Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 12:09   #1561
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
...Post verification is only applicable for Tatakal and no address change applications. I am talking from first hand experience in Pune...
I thought there is NO police verification if there is NO change from the previous details. Also, from a relative who works in passport office, looks like there is an entry made against each passport whether there is a need for police verification is required on renewal. If it is marked NO, then there is NO verification done.
Old 5th September 2014, 22:59   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought there is NO police verification if there is NO change from the previous details. Also, from a relative who works in passport office, looks like there is an entry made against each passport whether there is a need for police verification is required on renewal. If it is marked NO, then there is NO verification done.
There seems to be no discernible method as to how police verification is judged necessary for renewal where no details change. I renewed my passport two years ago (one of the last of the manual forms) -- it was super-efficient by Kolkata standards and the website tracking said police verification "waived". My parents followed suit six months later with my father getting a 'waiver' and my mother subject to a tortuous verification that lasted six months.
Old 7th September 2014, 10:58   #1563
BHPian

hello Gurus,
so I have a kind of weird case here - my passport was stolen while in Spain. I have a police FIR in spanish, I also filed a Delhi police NCR report.

I have applied for replacement of lost passport - will these two documents be sufficient ? my main concern is that they will ask for some additional documentation from Indian embassy in spain or not accept the spanish FIR.

any help here ?
Old 7th September 2014, 11:11   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
hello Gurus,
so I have a kind of weird case here - my passport was stolen while in Spain. I have a police FIR in spanish, I also filed a Delhi police NCR report.

I have applied for replacement of lost passport - will these two documents be sufficient ? my main concern is that they will ask for some additional documentation from Indian embassy in spain or not accept the spanish FIR.

any help here ?
Translate the FIR in English and get it notarized.A photocopy of the Emergency Certificate+ Spain's FIR+Delhi FIR and photocopy of your lost PP should be enough.

Waseem.
Old 7th September 2014, 14:35   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Translate the FIR in English and get it notarized.A photocopy of the Emergency Certificate+ Spain's FIR+Delhi FIR and photocopy of your lost PP should be enough.

Waseem.
thank for that suggestion - can you tell me what type of translation is allowed for notary ? this is something that I have not done before so I dont understand that.

Also I dont have copy of emergency certificate (it was a big hassle and lots of trouble while coming back) - will it still be OK, if everything else is available ?
Old 7th September 2014, 15:57   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Okay, so it wont be that quick after all. This might be a system quirk. This is the verification mode mentioned in receipt / acknowledgement.

Attachment 1282871
The acknowledgement letter issued to me had police verification mode set as POST VERIFICATION.
But I didn't receive the passport. I received a message from PSK(Passport Seva Kendra) after 3 weeks,that my PVR is pending.

So post verification is only applicable for TATKAL and applications without any changes in the applicant details from the previous passport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Yes thats what my understanding is. I wonder what that entry is.

My first passport was issued from Hyderabad and renewed from Pune. My acknowledgement letter said - Police verification mode = Post Verification.

Quote:
hello Gurus,

any help here ?
How did you return to India ? I am pretty sure that the Indian Embassy (if it is present in spain) might have issued you a temporary passport which enabled you to return to India. I think this passport should also be submitted as one of the documents.

Last edited by F150 : 7th September 2014 at 16:05.
Old 8th September 2014, 11:14   #1567
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Can e-aadhaar printout be used as one of the PoA while applying for a Passport?
Old 8th September 2014, 21:06   #1568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Can e-aadhaar printout be used as one of the PoA while applying for a Passport?
E-adhaar is not acceptable. You have to have the physical adhaar card.
Old 9th September 2014, 08:55   #1569
BHPian

E-aadhaar is quite valid, provided you take a color print and laminate it. I did the same and saw many people doing the same at that time.
Old 9th September 2014, 09:34   #1570
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
E-adhaar is not acceptable. You have to have the physical adhaar card.
Yes, I too don't think they will accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
E-aadhaar is quite valid, provided you take a color print and laminate it. I did the same and saw many people doing the same at that time.
So did they accept the print out? Anyone else for whom it worked?
Old 9th September 2014, 09:38   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Yes, I too don't think they will accept it.

So did they accept the print out? Anyone else for whom it worked?
Nope they did not. They wanted the physical copy which came by mail along with the Aadhar card. This was four months back.
Old 9th September 2014, 10:35   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
How did you return to India ? I am pretty sure that the Indian Embassy (if it is present in spain) might have issued you a temporary passport which enabled you to return to India. I think this passport should also be submitted as one of the documents.
Read this, its called emergency certificate.

https://www.indianembassy.org/pages.php?id=26

Quote:
thank for that suggestion - can you tell me what type of translation is allowed for notary ? this is something that I have not done before so I dont understand that.
The translation should be done in English and the copy should be notarized.

You can contact the embassy and ask them to email your emergency certificate if you do not have a copy of the same.

Call me after 6pm if you have any queries (have pm'ed my no.)

Waseem.
Old 9th September 2014, 10:53   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
There is a reason why e-adhaar card is not accepted. There are illegal shops which advertise that they will print your e-adhaar card for 100 Rs. These goons are doing good business because in 99% cases, the e-adhaar is generated in a few days whereas the actual physical card takes months/years to reach the applicant. So government and many private firms are aware of this and do not accept e-adhaar card.

Two persons, one female and one gentleman were told to leave and get physical adhaar at the Pune Passport kendra in front of me.

Mind you, even VODAFONE and Airtel don't accept e-adhaar card for new SIM. This is from my personal experience.

If your e-adhaar printout was accepted, you were lucky. But, I would suggest do not take a chance when you are doing anything related to your passport.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:59   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
There is a reason why e-adhaar card is not accepted. There are illegal shops which advertise that they will print your e-adhaar card for 100 Rs.

Two persons, one female and one gentleman were told to leave and get physical adhaar at the Pune Passport kendra in front of me.

Mind you, even VODAFONE and Airtel don't accept e-adhaar card for new SIM. This is from my personal experience.

If your e-adhaar printout was accepted, you were lucky. But, I would suggest do not take a chance when you are doing anything related to your passport.
I aggree that there may be shops doing such things but what I dont understand is our gov. interdepartmental bulls###$. Cant the passport department verfiy everything just by our Aadhaar number? Why do they have to see the original in the first place? Many of us never got it.

Anyway I was prepared with N other types of address proofs as well. So people should be geared with other proofs as well. I even took a print out of the following letter http://aadhaar.rajasthan.gov.in/User...0e-Aadhaar.pdf

The above is a letter written by Gov. of Rajhasthan to the regional passport officers, giving them instructions to accept e-adhaars at par with originals.

Its a different practice in different city. My brother's rent aggreement was accepted in Mumbai, my e-aadhaar was accepted in Hyderabad(btw i wasnt alone, saw atleast 10 people with color e-adhaars before me). So one never knows, he/she should have as many backups as possible.

On the otherhand Vodafone and Airtel have no means of verifying it so thats fine.

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 9th September 2014 at 12:05.
Old 9th September 2014, 12:14   #1575
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an regular (non-tatkaal) appointment for my infant child coming up at Pune PSK. The instructions say to take a 45x35mm photograph on white background along. Seems to indicate that only one parent needs to be present, along with the child.

Can someone confirm this? I don't want to go there, infant in tow and be told, arre bache ko kyon leke aaye?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks