Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 23:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys, I am moving to Hyderabad by the first week of February. My office is in Hyderabad SEZ @ Pocharam and for a week I would get accommodation in my company guesthouse. This means, I have only one week to get a flat to live in.

Is there some good residential locales near the SEZ or I should look out somewhere else. The flat I look is 2BHK with a max rent of 12k

Once the flat is ready, I would bring my wife and 3 month old kid home. So, the flat should be safe and a easy reach to all basic amenities nearby.

And what is the advance amount to be given at present?
Hi dre@ms,

Pocharam is on the Warangal highway, on the outskirts of Secunderabad. There are some townships and gated communities near by. Check out this link to give you some idea about the rentals: (It is a random page I picked from net)

Pocharam Rental Properties|Property Rental Pocharam Hyderabad|Property for Rent Pocharam

There is a big gated community, Singapore Township near Uppal and there are lot of apartments in Uppal. The cost would be in the range you are thinking about. My suggestion is, come down, look around personally, visit Uppal, Tarnaka, Nagole etc. You will get a fair idea of where you will be working and where you would want to live. Finding a flat is not difficult at all.

Last edited by NoRules : 31st January 2012 at 23:40.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:58   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules

Hi dre@ms,

Pocharam is on the Warangal highway, on the outskirts of Secunderabad. There are some townships and gated communities near by. Check out this link to give you some idea about the rentals: (It is a random page I picked from net)

Pocharam Rental Properties|Property Rental Pocharam Hyderabad|Property for Rent Pocharam

There is a big gated community, Singapore Township near Uppal and there are lot of apartments in Uppal. The cost would be in the range you are thinking about. My suggestion is, come down, look around personally, visit Uppal, Tarnaka, Nagole etc. You will get a fair idea of where you will be working and where you would want to live. Finding a flat is not difficult at all.
Thanks for the reply. After going through the link, it seems the rental is cheap since its the outskirts. And because you have given more options, I am confused.

Which would be the wise place to stay and chill. How far is this Uppal? Will this SEZ and neighbouring place be like a village/town/city?
How far is the Hyderabad city from the SEZ?
How to reach there from Hyderabad RS?

Since I am new to Hyderabad, being extra cautious. So many questions wandering in my head.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. After going through the link, it seems the rental is cheap since its the outskirts. And because you have given more options, I am confused.

Which would be the wise place to stay and chill. How far is this Uppal? Will this SEZ and neighbouring place be like a village/town/city?
How far is the Hyderabad city from the SEZ?
How to reach there from Hyderabad RS?

Since I am new to Hyderabad, being extra cautious. So many questions wandering in my head.
My cousin recently migrated from lucknow to hyderabad (to work for infosys @ their ghatkesar/pocharam sez) and has opted to stay at tarnaka.

He is paying 10k for a 2bhk house (one of the apartment complex behind big bazaar-tarnaka and travels by car to infy)

Tarnaka would be your best bet in terms of all the amenities and proximity to the 'real' city.(S'bad station is like 5-6kms i guess)

As suggested by no rules you need to come over and do the weekend house hunting trip (with or without an agent )

Rental advances are 3 months of your rent

Enjoy your stay in hyderabad ,its a great place

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 1st February 2012 at 09:45.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 19:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
My cousin recently migrated from lucknow to hyderabad (to work for infosys @ their ghatkesar/pocharam sez) and has opted to stay at tarnaka.

He is paying 10k for a 2bhk house (one of the apartment complex behind big bazaar-tarnaka and travels by car to infy)

Tarnaka would be your best bet in terms of all the amenities and proximity to the 'real' city.(S'bad station is like 5-6kms i guess)

As suggested by no rules you need to come over and do the weekend house hunting trip (with or without an agent )

Rental advances are 3 months of your rent

Hey buddy, thanks for ur suggestion. Have PMed u.
Old 5th February 2012, 23:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
And because you have given more options, I am confused.

Which would be the wise place to stay and chill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
and has opted to stay at tarnaka.

You can ask all the questions you have in mind and we Hyderabadis will answer them all with all the tehzeeb and adaab.....

As Rajesh said, Tarnaka is a great place to live. Way back in '95 when I brought my newly wed bride to Hyderabad, Tarnaka was where I set up my first family home and still have fond memories of our stay there. Tarnaka is pretty much accessible from all parts of the city - Secunderabad as well as Hyderabad, has lot of eating options, down town Sec'bad and Hyd are very accessible.

I would still recommend you come down, explore and then decide. If you need any help, please let me know.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 20:07   #36
BHPian

Hey guys, luckily found some chennai guys staying at singapore township and with the help of them, found a 2BHK semi-furnished flat for 7.5k

Since I have a 4 months old kid, chose singapore township. Since the distance to office from there is hardly 5 minutes. So if any emergency, I can rush fast.

I have made visit to Tarnaka, Habsiguda and found the place interesting. Dropped Uppal due to water scarcity there.

Once my son is stabilized, will definitely move to the city.

Thanks everybody and I am enjoying Hyderabad esp their DUM biryanis
Old 19th February 2012, 21:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, luckily found some chennai guys staying at singapore township and with the help of them, found a 2BHK semi-furnished flat for 7.5k

Since I have a 4 months old kid, chose singapore township. Since the distance to office from there is hardly 5 minutes. So if any emergency, I can rush fast.

I have made visit to Tarnaka, Habsiguda and found the place interesting. Dropped Uppal due to water scarcity there.

Once my son is stabilized, will definitely move to the city.

Thanks everybody and I am enjoying Hyderabad esp their DUM biryanis
Singapore township is a nice place. Over next few months you will know more about Hyderabad / Secunderabad and then can decide on which area you would want to live in.

Any questions, please do ask.

Keep checking the following threads to know more about Hyderabadi food and to interact with T-BHP Hydeez:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rabad-277.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...e-meet-20.html
Old 20th February 2012, 15:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Singapore township is a nice place. Over next few months you will know more about Hyderabad / Secunderabad and then can decide on which area you would want to live in.

Any questions, please do ask.

Keep checking the following threads to know more about Hyderabadi food and to interact with T-BHP Hydeez:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rabad-277.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...e-meet-20.html
Many thanks pal. Moreover, I will get my bike shifted this weekend, so exploring Hyderabad would be much more easier.

If need any help, sure will bump this thread.
Old 20th February 2012, 20:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I will get my bike shifted this weekend
@dre@ms : Just a reminder if you have not planned. Other State vehicles are lollipops for Hyderabad traffic police. Try and get the road tax done as soon as possible.

& Welcome to Hyderabad !

Summers are sometimes severe. AC/Coolers are essential. Mentioning just in case. My 2yr old suffered for a week when I arrived from Bangalore in April 2008.
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
@dre@ms : Just a reminder if you have not planned. Other State vehicles are lollipops for Hyderabad traffic police. Try and get the road tax done as soon as possible.

& Welcome to Hyderabad !

Summers are sometimes severe. AC/Coolers are essential. Mentioning just in case. My 2yr old suffered for a week when I arrived from Bangalore in April 2008.
Hey buddy, thanks for the additional info. I am intending to drive my bike from township to office and vice versa, and to an extent till uppal. But will sure keep this road tax in mind.
Have a split AC, so think that would suffice my kiddo's need.
Old 10th March 2012, 15:59   #41
BHPian

hi,

I am looking for a 2 BHK flat for rent in Aparna Hights / Hill Ridge / L&T (Kondapur/Gachibowli) with 2 car parking slots. Please let me know in case you are aware of any.
Old 28th August 2012, 13:54   #42
BHPian

Moving from Bangalore to Hyderabad - Need some help, advice and suggestions!

Dear All,

I am a Bangalorean and I am moving with my family (wife,2yr old daughter and my car-Wagon R) to Hyderabad on work. I will be here for atleast 3-4years or even more till I change my job. I need some help/advise and suggestions specially from Hyderabadi's.

I have listed my queries as below and it would be great if you guys can throw some light :

1.My work place is in Begumpet near Lifestyle so I will look for a rented apartment/independent house near to this place. Could you please suggest me some good place which is near to a park (where my daughter can go and play), near to a good play school. Also, do suggest me a good pediatrician near by.

I am planning to join the office by 10th September and I shall take a week time to search a good place to stay so if I have some basic info, then inputs from you guys will be spot on for my search.

