Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 10:01   #1591
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Call me a pessimist, but i would rather keep additional address proof as well, just to be safe. Does she have any accounts with a nationalized bank? If yes, i would hold on to those as well for additional proof.

A post paid mobile connection/landline bill would also further aid your case.

P.S. : The above recommendations are based purely on my experiences with these departments.
Thanks for the inputs. She does not have an account on the current address with any of the banks in the list provided.

Post paid mobile connection is available. Will keep that handy. I assume that in case of mobile a bill from a private operator like Vodafone is also acceptable?
Old 16th September 2014, 10:09   #1592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Post paid mobile connection is available. Will keep that handy. I assume that in case of mobile a bill from a private operator like Vodafone is also acceptable?
Private mobile operators are fine. I would suggest taking printouts of the bill (if ebill) preferably a latest one, as well as one from a year ago (or as much as possible) and then getting a stamp on it from the nearby Vodafone outlet. I had done the same when furnishing address proof using my Airtel connection, for passport renewal.

While these may not necessarily be required, i believe that putting in some effort now will save you the hassle from having to run around later.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:30   #1593
BHPian

Folks, need an expert advice here: my passport was due for renewal on March 10th 2015, I went in today for the renewal. After all my docs were collected the lady stamped my existing passport cancelled. I was unaware of this :( . I have a travel on 28th sep, since I went through normal channel, it will take about 30 days. Does anyone have any suggestions to get the passport quicker ?
Old 16th September 2014, 12:36   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Folks, need an expert advice here: my passport was due for renewal on March 10th 2015, I went in today for the renewal. After all my docs were collected the lady stamped my existing passport cancelled.
What is the police verification mode in acknowledgement / receipt issued at the end of the process ?

Is it is "Post Verification", you might get the passport in a week.
Old 16th September 2014, 14:31   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
What is the police verification mode in acknowledgement / receipt issued at the end of the process ?

Is it is "Post Verification", you might get the passport in a week.
Thanks Buddy, The Police Verification says = Not Required. Few guys asked to go the RPO and bribe the folks there for faster delivery.

Is there anything specific I need to take care off ?

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 16th September 2014, 15:54   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Police Verification says = Not Required.
You should get an SMS by tomorrow mentioning that "Printing has been Initiated". If that is the case, you should get passport in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
She does not have an account on the current address with any of the banks in the list provided.
Take a few address proof that are on your name + your passport + marriage certificate. That should be sufficient.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 16th September 2014 at 15:56.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:36   #1597
BHPian

Dear Members,

I've to apply for a fresh PP for my wife and renew my expired PP. Now we have registered ourselves at the Official website (Passport.gov.in).
Now my query is while making an online application, can I upload the form for myself and my wife from my login ID or do I have to do the same from the respective login ID's?
Old 17th September 2014, 10:08   #1598
BHPian

My wife's passport was due for expiry in April. Since we have travel plans next month, applied through tatkal yesterday. The process was smooth and took 45 minutes in all. All they wanted was a original and a single copy of the Aadhaar card, filled application copy and copy of the old passport. This because there is a change in address. Otherwise, only documents 2 & 3 sufficient.

The status was changed to printed within a couple of hours. They informed that the passport will be sent to our address before Friday.

"Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

Next kids passports need to be renewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Dear Members,

I've to apply for a fresh PP for my wife and renew my expired PP. Now we have registered ourselves at the Official website (Passport.gov.in).
Now my query is while making an online application, can I upload the form for myself and my wife from my login ID or do I have to do the same from the respective login ID's?
Yes, you can have upto 3 applications from a single login.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th September 2014 at 18:33. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 17th September 2014, 11:13   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Dear Members,

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Yes, you can have upto 3 applications from a single login.
+1 patron.

3 applications from a single login.

Waseem.
Old 17th September 2014, 12:31   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
You should get an SMS by tomorrow mentioning that "Printing has been Initiated". If that is the case, you should get passport in a week.
Thanks again mate, I did get "Printing has been Initiated" last night itself. However I went to RPO (not PSK) this morning took an appointment and met an officer there, I gave him the reason for urgency along with the confirmed ticket, he assured me that PP will be dispatched by tomorrow (18th Sep) . Feeling relieved.

As I was typing this message, got another SMS: Passport printed for your file No.xxxxxx You will receive SMS once it is dispatched by speed post.

Last edited by 2500cc : 17th September 2014 at 12:32. Reason: Update
Old 17th September 2014, 12:41   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I was typing this message, got another SMS: Passport printed for your file No.xxxxxx You will receive SMS once it is dispatched by speed post.
Based on my experience, you should get passport by Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Overall process seems to be automated and managed by TCS, though actual validations during printing / dispatch are done by govt employees.
Old 17th September 2014, 12:46   #1602
Senior - BHPian

My son's passport renewal application was done on 11th. The current status is passport is printed and awaiting quality check/ lamination/ signing.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:08   #1603
BHPian

My wife's passport is expiring in September 2015 (one year from now). Have applied for renewal and appointment date is later this month. The original passport was issued from Delhi and renewal application is made at Mumbai. Have the following documents as proofs:

1. Landline Bill from MTNL from last 1.5 years
2. Bank passbook which was issued recently but has transactions from more than one year. Also have Bank statements of Aug 2013 and Sep 2014 (Internet printouts on which I've obtained stamps and sign from SBI branch)
3. e-Aadhar card downloaded this month after updating the address
4. Registered leave and license agreement of two years (Dec 2012 to Nov 2014)

Someone at my office mentioned that I also have to get NOC from the society. I have spoken to the society's secretary who informed me that they don't issue NOC to the tenants. My question is how important NOC is for renewal both from passport officials' point of view as well as for police verification. What could be the way out if they demand it?
Old 17th September 2014, 14:22   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
1. Landline Bill from MTNL from last 1.5 years
2. Bank passbook which was issued recently but has transactions from more than one year. Also have Bank statements of Aug 2013 and Sep 2014 (Internet printouts on which I've obtained stamps and sign from SBI branch)
3. e-Aadhar card downloaded this month after updating the address
4. Registered leave and license agreement of two years (Dec 2012 to Nov 2014)
1. and 2. are sufficient to get you your passport issued with address change. 3. is not accepted by PSK as per discussion above and 4. is to be provided only if one of the other required proofs is not available (say telephone not there and electric bill in landlord's name etc.)
Quote:
Someone at my office mentioned that I also have to get NOC from the society. I have spoken to the society's secretary who informed me that they don't issue NOC to the tenants. My question is how important NOC is for renewal both from passport officials' point of view as well as for police verification. What could be the way out if they demand it?
Passport is issued by the government. Why would they need an NOC from your society to issue you a passport?
A lesson in this: don't believe everything you hear. Check the passport seva website- it has all the details precisely laid out. Follow it faithfully and you will get your passport.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:26   #1605
Team-BHP Support

While booking appointment, is there a way to mention that you need Tatkal passport. If so, does it allow a person to get appointment at a earlier date?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks