Team-BHP - The Team-BHP Swimming Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Team-BHP Swimming Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/76940-team-bhp-swimming-thread-3.html)

Tennis Village at Thindulu, run by the Bhupati's. The pool is clean and not too crowded, but the down side is it not a very big pool. IF I am right they charge 1200 per month. Check out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1771226)
Brilliant! I've been going to the Jayanagar pool and hate the fact that its so crowded. 1k a month is very reasonable if you swim everyday. Thanks!

Yep, it's not crowded too.
Sunday the pool will be closed.

There's also one in Koramangala - National games village. No personal experience though.

Any private pools near bannergatta road?

There is a pool in Sahakarnagar (near hebbal) by name Chairman's club and resorts. The pool is clean and they charge 100 for an hr+. the downside is, the max depth of the pool is 5.5 ft which might not be too enthusing for the novice above.

Are there any pools which teaches swimming to Kids/Women? My wife and daughter would love to learn swimming and i have some trouble finding a place with a good instructor within reasonable distance (~10 Kms) from Indiranagar.

recently opened pool in HSR layout , looks clean rates 1500/- weekdays (15 classes)

2000/- weekends 2 months

HAL has a very good swimming pool. However their timings are weird. Its 9AM to 10AM and 3 PM - 5 PM. Its Rs.1000 a month. You will need to pay by DD upfront and fill out a form along with a doctor's certificate. The forms will be available at the HAL sports complex which is just after the Vimanapura PO opposite the HAL gate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1795978)
Are there any pools which teaches swimming to Kids/Women? My wife and daughter would love to learn swimming and i have some trouble finding a place with a good instructor within reasonable distance (~10 Kms) from Indiranagar.

Try Swimming classes with Nisha Millet

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1795994)
recently opened pool in HSR layout , looks clean rates 1500/- weekdays (15 classes)

2000/- weekends 2 months

ms001,
Can you please give more details on the location of this pool?.

-Thanks

I would suggest the BAC(basavanagudi aquatic center)next to national college ground. It used to be very well maintained when i used to go swimming there a couple years back. But i have not heard any bad comments so far, so still must be quite well maintained. If visiting the public batch it will be a little crowded.But as far as i remember they also used to have these summer training camps. They have 3 pools,one for toddlers and a large pool for adults.They also have another large pool where only athletes and members are allowed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard (Post 1796468)
ms001,
Can you please give more details on the location of this pool?.

-Thanks

its on the road that goes from BDA complex to NIFT before NK ahmad and MK retail next to a school building.

Hi,
Of the public pools in south Bangalore, the BAC (Basvangudi Aquatic club) is supposed to be the best. In summers they have training batches for men, women and children. The best part is that they have a night batch which runs from 9 to 10 PM, and have only people who are serious. Also they have good coaches for both men and women. The charges till last year were 2K per month for training. However, if you are swimming enthusiast, then you can take a six month membership for around 1.2K per month or so. But they are strict about this. They make you swim a complete length of the Olympic size pool before they grant you that membership. The pool is clean, weekly cleaning is on wednesday.

I am looking for a swimming pool near Bannerghatta road that has a time slot between 9 AM (or better 10) to 12 Noon. Looking for a well maintained pool and a good crowd. Any inputs?

Any pools near Indiranagar? I am desperately;y looking for one!