Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 16:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Thanks for your quick revert in input.

I will be comming alone and not decided about family relocation as of now. So 15K is too high. so i might have to move bit farther wherein rent is in tune of 6-8 max or will have to look for shared one initially. Where do i look for considering this this budget?
You can try Manikonda area, which is around 3 to 4 kms away from Divyasree building. But some of that area gets flooded in monsoon, so beware. I'm not sure of the rents there, but they are certainly less than 15 K for a 2BR apartment.
Old 11th January 2013, 01:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You can try Manikonda area, which is around 3 to 4 kms away from Divyasree building. But some of that area gets flooded in monsoon, so beware. I'm not sure of the rents there, but they are certainly less than 15 K for a 2BR apartment.
+1
In summer last year this area comletely dried out and everyone had to completely depand on Water tankers. I got heavy maintenance bills because of this. But accessibility to office would be very good. There are very good schools near by and the work is in progress for the biggest mall at Lanco Hills.
Old 11th January 2013, 13:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your quick revert in input.

I will be comming alone and not decided about family relocation as of now. So 15K is too high. so i might have to move bit farther wherein rent is in tune of 6-8 max or will have to look for shared one initially. Where do i look for considering this this budget?
Quote:
As suggested by vnabhi, the best place for you would be Manikonda area, IBM in divyasree would be a mere 10 min traffic/stress free drive. You can get a newly built 2BHK easily under your budget, infact a 3BHK could also fit in.

I live in the same area, let me know if I can be of any help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
+1
In summer last year this area comletely dried out and everyone had to completely depand on Water tankers. I got heavy maintenance bills because of this. But accessibility to office would be very good. There are very good schools near by and the work is in progress for the biggest mall at Lanco Hills.
Yes, the excessive borewells had created a problem last year and needs to be looked into seriously by the authorities, but in my apartment it wasn't that bad. We had to call a tanker only 2 times if I remember correctly.

Where do you put up ?

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 11th January 2013 at 13:16.
Old 11th January 2013, 13:25   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

As mentioned in my previous posts, Please contact Manvik who has a big house with some rooms/floors for let-out and his place is in Manikonda, Gachibowli

PM for his number, if your interested
Old 13th January 2013, 08:51   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
As mentioned in my previous posts, Please contact Manvik who has a big house with some rooms/floors for let-out and his place is in Manikonda, Gachibowli

PM for his number, if your interested
Certainly. I have already saved his number and will certainly get connected as adviced once dates etc are 100% final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
As suggested by vnabhi, the best place for you would be Manikonda area, IBM in divyasree would be a mere 10 min traffic/stress free drive. You can get a newly built 2BHK easily under your budget, infact a 3BHK could also fit in.

I live in the same area, let me know if I can be of any help

Yes, the excessive borewells had created a problem last year and needs to be looked into seriously by the authorities, but in my apartment it wasn't that bad. We had to call a tanker only 2 times if I remember correctly.

Where do you put up ?
Thanks for helping hand. Will certainly let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
+1
Quote:
Thanks for all advice and valuable input.
Old 17th January 2013, 22:34   #81
BANNED

do we have cng in hyd?
Old 18th January 2013, 14:32   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
do we have cng in hyd?
What a lovely question Idea. Just to give you a heads-up. Hyderabad is a pretty big city. Much bigger than Pune and Bangalore

Coming back to your question. Yes, Hyderabad has plenty of CNG filling stations.
Old 18th January 2013, 14:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:
do we have cng in hyd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Coming back to your question. Yes, Hyderabad has plenty of CNG filling stations.
There are very few CNG stations in Hyderabad. I personally haven't seen any but only heard that there are a few.
There are a good number of LPG filling stations as most of the autos run on Auto LPG.
Old 18th January 2013, 15:02   #84
BHPian

Quote:
do we have cng in hyd?
Hyderabad has few CNG stations. If I remember correctly it has around 6-8 and most of them are in the outskirts of the city. Very few in the city and you need wait for an hr or so to fill up gas.

Is it true that there is plan to install pipe line for CNG from Krishna basin?
Old 18th January 2013, 15:04   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
There are very few CNG stations in Hyderabad. I personally haven't seen any but only heard that there are a few.
There are a good number of LPG filling stations as most of the autos run on Auto LPG.
Well, I have never kept an eye out for it but, assumed there are many in Hyderabad considering lot of people are buying CNG cars now.

I saw a few of them though. Nampally, Nagole and Balapur
Old 20th January 2013, 09:50   #86
BHPian

Guys, my Landlord had increased the rent and I am now looking for a better place to dwell. Looking at areas near to Sec'bad like Habsiguda/Tarnaka/Uppal/Boduppal. Any pointers. Max rent < 7.5K for a 2BHK and car park.
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:23   #87
MHG
BHPian

Guys, I'm moving to Hyderabad this feb. Job location is at Q-City, Nanakramguda Village, Serilingampally Mandal, R.R. District, Hyderabad 500 032. Since this is my first job and I'm single, I plan to keep things simple, minimal and cheap.

Requirements:
  1. Working Men's Hostel / Lodge / PG type accommodation that is at a walking distance from Q-City
  2. Single Room with attached Bathroom is enough for me
  3. Single occupancy of room
  4. 2-wheeler parking space
  5. Reasonably secure and safe (upto here all requirements mandatory)
  6. Air Conditioning (willing to compromise on this one and the ones that follow)
  7. Laundry
  8. Refrigerator (exclusive to a room) is a bonus
  9. Cooking space is a bonus
  10. Free WiFi is a bonus
  11. I'm not looking for free food, but if its included (I'm a veggie) and the taste is nice, I'm game.
Any idea how much I'll need to shell out per month and any pointers as to where I can look ? I understand that for a similar spec room in Bangalore, the price is around 8k per month. But I have no idea how things are at Hyderabad.

Last edited by MHG : 22nd January 2013 at 16:27.
Old 22nd January 2013, 22:18   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Guys, I'm moving to Hyderabad this feb. Job location is at Q-City, Nanakramguda Village, Serilingampally Mandal, R.R. District, Hyderabad 500 032. Since this is my first job and I'm single, I plan to keep things simple, minimal and cheap.

Requirements:
  1. Working Men's Hostel / Lodge / PG type accommodation that is at a walking distance from Q-City
  2. Single Room with attached Bathroom is enough for me
  3. Single occupancy of room
  4. 2-wheeler parking space
  5. Reasonably secure and safe (upto here all requirements mandatory)
  6. Air Conditioning (willing to compromise on this one and the ones that follow)
  7. Laundry
  8. Refrigerator (exclusive to a room) is a bonus
  9. Cooking space is a bonus
  10. Free WiFi is a bonus
  11. I'm not looking for free food, but if its included (I'm a veggie) and the taste is nice, I'm game.
Any idea how much I'll need to shell out per month and any pointers as to where I can look ? I understand that for a similar spec room in Bangalore, the price is around 8k per month. But I have no idea how things are at Hyderabad.
I stayed in a hostel in Madhapur for 4 months with all the facilities that you mentioned above. Single occupancy room with attached bathroom, Cable TV, WiFi, Laundry, food etc. included in the rent and I was paying 10K per month. I'm sure single occupancy rooms will be more expensive now since it's been a year since I moved out from one. Your best bet would be 2BHKs near Manikonda area which is close to Nanakramguda. You should be able to get one for around 8K. Just that you'll have to manage the laundry, food, separate internet connection etc.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:15   #89
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I stayed in a hostel in Madhapur for 4 months with all the facilities that you mentioned above. Single occupancy room with attached bathroom, Cable TV, WiFi, Laundry, food etc. included in the rent and I was paying 10K per month. I'm sure single occupancy rooms will be more expensive now since it's been a year since I moved out from one. Your best bet would be 2BHKs near Manikonda area which is close to Nanakramguda. You should be able to get one for around 8K. Just that you'll have to manage the laundry, food, separate internet connection etc.
What does laundry, electricity, water come up to ? I plan to eventually move to a flat but since that also has an advance and a lot of hidden/variable costs (electricity, water, maintenance, having to buy appliances myself, etc) I decided to go with a hostel for the first 6 months or so.
Old 23rd January 2013, 07:21   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
What does laundry, electricity, water come up to ? I plan to eventually move to a flat but since that also has an advance and a lot of hidden/variable costs (electricity, water, maintenance, having to buy appliances myself, etc) I decided to go with a hostel for the first 6 months or so.
Electricity would not exceed 200/-. Laundry and water depends on the place where you stay. Most apartments would include the water charge in the maintenance charge. For an 8K apartment, the maintenance charge would be around 1K.

Actually for a new comer, I would always suggest a hostel since it's mostly hassle-free. But getting a single occupancy room was a bit hard for me initially. Most places were quoting 11K, 12K etc. and the rooms looked messy and finally I got a decent place for 10K, a very neat little room. I had to eventually move out since the room was becoming too small for me (8x10 dimension) and I wanted a car parking. Unlike Bangalore, and other major cities, we do not have to shell out a fortune as advance here in Hyderabad for renting an apartment. 2 months advance is the norm. Maintenance is usually around 1-1.5K.

Most Viewed