2. I have to move my car from Bangalore. I enquired in the Bangalore RTO and gathered that it is a tedious work,however,I contacted an agent who promised me that he shall do all the paper work for Rs1500. While I was talking to the dealer from whom I bought my car-Garuda,the SE advised me that I can drive in Hyd with a KA registered vehicle without much issue (i.e, without going through the RTO transfer etc) as he has seen many of his customers doing this. I believe this is 'unoffcial' so I thought it's better to be on legal side.

Could you guys please let me know if any one of you undergone the same situation like transferring a four/two wheeler from one state to other? Preferably, if you guys are aware of the AP RTO procedures once I bring my car to AP and want to get registered there then any advise shall help me a lot.

3.Initially,I shall move alone for a week or two and then I am planning to come back to Bangalore, pick my wife and kid and drive to Hyderabad. I read few threads on 'Drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad' so I am confident that I too can drive without much pain. However, I shall ask more inputs from you guys when I am actually taking up the trip.

I shall wait for your response and then ask more questions. Hope you guys don't mind.

Many Thanks

Sanjeev
PS:MODS- Please move this to a relevant section if required.
Old 28th August 2012, 14:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving from Bangalore to Hyderabad-Need some help,advises and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post

2. I have to move my car from Bangalore. I enquired in the Bangalore RTO and gathered that it is a tedious work,however,I contacted an agent who promised me that he shall do all the paper work for Rs1500. While I was talking to the dealer from whom I bought my car-Garuda,the SE advised me that I can drive in Hyd with a KA registered vehicle without much issue (i.e, without going through the RTO transfer etc) as he has seen many of his customers doing this. I believe this is 'unoffcial' so I thought it's better to be on legal side.

Could you guys please let me know if any one of you undergone the same situation like transferring a four/two wheeler from one state to other? Preferably, if you guys are aware of the AP RTO procedures once I bring my car to AP and want to get registered there then any advise shall help me a lot.
Its pretty straightforward.Apply for a NOC from your present RTO.Get an agent to do all this,less headache for you.Once you have the NOC submit the NOC and relevant forms at HYD RTO(depending on your area pincode)and pay your AP Road tax.You can run with or without a new number.Once you have paid up the tax,they really are not bothered if you have changed the number or not.The other option is you could pay the road tax in AP to any RTO checking official on the road.They would write a challan saying"Car found plying in AP without having paid AP Road Tax and driver voluntarily paid the Road Tax"Once thats done,no more headache.Ofcourse the NOC route is the relatively painless route.

As for your accomodation etc,I have PMed you a few details which might come in handy.

All the best and welcome to Hyd,you would definitely like the place and the people much more than BangaloreSpeaking from experience!
Old 28th August 2012, 14:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving from Bangalore to Hyderabad-Need some help,advises and suggestions!

I agree with Ranjit on how to pay life tax. Please follow that.

As regards accommodation, the first thing that strikes my mind is Umanagar/ Kundanbagh, which is right behind Lifestyle building. There is a playground in Chinmaya Vidyalaya located there.

And there is a pre-school (I think Nasr) a km away in the lane adjacent to Spar, near Somajiguda circle.
Old 28th August 2012, 18:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Its pretty straightforward.Apply for a NOC from your present RTO.Get an agent to do all this,less headache for you.Once you have the NOC submit the NOC and relevant forms at HYD RTO(depending on your area pincode)and pay your AP Road tax.You can run with or without a new number.Once you have paid up the tax,they really are not bothered if you have changed the number or not.The other option is you could pay the road tax in AP to any RTO checking official on the road.They would write a challan saying"Car found plying in AP without having paid AP Road Tax and driver voluntarily paid the Road Tax"Once thats done,no more headache.Ofcourse the NOC route is the relatively painless route.

As for your accomodation etc,I have PMed you a few details which might come in handy.

All the best and welcome to Hyd,you would definitely like the place and the people much more than BangaloreSpeaking from experience!
Thanks for your response Ranjit. I shall contact you through email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I agree with Ranjit on how to pay life tax. Please follow that.

As regards accommodation, the first thing that strikes my mind is Umanagar/ Kundanbagh, which is right behind Lifestyle building. There is a playground in Chinmaya Vidyalaya located there.

And there is a pre-school (I think Nasr) a km away in the lane adjacent to Spar, near Somajiguda circle.
VNabhi- Thanks for your prompt reply. I shall make a note of this place when I am there.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th August 2012 at 11:27. Reason: Back to Back Posts. Read rules of forum before proceeding further

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks