Team-BHP - The Team-BHP Swimming Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Team-BHP Swimming Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/76940-team-bhp-swimming-thread-6.html)

Bump!

The 1st page has KC Reddy swimming pool recommended for East Bangalore dwellers. However, that is a 5 year old post and Google reviews aren't very good.
Can anyone let me know the condition w.r.t crowd, cleanliness etc?
I plan on inquiring it for myself on the weekend, but a heads up in advance would be nice.

I'm also on the lookout for one.
Does anyone know any swimming pools around KR Puram/Ramamurthy Nagar where they conduct swimming classes for children?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykk (Post 3752360)
Does anyone know any swimming pools around KR Puram/Ramamurthy Nagar where they conduct swimming classes for children?

I heard about the following, no personal experience though.

1) one near Royal Concorde International School
2) www.nishamillet.com runs one in Hennur

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 3752442)
I heard about the following, no personal experience though.

1) one near Royal Concorde International School
2) www.nishamillet.com runs one in Hennur

Thanks.
Any name for the one near Royal Concorde school? or is it within the school?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykk (Post 3752459)
Thanks.
Any name for the one near Royal Concorde school? or is it within the school?

No idea, its either behind the school or within it.
I did hear it was very clean during summer camp.

Name : Adhak Sports Club
Type: Outdoor (i.e. not covered) pool
Cleanliness: Pool water is filtered everyday; once or twice I have found leaves floating on water as it is outdoor pool
map:
The Team-BHP Swimming Thread-adhak-swimming.jpg

I too am looking out for a pool close to RBI Layout, JP Nagar phase 7. Anyone?

Is there any pool in Koramangala that is open to the public for a fee? I used to take my son to NGV for lessons long ago, but my understanding is that the pool is restricted to members otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshov (Post 3752992)
I too am looking out for a pool close to RBI Layout, JP Nagar phase 7. Anyone?

Try JKV school's swimming pool. It is behind the school. It is quite small but good enough for an hour's swim . IF you can buy membership from WE gym , they have a nice heated pool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykk (Post 3752360)

There is one in NRI Layout, Kalkere. Its called Sprynox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury (Post 3754225)
There is one in NRI Layout, Kalkere. Its called Sprynox.

Thanks. Just called them.
That facility is called Golden Fins. Will be visiting them soon.

For folks in Electronic City, the closest would be at the Vibgyor School on Neeladri Road (E-City). They used to charge around Rs.200 per hour (open from morning 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM and evenings from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM on weekdays and Saturday and from 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM on Sunday). I used to go there last year and the pool was clean and well maintained back then. The other place is "Play" on the Central Jail road towards Sarjapur Road. They charge Rs.250 per hour. Not sure of the condition since I've never used their swimming pool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowwhat? (Post 3753283)
Is there any pool in Koramangala that is open to the public for a fee? I used to take my son to NGV for lessons long ago, but my understanding is that the pool is restricted to members otherwise.

My boys went to Grand Mercure during the summer for a nisha Millet camp. Pool is large, well maintained and quiet neighborhood. The other options I know of are at The Paul on IRR and of course NGV.

Somebody further up mentioned Hennur. XLR8 has a pool which charges on an hourly and monthly basis.

Nisha Millet runs coaching camps at several sites including XLR8 and Grand Mercure. She has Adult beginner, Intermediate classes run by really nice instructors. Nisha only conducts Intermediate and Advanced classes at Catholic club, if I remember right. BTW, the Catholic club pool is to be heated later next month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggy (Post 3755455)
My boys went to Grand Mercure during the summer for a nisha Millet camp. Pool is large, well maintained and quiet neighborhood. The other options I know of are at The Paul on IRR and of course NGV.

Somebody further up mentioned Hennur. XLR8 has a pool which charges on an hourly and monthly basis.

Thanks for info on the Nisha Millet camp at Grand Mercure. I am planning to sign my son up for the next batch as he is in the midst of exams.

Our problem really has been the fact that he loses touch after a while as we don't have membership to any swimming pool nearby. Do you know if one can pay a pool fee and swim for an hour or two at the Paul or the Grand Mercure or any such place in Koramangala?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowwhat? (Post 3755697)
Thanks for info on the Nisha Millet camp at Grand Mercure. I am planning to sign my son up for the next batch as he is in the midst of exams.

Our problem really has been the fact that he loses touch after a while as we don't have membership to any swimming pool nearby. Do you know if one can pay a pool fee and swim for an hour or two at the Paul or the Grand Mercure or any such place in Koramangala?

My wife says she's taken the boys for a swim at Grand Mercure on a Sunday. In my limited experience, the clubs are best long term ~ KGA, Koramangala, Domlur or I Nagar for regular swimming esp for bigger Kids. But if you can't take membership, hotels are next @ GM, Paul, Leela usually empty on weekdays. The health clubs like Xlr8 and Zella get crowded on weekends but offer a variety of other distractions.