Team-BHP - The Team-BHP Swimming Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Team-BHP Swimming Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/76940-team-bhp-swimming-thread-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 1795994)
recently opened pool in HSR layout , looks clean rates 1500/- weekdays (15 classes)

2000/- weekends 2 months

Apart from classes is this place open for just swimming? As in is it open to public for doing just laps?

I live pretty close to this place that you have given directions for, but I don't remember seeing a board of some sort for this.

Sorry to bump this thread but really looking for a good pool in and near HSR layout.
@praful - any luck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon009 (Post 2250274)
Sorry to bump this thread but really looking for a good pool in and near HSR layout.
@praful - any luck?

Whoops! Sorry for the year late reply!

I did not go to this place last year, but I recently started using their pay as you go scheme which is 100 bux/hour.

The pool is ok, but its a little too small for serious swimming, recreational and learning maybe OK. But I am looking for other options as well. Heard about a pool in Vibgyor high school!

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 2735537)
Whoops! Sorry for the year late reply!

I did not go to this place last year, but I recently started using their pay as you go scheme which is 100 bux/hour.

The pool is ok, but its a little too small for serious swimming, recreational and learning maybe OK. But I am looking for other options as well. Heard about a pool in Vibgyor high school!

Is it good if someone wants to elarn swimming? I have been planning to learn but did not find any pools teaching adults.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2735632)
Is it good if someone wants to elarn swimming? I have been planning to learn but did not find any pools teaching adults.

Yes they have training batches as well.

I believe that if you learn in a better place you will naturally learn better too :)

This pool is just about OK. For me its practically not possible to travel to Basavangudi or Sadashivnagar for the proper pools so making do with this one for now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 2735888)
Yes they have training batches as well.

I believe that if you learn in a better place you will naturally learn better too :)

This pool is just about OK. For me its practically not possible to travel to Basavangudi or Sadashivnagar for the proper pools so making do with this one for now!

I went through the link posted by someone on training classes by Nisha Millet, it said Adult classes for the weekend is 4k / person, which is 15 classes not sure if the rate is good or on the higher side. This will happen in Hotel Hycena near Maharaja restaurant.

Basically not much motivation to go to Gym so looking at sports to cut the flab :D

I honestly feel the rate is a bit on the higher side.

If you live in HSR Layout then this place should be OK to learn. But if you want to cut flab then you need to be regular with this, or dump the vehicle get a cycle :)

Hi Guys, If any one interested in a new pool. A new pool (10 lane) is opened in JP Park (Mathikere). It's run by Dolphin Aquatics Club. Understand it's good and they have a coaching class at 20:15 hours and it's Rs. 3000/- for 20 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2058113)
Any pools near Indiranagar? I am desperately;y looking for one!

Sorry to bump such an old post, but are there any pools in and around Indiranagar? I'd really like to get started with this, but so far, have only found the Leela Palace pool as an option, which, of course, is prohibitively expensive!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adroit_91 (Post 2782956)
Sorry to bump such an old post, but are there any pools in and around Indiranagar? I'd really like to get started with this, but so far, have only found the Leela Palace pool as an option, which, of course, is prohibitively expensive!!

I didn't find anything in the vicinity of Indiranagar. But i have now moved to Malleswaram and will go to the Sadashivnagar swimming pool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adroit_91 (Post 2782956)

Swim Life provides coaching @ CITI NEST Sports Center, Indiranagar (With Heated Pools)

You can check their website for more details; I have taken swimming lessons from them at the St Joseph's Indian High school pool; the trainers are all professional swimmers so the quality is good.

SwimLife - Home

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2783621)
I didn't find anything in the vicinity of Indiranagar. But i have now moved to Malleswaram and will go to the Sadashivnagar swimming pool.

Thanks for the demotivation! :( Even I am finding it next to impossible to find it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chikkars (Post 2783797)
Swim Life provides coaching @ CITI NEST Sports Center, Indiranagar (With Heated PoolsSwimLife - Home

Thanks man, for the response! But, I know how to swim, just want to get started with a regular daily swim! Any idea whether this CITI NEST Sports Center membership also has years long queue? Couldn't find any information online!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adroit_91 (Post 2783924)

Thanks man, for the response! But, I know how to swim, just want to get started with a regular daily swim! Any idea whether this CITI NEST Sports Center membership also has years long queue? Couldn't find any information online!

Np. Not sure about the membership, but I guess you can try calling them to find out.

Citi Nest Sports Centre near Indiranagar, Bangalore | Swimming Clubs | Justdial

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh

Hi
Are you talking about this pool?
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...07690435148878

Have you started going to this pool? Can you tell me what the monthly or yearly membership charges for this pool? Also do they remain open in winters?

Thanks.

Gopalan Internation School at Basavanagar Mahadevpura has a pool which can be used by outsiders after school hours. They have an annual membership for 7k. Well maintained and its not crowded.