 8L, all we care is why it was not invested err..splurged on a proper car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks