Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 13:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Boy steals Rs 8 lakh from dad, buys car in driver's name

From Boy steals Rs 8 lakh from dad, buys car in driver's name - Chennai - City - The Times of India

Quote:

CHENNAI: Gone are the days when children used to pocket coins from their father’s wallets to buy candies. With changing times and aspirations, as well as peer pressure, the amounts stealthily pocketed are getting larger and, of course, candies are no longer what children want.

Recently, a rich businessman’s son, a plus-one student, stole Rs 8 lakh from his home in Anna Nagar and purchased a car in the name of his father’s driver. It was the driver who finally blurted out the truth, and the family ended up with egg on its face.

The businessman, who kept large amounts of money at home, found Rs 8 lakh missing from the locker. There was no sign of a burglary, but he preferred a police complaint.

Investigations revealed that the driver had purchased a new car, and he was taken into custody. When police grilled him, he revealed the truth — his employer’s son had stolen the money to purchase the car, which was registered in the driver’s name. The shocked businessman then requested the police to drop the case.

Sources told TOI that the boy had stolen the money a few weeks ago, but his parents learnt about it only last week. “They seemed to have kept a lot of cash at home. The boy took the money to purchase a Swift Dzire car. He used the vehicle to go partying with his friends and for long drives. He would park the car by the roadside to prevent his parents from noticing it,” a police official said.

When we questioned the boy, he said many of his classmates drove posh cars and that they all had girlfriends. It was to attract female attention that he stole the money to purchase the car. Since he was not old enough to get a driving license, he knew his parents would not get him a car. So, he took the easy way out,” the official added.
I cant believe this... even after stealing 8 Lakhs to buy a car, he ends up buying DZIRE.

Atleast he could have bought Punto,i20, new IKON or SWIFT atleast.

@Mods

Kindly move this thread to appropriate section if posted on wrong section.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:53   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Its a truly bad show - the amount of damage that succumbing to peer pressure can do!
Old 17th December 2009, 13:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Oh... Atleast Boy attained his desire

The dream desire --- DZIRE
Old 17th December 2009, 13:57   #4
Team-BHP Support

Am surprised how the car was bought without a PAN card
Old 17th December 2009, 13:59   #5
BHPian

In 8 lacs He could have bought a Honda!!!! But think abt the parents, I was just wondering (as i have no kids now) if my kid does this (cant as i dont have that kind of money as well but even if ) then how would i tackle this situation. ABSURD!!!!
Old 17th December 2009, 14:00   #6
BHPian

WOW a +1 student want to impress girls with a Dzire when he had 8 Lakhs? How dumb this can get . I would have recommend him to go for a used Honda Accord V6 for 6 lakhs and could have used the 2 lakhs for the mods/petrol expenses.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Am surprised how the car was bought without a PAN card
The car is in the driver's name. Maybe he had a PAN.

With 8 lacs, I would have taken a clue from GTO's new 'cars for enthusiasts' thread and bought a vRS instead. And used the rest for ICE.

The dad also needs to be blamed for keeping several lacs in cash at home. There was so much cash at home that they noticed the missing 8 lacs only after a few weeks. I bet the I.T dept must be interested in him now.

What will they do with the car now? Will the driver sign it over to the businessman?

Last edited by Gilead : 17th December 2009 at 14:09.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

A classic case of dumb and dumber then?
Old 17th December 2009, 14:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, its a sad incident more than a funny one. Really and example of what peer pressure can do to young-uns. I hear it is worse in top notch schools where mobile phones and other gizmos are to be changed every other month to be 'in'.

Secondly, I don't know how many girls he is going to impress with, with the ..aah forget it.

There was one more incident where a kid and his friends took a Merc on a test drive and push the sales person out of the car and took the big german to Mumbai to impress his girlfriend.

Remember in Delhi, a kid shot his senior out of bullying ? Things are not what they used to be when we were at school.

And all I wanted is an RX - 100 for college.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:04   #10
BHPian

what a shame

what a shame..

he done a theft ,next bought Dzire, add to that he did this for getting GF

Grow up .. what to prefer car or girl

Come on !

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th December 2009 at 21:02. Reason: correcting smiley
Old 17th December 2009, 14:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Huh, how dumb, I atleat would've got a Yammy R1 with that money.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:06   #12
BHPian

Stole 8 lakh just to impress girls ? That too with a FAT car ?

If it was because he loved driving i could have digested it man
Old 17th December 2009, 14:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Its because may be the mistake of the Father -first of all keeping large amount of cash in the house that too easily accessible to the children. When children see easy money within their handreach, they will get all kind of ideas and it will tempt them to steal the money (thought that the father would not come to know since there may be plenty of cash in the box or bag?). The boy might have considered that he is not stealing but taking his father's cash !
Old 17th December 2009, 14:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

one of my freinds said..

hey he stole 8 lakhs from his dad. How bad. you are discussing about car he bought. imagine it was your kid.

i replied,"If I am so rich that I have 8 lakh hard cash at home, then i dont mind my kid stealing it and buying a car. Only concern is it should not be Dzire or Manza."

i would love to see him/her buying used enthusiastic cars mentioend by GTO in yesterday's thread

on a serious note .. where we are heading? kinds stealing money from parents to impress gals and to get into "posh" peer group

Last edited by recshenoy : 17th December 2009 at 14:30.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:17   #15
BHPian

What a dumb kid! Went through so much risk to eventually buy a Dzire!!! If I was his pop I would have been more embarassed with his choice rather than the crime.

Last edited by Wolfheart : 17th December 2009 at 14:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks