Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 03:41   #841
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Hi friends,

I had submitted my application for a fresh passport (regular /non tatkal) on 16 jan 2012 at worli RPO. On 08 feb i was called to local police chowkie for verification and submitted all the documents required.
But as of today even after more than a month Passport status site shows " Police report has not been received" .
Any idea how long does it take to get a fresh passport in mumbai under normal ( non tatkal) procedure ? It's almost been 2 mnths since i applied.
Got my passport yesterday after 6 months of ordeal . What is noteworthy is that the application status was stuck at "Police report is incomplete and the case is being examined" for the last 4 months. Numerous complaints to RPO and police were as usually discarded / ignored.
Lodged a grievance at www.pgportal.gov.in on 22nd of may not expecting much. But it really works ! It is evident that these folks at pgportal handle grievances lodged there seriously. Hats of to them , couldn't thank them enough :d special thanks to GTO for introducing pgportal to us .
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:43   #842
BHPian

It has been 3 weeks since i had submitted my documents and still waiting for police verification to be comlpleted . Can i download the PCC format and go to the concerned police station to get this done .
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:54   #843
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
It has been 3 weeks since i had submitted my documents and still waiting for police verification to be comlpleted . Can i download the PCC format and go to the concerned police station to get this done .
Is this for a change in passport particulars, or for PCC ?
In either case, you do not need to download or fill in anything to check at the respective police station.

Go with your file number which is provided to you by the PSK and ask at the police station if the file has reached them. If it has, you would need a couple of passport size photos, along with the origonal passport along with copies to submit there. You can get the verification done at the police station itself if the file has reached them, instead of waiting for them to come to your residence.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:46   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

I filled in all the required details and got an ARN on the 30th of July. Since then I am trying to get an appointment on a daily basis, at various times of the day. The message I get is:
Quote:
Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day.
Do these fools issue limited number of appointments per day? What sense does that make? Why don't they have a calendar app on the website with available slots displayed and I can choose one of them? OK- if that is too sophisticated a requirement, why not just take requests for an appointment any time of day and then schedule them offline and update the details later?

What's the point of putting something online and then asking people to login at a specific 10-minute time window? It defies all logic.

I thought I'd call their call centre for clarity. The website says Citizen Service Executive Support is available from 8 AM to 10 PM. I tried the number listed 1800-258-1800 and it goes to an automated IVR with no human intervention. Tried a couple of times and it just recites what is there on the website. So much for a helpline!

Meanwhile, am running out of time and patience. Pune has migrated to the PSK system only recently and I was looking forward to it since the old system meant queuing up at 6 am to get in after 10 when the office opened, etc. But to be honest that system worked fine and I got 2 passports for my family within just over a month. This newfangled business aint working for me!
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:53   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The message I get is:
This means that indeed the slots have been taken.
In case of Bangalore, under ideal conditions, with the grace on God shining extra bright on your head, you will get to a calendar page where the lots are list and you have to pick one of them as per your requirements.

But that is if you are able to get past the first page of Captcha.
By the time you clear that page the slots are gone.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:56   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I don't get it- that's what Samurai also posted some pages ago.

There is a single "Manage Appoinment" link on the PSK Applicant Home page. Cannot see any calendar. Can you post a screenshot of where I can find this? Or is this something unique to Bangalore?
Passport Renewal Procedure-psk.png

Last edited by noopster : 3rd August 2012 at 13:01.
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:54   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ I don't get it- that's what Samurai also posted some pages ago.

There is a single "Manage Appoinment" link on the PSK Applicant Home page. Cannot see any calendar. Can you post a screenshot of where I can find this? Or is this something unique to Bangalore?
Attachment 964723
This is like tatkal railway tickets. The slots for the next day (talking about Bangalore) open at 6 in evening. If you try that "Manage Appoinment" at sharp 6 then you will come to next page where the calendar with slots will be displayed.

Do not ask me to take a screenshot that elusive page. Taking a screenshot of "Bose-Higgins" will be easier than that.

TIP: Try on Sunday when most of the IT junta is not on their company high speed net to grab slots.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:53   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: I finally got a message that slots open (for Pune) at 7:30 pm daily. So logged in 15 minutes before and tried various timings before finally getting a slot.

The information available on the website is occasionally contradictory and the workflow is confusing as well. "Apply for PCC" is a separate option but it assumes existence of a current passport. I am carrying 3 sets of documents which was the old method of doing things (submission at RPO) but my appointment is at the Pune PSK. Will take it as it happens and post an update soon.
Old 21st August 2012, 13:09   #849
BHPian

Hey Guys,
Need some help/advise on going thru with our (Me and my spouse) passport application -
1. The last page of passport is "damaged", the lamination on the last sheet having the photograph has been peeled off. So, planning to apply for a new one.
2. Need to add my spouse's name in my passport.
3. Need to add my name in my wife's passport
4. Need to change the address in my wife's passport.

I understand the process to apply for a New passport in place of a damaged passport is -
a. Go to passport website, Download e-form
b. upload the xml after updating the details
c. Schedule appointment and take print out of the ARN (?)
d. Go to the PSK along with the originals.

1. Is this process correct?
2. What do i need to do to get my name added in my spouse's passport, Her passport is fine, no damage.
3. What do we need to do to get the address changed? Addres needs to be changed from her earlier address to my address where she is staying currently. Re-issue of a passport or a fresh passport? What additional documents do we need in this case?

Any help/suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 21st August 2012, 16:30   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
1. Is this process correct?
2. What do i need to do to get my name added in my spouse's passport, Her passport is fine, no damage.
3. What do we need to do to get the address changed? Addres needs to be changed from her earlier address to my address where she is staying currently. Re-issue of a passport or a fresh passport? What additional documents do we need in this case?
The process is correct, you can check the documents required feature on the home page for reissue and accordingly gather the documentation. You may need to fill Annexure-L, have it ready just in case they ask for it. Both of you should apply for reissue of passports and have the required documents ready.
Old 21st August 2012, 21:21   #851
Team-BHP Support

Guys, need help.

My passport has been damaged beyond repair. Its as good as lost- in that no details/ pages can be retrieved from it.

How do i go about replacing it?
Old 27th August 2012, 15:32   #852
BHPian

Got my passport reissue procedure initiated last week in Mumbai. Had a change of address & on the slip i got from them it shows documents submitted successfully & they also clicked one Pre so "Police verification shall be carried out before issuance of passport". Week later that is yesterday went to the police station where my name was there in the register they have there.

The cop or whoever was the person sitting there, after looking at the folder gave me a small chit with all the documents i have to bring along, along with three photographs. It includes electricity bill, birth certificate, bank statement & so on. He says it is required for him to submit to the "CID" who will then come home to verify & then with their clearance will he give the go ahead for issuing of the passport. I just want to know if I have to submit all these documents again at the police station & all that he says is true or not for my passport to be issued? I have to travel in October before which i have to get my visa in place.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:20   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Got my passport reissue procedure initiated last week in Mumbai. Had a change of address & on the slip i got from them it shows documents submitted successfully & they also clicked one Pre so "Police verification shall be carried out before issuance of passport". Week later that is yesterday went to the police station where my name was there in the register they have there.

The cop or whoever was the person sitting there, after looking at the folder gave me a small chit with all the documents i have to bring along, along with three photographs. It includes electricity bill, birth certificate, bank statement & so on. He says it is required for him to submit to the "CID" who will then come home to verify & then with their clearance will he give the go ahead for issuing of the passport. I just want to know if I have to submit all these documents again at the police station & all that he says is true or not for my passport to be issued? I have to travel in October before which i have to get my visa in place.
Did you apply in tatkal or normal? I guess you did it in Tatkal since you are in urgency.

Usually, its either one - You visit and provide the documents for verification or they visit your place to check the documents.

I don't think both are done.

yes, they do check the documents along with their list, and complete a procedural form, get it signed from you and forward the form back to Police commissioner office. From there the clearance reaches the passport office.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:26   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Did you apply in tatkal or normal? I guess you did it in Tatkal since you are in urgency.

Usually, its either one - You visit and provide the documents for verification or they visit your place to check the documents.

I don't think both are done.

yes, they do check the documents along with their list, and complete a procedural form, get it signed from you and forward the form back to Police commissioner office. From there the clearance reaches the passport office.
I applied the normal way as I am travelling in October & had heard the procedure is now quick & painless.

So as you said one of the two has to happen. So after i submit the documents to them for verification & the forwarding happens, it's going to be tough to track whether it's moving forward or not right? Will the passport seva website have an update on this status change also?
Old 27th August 2012, 16:59   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
I applied the normal way as I am travelling in October & had heard the procedure is now quick & painless.

So as you said one of the two has to happen. So after i submit the documents to them for verification & the forwarding happens, it's going to be tough to track whether it's moving forward or not right? Will the passport seva website have an update on this status change also?
I am not sure if you can speed up the process now.

usually, (during manual submission days) we had an option to visit Passport office, prove them the urgency (a invitation letter from abroad, for eg.) and convert the normal track to tatkal and get it done sooner. They may have it now, but not sure.

Please check with some agents, if it is really urgent. Or send a mail to passport seva counters / call centers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks