Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2018, 11:27   #196
BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vint View Post
Thanks. Without sharing, can one expect 2BHK in a decent locality for around 15k ?
You can look for such options in Manikonda or Nallagandala. Both places are around 6-7 kms from Financial District. I stay in Nallagandala and I prefer this place over the more crowded Manikonda. You can get decent 2 bhks in 15K budget. Do check out the portals. It's better to have your own vehicle in Hyd since public transport is not good compared to Bangalore.
Old 12th January 2018, 11:37   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
You can look for such options in Manikonda or Nallagandala. Both places are around 6-7 kms from Financial District. I stay in Nallagandala and I prefer this place over the more crowded Manikonda. You can get decent 2 bhks in 15K budget. Do check out the portals. It's better to have your own vehicle in Hyd since public transport is not good compared to Bangalore.
Thanks. I checked the portals, there are options ranging from 10k-35k. But my concern was the location of these sub-15k apartments. I'm mostly worried about the safety/security aspects.

Also, I know this is quite an opinionated subject, but would it be possible to let me know the pros/cons of Hyderabad compared to Bangalore ? For ex: Like you mentioned, public transport is better in Bangalore, any other such information would be greatly helpful.
Old 12th January 2018, 16:44   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I checked the portals, there are options ranging from 10k-35k. But my concern was the location of these sub-15k apartments. I'm mostly worried about the safety/security aspects.

Also, I know this is quite an opinionated subject, but would it be possible to let me know the pros/cons of Hyderabad compared to Bangalore ? For ex: Like you mentioned, public transport is better in Bangalore, any other such information would be greatly helpful.
Since I've not stayed in Bangalore for extended periods, I might not be the right person to compare both cities. That being said, I've been in Hyderabad for over 6 years now and have liked my stay here. The traffic is a lot easier compared to Bangalore. You do get those peak-hour rush at the major locations, but it's no way comparable to the torturous situation in Bangalore. Like I said earlier, the public transport is bad here and you ideally should have your own vehicle for commute or be prepared to travel squeezed in a shared auto which are plenty. House rents are reasonable and the main difference is the 2-3 months advance compared to the ridiculous 10 months advance in Bangalore.

It's an overall safe place to be even if you are not originally from Hyderabad and people don't really care about your origins or where you are from. And did I tell you the food options are amazing. May be not as varied as Bangalore but then you get pretty much everything.
Old 16th January 2018, 08:16   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Since I've not stayed in Bangalore for extended periods, I might not be the right person to compare both cities.
Thanks for the info How is the climate ? Heard the temperature can get upwards of 40 in summer. While renting an apt, is AC mandatory ?

Last edited by ampere : 16th January 2018 at 08:21. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 16th January 2018, 09:27   #200
BHPian

Do also check out PBEL city. Great flats. You should be able to find 2 bedroom flats. No water problem and no traffic jams as well. As soon as you exit the apartment complex you hit the ORR which is a breeze to drive on. They have a Facebook group as well that you can check out for flats on rent. They also have good security and a medical and grocery store in the complex.
No harm in checking it out.
Old 16th January 2018, 10:22   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have stayed in both the cities for similar periods and I do visit Bangalore even now. In Hyderabad, I have been staying in Nallagandla for the past 2.5 years. I can share my opinion about the cities.

Traffic: Bangalore was and is famous for its traffic conditions. Hyderabad is deteriorating but is still far ahead of Bangalore. Hyderabad traffic condition becomes worse during monsoons, but as of now, this statement is true for all the big cities (lack of proper drainage).

Public Transport: Bangalore bus service has better reach and you get good quality AC buses. Here in Hyderabad, you get old rickety buses but even they go to far off places. A combination of local train, bus, Metro and autorickshaws can be used to reach any place in the city. For daily commute, I would prefer my own conveyance if there's no office shuttle available.

Safety: I live in a small apartment complex which doesn't have much security. Similarly, a few of friends also stay in similar buildings across Hyderabad. None of us has faced any issue till date. These apartments are located within 100 mts. at max. from the main road.

Even on my numerous nocturnal drives across the city and even beyond it, never felt threatened at any point. I would prefer Hyderabad over Bangalore for my night drives.

Water issues: From my observation, Bangalore faces water scarcity and depends a lot on water tankers. And I observed this across the city. Hyderabad has much better water supply from different dam projects around the city. Even the ground water level is good throughout the year except for extreme summers/poor rainfall years.

Weather: Bangalore climate used to be one of the best in the country. I used past tense because I have experienced temperatures ~40 degrees in the city which was not the case earlier. Despite all this, the climate is still very moderate throughout the year.

In comparison, Hyderabad has a tougher summer. Yes, you would need an airconditioner for a couple of months throughout the year. It also gets more rain but it isn't very cold here.

Other points:
1. Bangalore used to face issues of garbage disposal back in 2012-13. Not sure if it's still there.

2. House rents are much lower in Hyderabad. And so are the housing deposits.

3. Overall cost of living is slightly lower in Hyderabad.

4. Bangalore has a lot of weekend getaway options around it. Hyderabad hardly has any.

5. I found that corruption was lot more rampant in Karnataka than in Telangana. It is easier and cheaper to get things done here.

I might sound biased towards Hyderabad but that is my opinion formed after staying in both the cities for 2-3 years. I am not a native of either of the states.
Old 16th January 2018, 12:41   #202

@ashis89, Thanks a lot. Regarding public transportation, how is the penetration of taxi riding apps like ola/uber ? @bigben, will check it out , thanks.

PS: Also, why am I not seeing a thanks button now , pretty sure I was seeing it some days back.
Old 16th January 2018, 12:52   #203
BHPian

A few tips for Vint -
Since your office is in Gachibowli, you can can get fairly decent 2bhk flats for <15k in Manikonda, Nallagandla, Masjit Banda road/Botanical Gardens, and even near Kondapur (there is a back road to Gachibowli via Masjit Banda raod that avoids the main road traffic). In fact, as an option, you may also want to check out areas such as Appa Junction, Rajendranagar, etc, as they are so well connected via the ORR. I know if colleagues who stay towards APPA junction, but take a shorter time to reach office than me since i go via the crowded city roads and they go via ORR. I would suggest looking at a few portals for what are the type of availability in these areas. I lived in a gated community for about 2 years and learnt that while there are certain benefits of living in such a place, for a single person, the stand alone apartments are better.

In terms of traffic, Hyderabad is definitely becoming more and more crowded on the road each year. I left B'lore about 15 years back so I know traffic has changes a lots since then. From what i hear, while traffic may not be as bad as B'lore, there will be peak traffic jams in and around the key office areas, but not to the extent of what Bangalore has.

Weather wise, Summer is bad. It will be a dry summer as compared to B'lore. I would suggest never take a flat that is on the top floor. You will be cooked in the heat radiation. I stayed on the top floor of an apartment for 5 years and i know that even the white paints stuff has a marginal (psychological?) effect in cooling the house. If you happen to get a flat that has a good cross-ventilation breeze then you may not need AC, else, AC is a must for summer.

In terms of law and order, I like Hyderabad since people are very chilled out. Cops are too relaxed in fact! In all my time in Hyd, I have never felt unsafe, no matter the time of the day, be it at home or on the roads. But still, a caveat is that I always say, one needs to be alert, always. You would not believe it, but about 20 years back no one would venture to the areas around Hitech/Gachibowli as it was not developed and said to have dacoits. Now, it is the busy heart of the IT zone.

when it comes to city travel/transportation, it is better to have your own. But even if you don't, then Uber/Ola is always there They have the city covered. I have never had to wait for more than 3-4 mins for an Uber/Ola. Peak timing wait can be longer, but you can adjust your travel time to avoid it. At time i have ditched my car to take Uber when i had to travel to crowded areas in Hyderabad, where parking was doubtful.

All in all, I think you will like Hyderabad and its unique pace of life. Most people love the city after staying here for a few months. Food is a big thing in Hyd, but if you like Chinese, you will definitely miss B'lore! (Bangalore has a much better Chinese food scene). Other than Chinese, I personally think you will not miss Bangalore much in terms of the food options.

Last edited by DriverR : 16th January 2018 at 12:54.
Old 16th January 2018, 13:30   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ashis89, Thanks a lot. Regarding public transportation, how is the penetration of taxi riding apps like ola/uber ?
Never faced any issue while looking for a taxi. Do note that I use these apps very rarely, for airport runs or for party visits. For everything else, I drive or walk.

My close friend is solely dependent on Ola/Uber every day and I have never heard him complain.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:22   #205
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm moving to Hyderabad in December and my office is in financial district.

I plan on living alone, and I'm ideally looking for a fantastic quality studio / 1 bhk / 2bhk.

While my preference is towards a studio/1bhk, as they would suit my needs perfectly, I gather, from online searches and calls with brokers that good quality houses are limited to gated communities and are only in available in 2/3 bhk configurations. The concept of studios don't seem to exist and 1 bhk's are generally crummy apartments.

So I have the following questions:
Q1. Areas that I have shortlisted are financial district and khaja guda. I ideally want to live within a 5km radius from office. Any other good locations worth considering?
Q2. What's an acceptable rental expenditure? I've come across 2bhks from 15k-25k per month. While my budget is up to 25k / month, I want to make sure I'm not overpaying.
Q3. Do good quality studios/1 bhks exist, or are they limited to my fantasy world*?
Q4. Could you put me in touch with any good brokers in the vicinity?

Thanks in advance.

* My fantasy world involves a 600 sft. room (no bedrooms!) with simple white Muji/Ikea furniture, wooden flooring, an elegant and low seating arrangement, a work station, no bulky furniture and definitely nothing above eye level so as to maintain a sense space... Also, an open kitchen, a dry bathroom, and a corner for my road bike and related equipment (car parking goes without saying). Similar to (though not the same as) this:

Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions-161727.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 15th March 2019 at 08:37. Reason: Uploading image as attachment
Old 31st October 2018, 15:32   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Q1. Areas that I have shortlisted are financial district and khaja guda. I ideally want to live within a 5km radius from office. Any other good locations worth considering?
Q2. What's an acceptable rental expenditure? I've come across 2bhks from 15k-25k per month. While my budget is up to 25k / month, I want to make sure I'm not overpaying.

Welcome to Hyd!

I live in the financial district in a gated community called My Home Vihanga. It doesn't have 1bhk/studio apts, but has 2BHK on rent around 25k/month or so. You might have to get your own furniture though - so you can put it up the way you like. Ikea isn't very far

Let me know once you move over and need any help. We also have a TeamBHP Hyd's WhatsApp group that has couple of bikers. We can plan something together!
Old 14th March 2019, 19:44   #207
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I will be relocating to Hyderabad in a couple of weeks. I am looking for a 4BHK apartment on rent in a radius of 15mins drive from Microsoft.

Any leads/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ank
Old 14th March 2019, 21:11   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys,

I will be relocating to Hyderabad in a couple of weeks. I am looking for a 4BHK apartment on rent in a radius of 15mins drive from Microsoft.
Welcome to Hyd!! You could try Nallagandla (location) which is about 15-20 min drive from MS. It may take bit more time right now due to ongoing road widening work, but once done it'll take less than 15 mins. Much has been done already, it's only small patch of 2-3 kms which is left.
You can get very good flats in socities like Aparna Sarovar Grande or Aparna CyberZon; I have no idea on the availability aspect though.

All the best!!

Last edited by avinash_m : 14th March 2019 at 21:14. Reason: Typo
Old 15th March 2019, 04:32   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys,

Any leads/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ank
Check out PBEL city. If you are ok with 3 BHK you can get one here for approx 28k all inclusive. Besides the usual gated community comforts you also get piped gas which is a blessing.
Old 15th March 2019, 08:03   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post

You can get very good flats in socities like Aparna Sarovar Grande or Aparna CyberZon; I have no idea on the availability aspect though.
Thanks for the suggestion, Aparna Sarovar Grande looks great with large sized flats. Will check them out for sure.

Any other options closer to Microsoft?
Also, it would be helpful if you could point out some areas that are closer to Microsoft? That will help me narrow down my searches on real estate portals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Check out PBEL city. If you are ok with 3 BHK you can get one here for approx 28k all inclusive. Besides the usual gated community comforts you also get piped gas which is a blessing.
How much is the commute time from PBEL city to Microsoft? Also, does it have 4BHK options?

Most Viewed