Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2023, 07:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Walkie-Talkie systems

I bought the President CBs 2 years back. Government rules have been same since then atleast I suppose. Government has set rules for bandwidth. CB is allowed. Brand doesn't matter.
Old 18th June 2023, 15:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Does this mean GOI is relaxing the rules a bit?

Or is this whole stance on ‘legality’ motivated by the ‘anti-policy’ on ‘Chinese and other Covered Telecommunications’ devices.

Or is it about the transmission frequency?
Legal and Licence free are two different terms and should not be interchanged. And the rules have not changed in the recent past.

In India, these are the two true license-free options for general communication.
1. Citizens Band (CB) upto 5W
2. UHF (446 - 446.2Mhz) upto 0.5W. The radios like BrutForce operate under this frequency.

A person holding an amateur radio (HAM) license can transmit in several other HF, VHF & UHF frequencies. Companies providing telecommunication services get a license to operate in certain frequencies. The walkie-talkies used by security guards, etc come under this. These are legal but not license-free.

Chinese radios are a grey area because they allow one to communicate in multiple frequencies that are restricted. If you have a license to operate at that given frequency, using a Chinese device does not make it illegal.
Jaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 01:21   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Thanks for pointing this out, good to know that the Baofeng can be programmed to work in a legal range.
I got a programming cable. I can help you reprogramme them

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks